Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Helium Balloons

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Random thread from me as usual but hey-ho

Whenever i see them i end up smiling for some strange reason, my 2yr old loves them so often buying them. When was the last time you had one bought for you, or you bought one for someone else??

I still have one in my front room from Valentines day with no sign of deflation yet.. think it must be some kind of record lol

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

My birthday last month I got three .... son decided to let them all down so he could suck the helium and 'talk like a 'toon'.

over a year ago

If the balloons are made of aluminium coated plastic sheeting, then there is practically zero gas permeability if the knot at the opening is air tight.

over a year ago

"My birthday last month I got three .... son decided to let them all down so he could suck the helium and 'talk like a 'toon'. "

im guilty of doing that when they start to look a bit sad lol

made a recording on my phone of me singing the All Saints song 'Never Ever' and amuse myself by playing it when i need a cheering up lol

over a year ago

"My birthday last month I got three .... son decided to let them all down so he could suck the helium and 'talk like a 'toon'.

im guilty of doing that when they start to look a bit sad lol

made a recording on my phone of me singing the All Saints song 'Never Ever' and amuse myself by playing it when i need a cheering up lol

"

over a year ago

"If the balloons are made of aluminium coated plastic sheeting, then there is practically zero gas permeability if the knot at the opening is air tight.

"

the one from Valentines day is transparent so not sure if it can be coated in aluminium.. but will look out for ones that are for future reference

over a year ago

Yesterday for me mam's 90th birthday, today...;-)

over a year ago

It was on the news the other day that natural helium gas is running out. It's not replenishable and can't be manufactured, at least that's how I understand it.

So looks like our helium ballons will be no more, and they need to keep the supplies for medical purposes.

over a year ago

Some clear plastic sheetings are made up of layers with different properties, like some are less gas permeable than others.

However, they are not cheap, and are usually found in higher end food packaging.

For ease of tying by the vendor, a gadget is usually used to twist the opened end and held in place to minimise leak.

If this is not done well/properly, then the balloon will deflate over time.

It is therefore advisable to tie an overhang dead knot if at all possible.

over a year ago

"Yesterday for me mam's 90th birthday, today...;-)"

Happy Birthday to your mum.. what a beautiful day for her to celebrate too

over a year ago

"It was on the news the other day that natural helium gas is running out. It's not replenishable and can't be manufactured, at least that's how I understand it.

So looks like our helium ballons will be no more, and they need to keep the supplies for medical purposes."

awww

something so simple gives me great pleasure

over a year ago

"It was on the news the other day that natural helium gas is running out. It's not replenishable and can't be manufactured, at least that's how I understand it.

So looks like our helium ballons will be no more, and they need to keep the supplies for medical purposes.

awww

something so simple gives me great pleasure"

If you fancy something simple, I'm here

over a year ago

So looks like our helium ballons will be no more, and they need to keep the supplies for medical purposes."

Yeah I'm amazed that the helium balloon industry hasn't been banned lol!

Seriously though, this stuff is need to make those MRI scanners work seems silly to waste it in balloons

By *eavenNhellCouple
over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

guy also said they should cost £100 each but don't cos those enviromentaly friendly yanks are selling there reserves off at discount prices therefore flooding the market with cheap gas

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 25/03/12 11:33:01]

over a year ago

£100 for a balloon?

over a year ago

"Yesterday for me mam's 90th birthday, today...;-)

Happy Birthday to your mum.. what a beautiful day for her to celebrate too "

Someone has put the Sun back in Sunday...

Yaaayyy!!!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

We used to steal them from shops when they where promating something just to talk into them. I remember getting callum a bugs bunny one when he was in a pushchair and the head came off and the wind took it and i had to keep running down the road chasing it.

Last time i bought one was callums 21st in september

over a year ago

You are half right... the MRI scanners use very pure helium, the ballon industry uses very diluted helium, usually recycled from said MRI scanners.

over a year ago

I worked in a helium factory but I quit after one day

I wasn't going to be spoke to in that tone of voice

over a year ago

ok ok i take everything back.. i freaking hate them!! my 2yr old took one of them outside and let it go.. she's hysterically crying saying 'mummy catch it, balloon in the sky'

if she is like this over a balloon i'm never getting her a pet

over a year ago

Received one today for my 50th birthday. XxX

over a year ago

Helium = its just a funny way of trying to say something..

Post new Message to Thread