Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

stuff you thought they didn't make anymore

Jump to newest

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

anyway in town today shopping.. thought i'd go on a clothes spending spree to go celebrate "yesterday".....

so anyway popped into a shop afterwards.. and there staring at me was ....

Shandy Bass!!!!

3 cans for a quid... had to snap it up!!

so here i am now getting at tipsy as a 14 yr old use to get back in the day, with sherbert dib dabs, before thunderbirds and mad dog 20/20 (do they still make that either???)

so what have you seen that you thought had long long long gone...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

sherbet pips

over a year ago

Single guy without driving licence...

over a year ago

Barr's Red Kola, managed to get it in the good old glass bottle the other day along with the irn-bru, plus you get money for bringing back your empties.

By *taffs_hotwifeCouple
over a year ago

Lichfield

Windolene pink emulsion, couldn't get it anywhere for ages and then it pops up in our local home bargins.

Can't beat it for cleaning my bedroom mirrors

over a year ago

Spar shops..not exactly what you on about..but when i first moved up here, i saw suprised to see them, before that i hadn't seen one since i was a kid..

..sure i've seen a CO-OP too.

over a year ago

Got paul wellers new Album on 12"vinyl on monday gone , the bairn looked at me as if to say what the hell is that lol

over a year ago

"sherbet pips"

they sell them at a shop near me all hand made sweets..

cali

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

some of these saver shops sell or sorts of things you havent seen for years. I saw a guide dog box not so long ago, you know those statue dogs that used to stand outside nearly all the shops to collect for the blind. Didnt know they still existed

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"sherbet pips

they sell them at a shop near me all hand made sweets..

cali "

Chewing nuts - haven't had them since I was about 8 .....got them at an old fashioned sweet shop t'other day....and before anyone sez owt mucky, they're bits of toffee coated in chocolate and are yummy....and obviously, I love sucking and chewing on a nice set of nuts nowadays too

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

"some of these saver shops sell or sorts of things you havent seen for years. I saw a guide dog box not so long ago, you know those statue dogs that used to stand outside nearly all the shops to collect for the blind. Didnt know they still existed"

Haven't seen one for years either but reminds me of my mam's late friend who lost her sight over a number of years...When I was about 13 or 14 I was up town shopping with her and one of the shops had just put one of those boxes outside...I didn't notice cos I was a typical teen chuntering on and paying no attention and Stella walked into the box and almost went arse over tit. She asked me what the hell she'd fell over, I looked and said "Guide dog for the blind charity box" and proceeded to almost piss meself laughing at the thought of a person going blind tripping over a guide dog box - once Stella had given me a thick ear for laughing at the afflicted, she also fell about laughing and told the story of the charity box to all and sundry till her dying day....haven't thought about her for years, but this has just given me a real warm glow and bought a tear to my eye remembering a very special lady Thanks for the memory Diamond

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

"some of these saver shops sell or sorts of things you havent seen for years. I saw a guide dog box not so long ago, you know those statue dogs that used to stand outside nearly all the shops to collect for the blind. Didnt know they still existed

Haven't seen one for years either but reminds me of my mam's late friend who lost her sight over a number of years...When I was about 13 or 14 I was up town shopping with her and one of the shops had just put one of those boxes outside...I didn't notice cos I was a typical teen chuntering on and paying no attention and Stella walked into the box and almost went arse over tit. She asked me what the hell she'd fell over, I looked and said "Guide dog for the blind charity box" and proceeded to almost piss meself laughing at the thought of a person going blind tripping over a guide dog box - once Stella had given me a thick ear for laughing at the afflicted, she also fell about laughing and told the story of the charity box to all and sundry till her dying day....haven't thought about her for years, but this has just given me a real warm glow and bought a tear to my eye remembering a very special lady Thanks for the memory Diamond "

Does anyone remember one with a little girl in a blue dress with a caliper on, can't remember what charity it was for though

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

"some of these saver shops sell or sorts of things you havent seen for years. I saw a guide dog box not so long ago, you know those statue dogs that used to stand outside nearly all the shops to collect for the blind. Didnt know they still existed

Haven't seen one for years either but reminds me of my mam's late friend who lost her sight over a number of years...When I was about 13 or 14 I was up town shopping with her and one of the shops had just put one of those boxes outside...I didn't notice cos I was a typical teen chuntering on and paying no attention and Stella walked into the box and almost went arse over tit. She asked me what the hell she'd fell over, I looked and said "Guide dog for the blind charity box" and proceeded to almost piss meself laughing at the thought of a person going blind tripping over a guide dog box - once Stella had given me a thick ear for laughing at the afflicted, she also fell about laughing and told the story of the charity box to all and sundry till her dying day....haven't thought about her for years, but this has just given me a real warm glow and bought a tear to my eye remembering a very special lady Thanks for the memory Diamond "

awww bless her, she sounds great

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Haven't seen one for years either but reminds me of my mam's late friend who lost her sight over a number of years...When I was about 13 or 14 I was up town shopping with her and one of the shops had just put one of those boxes outside...I didn't notice cos I was a typical teen chuntering on and paying no attention and Stella walked into the box and almost went arse over tit. She asked me what the hell she'd fell over, I looked and said "Guide dog for the blind charity box" and proceeded to almost piss meself laughing at the thought of a person going blind tripping over a guide dog box - once Stella had given me a thick ear for laughing at the afflicted, she also fell about laughing and told the story of the charity box to all and sundry till her dying day....haven't thought about her for years, but this has just given me a real warm glow and bought a tear to my eye remembering a very special lady Thanks for the memory Diamond

awww bless her, she sounds great"

could write a book about her lol...before she went blind, she'd play scrabble with us and put something like xvbraca down and when we queried it she'd say her husband was stationed there in the war....when she got tired of playing (or if one of us kids was winning) she'd say "I know how to finish this damn game" and toss the board into the air....good times

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Does anyone remember one with a little girl in a blue dress with a caliper on, can't remember what charity it was for though"

I do remember that. Was it some sort of polio charity???? Or possibly Spastics Society????

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Windolene pink emulsion, couldn't get it anywhere for ages and then it pops up in our local home bargins.

Can't beat it for cleaning my bedroom mirrors "

OMG! I need it........ I want it. I miss it.

over a year ago

Backbones!

Where are they these days?

You can't feck all without some spineless fucktard trying to sue you

over a year ago

Writing paper, didn't think many people wrote letters any more. Sad really.

over a year ago

Common sense ... eh? eh? amirite??

Post new Message to Thread