Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Time out or blocked for ever

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Im wondering if ,once blocked, people should stay blocked or just use a "sin bin" approach

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Stays block, forever.

over a year ago

Afraid the people we've blocked stay blocked!! A few have even left and rejoined but use the same pics, so they get put back in our block list as soon as we recognise them

over a year ago

"Im wondering if ,once blocked, people should stay blocked or just use a "sin bin" approach "

over a year ago

"Im wondering if ,once blocked, people should stay blocked or just use a "sin bin" approach "

I have no interest in people I would rather ignore, so once they're blocked they're blocked for good.

By *am sampsonMan
over a year ago

cwmbran

Depends why you block the in the first place

over a year ago

I don't block very often. After nearly 5 years here I still only have about a dozen on block.

However, if I do block then I don't want to unblock and allow any contact with me, they are blocked for a reason.

over a year ago

block stay blocked i blocked for a reason xxx

over a year ago

"Im wondering if ,once blocked, people should stay blocked or just use a "sin bin" approach

I have no interest in people I would rather ignore, so once they're blocked they're blocked for good. "

I ask only because I seem a bit "handy" with the block button of late

over a year ago

"Im wondering if ,once blocked, people should stay blocked or just use a "sin bin" approach

I have no interest in people I would rather ignore, so once they're blocked they're blocked for good.

I ask only because I seem a bit "handy" with the block button of late "

It's a function of the site I use regularly along with the other features that allow us to filter out those we'd never want to have sex with because we simply don't like them as people.

over a year ago

...and it saves time in them pointlessly messaging us or us replying to it.

over a year ago

We have quite a few on the block list, mainly because they are disrespectful so they don't get a second chance.

over a year ago

I have no interest in people I would rather ignore, so once they're blocked they're blocked for good. I ask only because I seem a bit "handy" with the block button of late "

i am very handy with the block button but then i mainly us it when i am in chat to single guys as i have no wish to meet them so if they r rude i block and they can't message me anyway as not looking for single guys so its never an issue if i block them x

over a year ago

I maybe have a guilt complex lol

over a year ago

Just checked how many are on our list and was quite surprised, didn't realise my blocking finger had been that busy (Lynne)

By *waymanMan
over a year ago

newcastle

Doesn't it depend why you block them? Forgiveness is a very human thing, and often only takes time, but if you're never going to want to talk to them, well, that's how it is.

over a year ago

i havent blocked 1 person yet

over a year ago

I try not to block now unless they have been abusive/offensive, now i use "private note" facility and have a reminder of why im not interested or when i replied "no thanks" to them

over a year ago

Depends why you block the in the first place "

This

I've blocked guys with short memories, who keep 'asking' but after a few weeks I'll most likely 'unblock' knowing they will have moved along by then.

If it a peson who has little or nothing in common with me.... or a 'quaint' world view that makes me go

Then they can stay blocked.

over a year ago

Ever been to a social, exchanged warm enthusiastic hello's, chatted away nicely,indeed found the person/people to be completely delightfull, then they look you straight in the eyes and say, "ohh well pity we are blocked eh"?

Just a thought

over a year ago

"Ever been to a social, exchanged warm enthusiastic hello's, chatted away nicely,indeed found the person/people to be completely delightfull, then they look you straight in the eyes and say, "ohh well pity we are blocked eh"?

Just a thought "

Not yet, but am looking forward to the experience. Only trouble is that I have a shit memory lol

over a year ago

Doesn't it depend why you block them? Forgiveness is a very human thing, and often only takes time, but if you're never going to want to talk to them, well, that's how it is."

Like the forgiveness thing....this morning Im in a forgiving mood

over a year ago

"Ever been to a social, exchanged warm enthusiastic hello's, chatted away nicely,indeed found the person/people to be completely delightfull, then they look you straight in the eyes and say, "ohh well pity we are blocked eh"?

Just a thought "

over a year ago

Better still ...someone was very rude to me as a couple ...then tried to meet me as a single. Bad memory me thinks

over a year ago

"Like the forgiveness thing....this morning Im in a forgiving mood "

I don't do forgiveness, it's not one of my traits. When I dislike someone I dislike them forever. I know what type of people I like and which type of person would irritate the hell out of me after 5 minutes of talking to them.

over a year ago

"Better still ...someone was very rude to me as a couple ...then tried to meet me as a single. Bad memory me thinks "

Payback's a bitch innit.

over a year ago

i will only unblock if i generally made a a mistake but but gut feeling has never proved me wrong yet

over a year ago

Love it when Karma comes a calling

over a year ago

"Love it when Karma comes a calling "

does she play with couples too?

over a year ago

My gut instinct is 99.99% accurate when it comes to people.

I don't block without a reason, however, the reasons could be considered as very trivial by some.

As if I care much about what other may think. Ha!

over a year ago

Just a thought "

lol! I was just thinking this day before yesterday!

I got a message the other day from some guy who felt the need to tell me I was a 'munter' ... I thought how funny if we met at a club and forgot! lol!

over a year ago

" I ask only because I seem a bit "handy" with the block button of late "

You need something better to do with your hands...

over a year ago

I think swingers are all fun and fun seeking people,therefore if you are sent a message that reads in no way fun or nice then yes i get this, instant block thing.

over a year ago

Meeting those I have blocked face to face always reaffirms my gut feel being correct in the first place.

It's a gift!

over a year ago

If I left everyone blocked that I have blocked I would have no one to talk to as have fat fingers on a small screen in chat and am always blocking ppl by accident.

I actually unblocked everyone on list the other day as I didn't know who was who on the basis I Cavan always reblock as and when needed.

over a year ago

You could always unblock your list, every 3 months or something and start the blocking again

over a year ago

I have no one in block now its a bit of a power games to some the block. Thay can so thay Do. And some for very little. Yes i under- stand if people are nasty and rube why and maybe if get lots never take a no.

over a year ago

I share the sentiment about blocking those I do not have any interest in getting to know let alone to play with.

Save time and effort for both parties.

over a year ago

"I share the sentiment about blocking those I do not have any interest in getting to know let alone to play with.

"

if i did that i would be at it all day and never have time for reading forums and my mail and posting ,

over a year ago

"I share the sentiment about blocking those I do not have any interest in getting to know let alone to play with.

"

We do the same it only takes seconds to block and it avoids getting messages you really don't want.

over a year ago

most stay blocked so i dont have to read their profiles again and try and remember who they are, it saves time. sometimes i block people if am in a bad mood, then the next day i unblock them.

By *odareyouMan
over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

You're on a list for a reason . unless that reason changes , I see no reason to remove someone from the list... if you gave them a time out,, people generally revert to type change is very difficult both to do and maintain,,.. you'd only end up re blocking them..

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Rarely do i unblock someone ive blocked. Ive blocked them for a reason and usually forget about them. I have no idea usually whose on my block list as i never check it

over a year ago

I used to have about 200 blocked.. but we changed what we were looking for a little so unblocked..

but quite quickly about half ended up back on there..

Cali

over a year ago

I felt like I was being too harsh to people one day when I went on a bit of a blocking spree so the day after I unblocked a load of people, and low and behold they've one by one worked themselves back on there. Shoulda known my instinct for douchey people never fails me.

I vote for stay blocked! x

over a year ago

Well I may have a blocked amnesty and see what happens lol

Post new Message to Thread