Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Fab swingers form of ego boost?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just had the thought;

Do you think some people just use fab as a form to boost their ego?

You see it on dating apps all the time, people just going on there for attention and not actually looking to date.

A few certainly love their ego boosted - can’t blame then. It’s nice to hear compliments & people obsessing over you at times!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *manaWoman
over a year ago

Basingstoke

It's nice to be told nice things but not obsessing over no..

Its actually been quite bad in 1 instance that Ive had to take precautions, social media, etc. That's not fun xx

By *xperimentalistMan
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

I gladly accept any and all compliments, it does boost my ego and there is nowt wrong with that

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

No idea.

Personally Fab isn't a great place for building confidence. It's extremely fickle and can switch from adoration to abuse in a split second.

over a year ago

"No idea.

Personally Fab isn't a great place for building confidence. It's extremely fickle and can switch from adoration to abuse in a split second. "

I agree - there’s females I connected with when I first joined 4 years ago that will never come back because of the sheer abuse they get here. So understandable!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Hell yeah!

I am ugly as sin

Fab's taught me that doesnt matter

Alot of men aint that picky

Boosted my ego big time

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"No idea.

Personally Fab isn't a great place for building confidence. It's extremely fickle and can switch from adoration to abuse in a split second.

I agree - there’s females I connected with when I first joined 4 years ago that will never come back because of the sheer abuse they get here. So understandable! "

In conjunction with other things, and being lucky enough to connect with some great people here, it's helped me. But it's in realising that I do not give a fuck what most people think about me.

over a year ago

"It's nice to be told nice things but not obsessing over no..

Its actually been quite bad in 1 instance that Ive had to take precautions, social media, etc. That's not fun xx"

Agreed - was reading yesterday how a guy was looking to meet an individual then he turned psycho and was looking to share images of her.

Just make sure do your due diligence and everything should be cool! Met some great people on this site over the years

over a year ago

Fuckin' loves it I do

By *rimson_RoseWoman
over a year ago

Tamworth

I believe very little of what’s said - certainly not by people I’ve never met. You’re the most beautiful woman on here, you’re classier than most of the otters on here, you have a gorgeous body... then straight onto the next with the same lines. So while genuine compliments are welcome, the hyperbole does nothing to boost my ego.

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

"Just had the thought;

You see it on dating apps all the time, people just going on there for attention and not actually looking to date.

A few certainly love their ego boosted - can’t blame then. It’s nice to hear compliments & people obsessing over you at times! "

Personally, it's had the opposite effect on me.

I know nothing most folk say on here is sincere.

The messages I get, false flattery. People telling me what they think I want to hear, thinking they can charm me.

over a year ago

"Just had the thought;

A few certainly love their ego boosted - can’t blame then. It’s nice to hear compliments & people obsessing over you at times! "

yes..the amount of fk on their profiles saying fab my/our pics is embarrassing! Your an adult get a grip and stop begging for an ego stroke

over a year ago

"Hell yeah!

I am ugly as sin

Boosted my ego big time"

I just think it’s what women allow themselves to believe?... if I asked every woman on here to explain what kind of woman I go for they’d probably be wrong? - but they already do it in their head. Think this guy isn’t into me.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I think for a lot of men it can be an ego destroyer

My personal opinion is that if your ego isn't strong in the first place this isn't the place to look to reinforce it.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"

My personal opinion is that if your ego isn't strong in the first place this isn't the place to look to reinforce it."

I think that goes for everyone tbh.

over a year ago

"Hell yeah!

I am ugly as sin

Boosted my ego big time

I just think it’s what women allow themselves to believe?... if I asked every woman on here to explain what kind of woman I go for they’d probably be wrong? - but they already do it in their head. Think this guy isn’t into me."

What is it women allow themselves to believe?

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

[Removed by poster at 17/09/19 12:18:55]

over a year ago

"

My personal opinion is that if your ego isn't strong in the first place this isn't the place to look to reinforce it."

Ohh 100%. I thought I’d do okay on the site. I came back & it was brutal! I even have more success on tinder & such.

Thankfully i couldn’t give a fuck what anyone but my momma says! Cause she says I’m beautiful hahahah

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Hell yeah!

I am ugly as sin

Boosted my ego big time

I just think it’s what women allow themselves to believe?... if I asked every woman on here to explain what kind of woman I go for they’d probably be wrong? - but they already do it in their head. Think this guy isn’t into me."

How can any of us know the kind of woman you go for? I know a lot of women (and men) think they know but it's not possible

over a year ago

"Hell yeah!

I am ugly as sin

Boosted my ego big time

I just think it’s what women allow themselves to believe?... if I asked every woman on here to explain what kind of woman I go for they’d probably be wrong? - but they already do it in their head. Think this guy isn’t into me.

What is it women allow themselves to believe?"

When approached by a guy they’ll automatically rule it out in their head because they don’t think they’re the guys ‘type’.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"

My personal opinion is that if your ego isn't strong in the first place this isn't the place to look to reinforce it.

Ohh 100%. I thought I’d do okay on the site. I came back & it was brutal! I even have more success on tinder & such.

Thankfully i couldn’t give a fuck what anyone but my momma says! Cause she says I’m beautiful hahahah"

Yeah, I'm pretty much like that so is my partner. You either like me or you don't there's nothing I can do to change it.

By *ilkenWoman
over a year ago

Manchester

"Just had the thought;

Some do I would think though more the superficial people, what harm do they do? Well not a lot really just leave them in their own little world.

By *uzzy NavelWoman
over a year ago

so near and yet so far....

It’s a hilarious place as my previous profile stated I was fat, ugly and crap in bed and I’ve never had so many messages...

over a year ago

"It’s a hilarious place as my previous profile stated I was fat, ugly and crap in bed and I’ve never had so many messages... "

Always undersell! Get there & be pleased with their discoveries.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"It’s a hilarious place as my previous profile stated I was fat, ugly and crap in bed and I’ve never had so many messages... "

I had no pictures, at all, for about two months. My pictures were so, so gorgeous. I was so beautiful.

over a year ago

"Just had the thought;

A few certainly love their ego boosted - can’t blame then. It’s nice to hear compliments & people obsessing over you at times!

Some do I would think though more the superficial people, what harm do they do? Well not a lot really just leave them in their own little world."

0 harm to me or anyone else. It wasn’t a statement - it was a simple question.

Some people do go on though - block list is forever growing.

over a year ago

I used to when i first joined but not now having a goddess love me is better

over a year ago

We men on FAB's massively outnumber the females on here, so if we are fortunate to meet up, its nice if women acknowledges - in the same way, if a women allows us into here life/bed etc, then it is only right e compliment her

Is that ego massaging ????? probably

JP xx

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

"No idea.

Personally Fab isn't a great place for building confidence. It's extremely fickle and can switch from adoration to abuse in a split second. "

This ^

Personally I take everything said with a pinch of salt, especially from those I’ve never met. Those I’ve met you have a better judge of character and whether being true full

over a year ago

Fab can be very fickle, build you up one moment and pulls you down the next. Lots of fake compliments x

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Fab can be very fickle, build you up one moment and pulls you down the next. Lots of fake compliments x "

I don't believe a damn thing I'm told on here

over a year ago

"Fab can be very fickle, build you up one moment and pulls you down the next. Lots of fake compliments x "
tell me about it angie nomatter how many times i say it im hounded

By *affron40Woman
over a year ago

manchester

I’m sure some do yes. But when you’re inundated with ‘complements’ without showing or saying anything you don’t really see much on here as real.

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

Obsession, that's a strong word that I don't find attractive in the least.

As for compliments it depends who's saying them...most are taken with a pinch of salt

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

"

As for compliments it depends who's saying them...most are taken with a pinch of salt"

This

By *atisfying jackMan
over a year ago

Hereford

I would take everything with a pinch of salt, Its nice to be complimented but like most have commented above its usually only a means to an end.

Although I do firmly believe I have nice shoes....so to all the fans of them! Thank you!

over a year ago

Absolutely. I get a ego boost when I get fabs I only fuck the one man and I'm here for the forum's but I occasionally share pics for the boost

over a year ago

"I gladly accept any and all compliments, it does boost my ego and there is nowt wrong with that "

This exactly. ( except we know I’m not allowed to say “nowt”).

It does boost mine, but we also look to meet. - Mrs

over a year ago

"No idea.

I agree with this too. I do gain more than I lose most of the time thankfully. But the abuse is not fun.

By *litterbabeWoman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"I believe very little of what’s said - certainly not by people I’ve never met. You’re the most beautiful woman on here, you’re classier than most of the otters on here, you have a gorgeous body... then straight onto the next with the same lines. So while genuine compliments are welcome, the hyperbole does nothing to boost my ego. "

This 100%

over a year ago

"Obsession, that's a strong word that I don't find attractive in the least.

As for compliments it depends who's saying them...most are taken with a pinch of salt"

Obsession - had to be used. Only way to describe some of the people on here. They become fixated on you & will start making fake profile & such to message you - it’s a strange one to say at the very least!

But you’re a very attractive woman - people will compliment of course. Why take most with a pinch of salt? Is it you don’t believe what they’re saying or what?

over a year ago

"I believe very little of what’s said - certainly not by people I’ve never met. You’re the most beautiful woman on here, you’re classier than most of the otters on here, you have a gorgeous body... then straight onto the next with the same lines. So while genuine compliments are welcome, the hyperbole does nothing to boost my ego.

This 100%"

Of course - surprised my copy & paste message hasn’t hit your messages yet

Hahaha - loses the draw to fab for me personally if you’re looking to sleep with everyone. All about being selective

over a year ago

I guess some do. This hasn't boosted me though, quite the opposite.

over a year ago

"I guess some do. This hasn't boosted me though, quite the opposite. "

Single male - don’t worry mate. I’ve had A LOT of rejection messages! A LOT! But it’s okay - not everyone is for everyone.

By *wist my nipplesCouple
over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

"Just had the thought;

It certainly can give you a boost, but the opposite is also true! It's easy to see through the fake flattery to the genuine people though, so as long as you don't take everything at face value, I think it balances out.

Mrs TMN x

By *aven RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"No idea.

over a year ago

We have found that swinging has massively challenged both our body confidence issues to the point that we came off the site a couple of times...sorted now and enjoying it all..

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

"Obsession, that's a strong word that I don't find attractive in the least.

As for compliments it depends who's saying them...most are taken with a pinch of salt

Obsession - had to be used. Only way to describe some of the people on here. They become fixated on you & will start making fake profile & such to message you - it’s a strange one to say at the very least!

But you’re a very attractive woman - people will compliment of course. Why take most with a pinch of salt? Is it you don’t believe what they’re saying or what? "

because it's just to get into my pants which is cool that's why I'm here.

If someone tells me I'm the best thing since sliced bread and we've never had a conversation it means nothing. So compliments in context I will graciously accept and others disregard.

By *pider-WomanWoman
over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

"I would take everything with a pinch of salt, Its nice to be complimented but like most have commented above its usually only a means to an end.

Although I do firmly believe I have nice shoes....so to all the fans of them! Thank you!

"

You're welcome. Amen

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

"We have found that swinging has massively challenged both our body confidence issues to the point that we came off the site a couple of times...sorted now and enjoying it all.."

Looking at your profile and great pics I would never have thought that.

You both look great x

over a year ago

"We have found that swinging has massively challenged both our body confidence issues to the point that we came off the site a couple of times...sorted now and enjoying it all..

You both look great x"

Agreed - looks like an excellent selection of images. Ones with a real effort shooting them!

One thing I appreciate is when someone puts effort into their images

over a year ago

"I’m sure some do yes. But when you’re inundated with ‘complements’ without showing or saying anything you don’t really see much on here as real. "

I agree. But if they have a few pics they won't see the other side, and so will believe the 'compliments'.

The other side being where even with no pics and a shit profile, I can still get many 'complimentary' messages from men. All I have to do is put Men on my looking for list and I'm incredibly shaggable.

over a year ago

Yes definitely it is.

Fab entitles a form of ego boost somehow.

As soon as you are trying to sell yourself through a profile you made, I'd say that you are using fab as an ego boost.

Now it will either boost your ego or destroy it.

over a year ago

"I would take everything with a pinch of salt, Its nice to be complimented but like most have commented above its usually only a means to an end.

"

Oi you pinching my salt

over a year ago

In general it gives me a boost which is nice, but my reality on here has been that I trust too easily and end up feeling shitty. Hopefully next time I'll find someone genuine but I'm going by the rule now that if it seems too good to be true, it probably is!

By *affron40Woman
over a year ago

manchester

"I’m sure some do yes. But when you’re inundated with ‘complements’ without showing or saying anything you don’t really see much on here as real.

I agree. But if they have a few pics they won't see the other side, and so will believe the 'compliments'.

The other side being where even with no pics and a shit profile, I can still get many 'complimentary' messages from men. All I have to do is put Men on my looking for list and I'm incredibly shaggable. "

Exactly.. some of the messages when they can’t see anything are hilarious! Destroys faith rather than gives any thrill..

over a year ago

I'll take any compliments and criticism on here.

I'm also not that fussed if I get meets or not.

By *tew008Man
over a year ago

edinburgh

Some people can get an ego boost from wherever they see fit. So sure there will be folk but fab is definitely not ego boosting as a rule of thumb.

over a year ago

"We have found that swinging has massively challenged both our body confidence issues to the point that we came off the site a couple of times...sorted now and enjoying it all..

You both look great x"

Why thank you kind lady i think most people have a wobble for one reason or another..

over a year ago

You both look great x

Agreed - looks like an excellent selection of images. Ones with a real effort shooting them!

One thing I appreciate is when someone puts effort into their images"

Thank you for your kind comments they were taken in August this year whilst on holiday..

over a year ago

I never belive anything im told on fab

over a year ago

"I never belive anything im told on fab "

But bby - me luv u looooong time

By *itty9899Man
over a year ago

Craggy Island

We all need a bit of a boost once and while.

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

"I believe very little of what’s said - certainly not by people I’ve never met. You’re the most beautiful woman on here, you’re classier than most of the otters on here, you have a gorgeous body... then straight onto the next with the same lines. So while genuine compliments are welcome, the hyperbole does nothing to boost my ego. "

over a year ago

I do think some use this as a ego boost as they don't get the attention in there lives off here that they do on here.The thing they don't realise is that most of the attention they do get here is just lies to suck them in

over a year ago

I'm sure some people use it for that, and there's not really anything wrong with that. However, as others have stated it can, erm, swing both ways. A compliment can give you a lift, but it's always important to keep it in perspective I think.

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I get the impression that some see it as a vehicle to portray a totally false, virtual character to that of the real life personality. Quite often they fail miserably because ignorance and arrogance don’t wash well here in fab land.....

over a year ago

God yes! Loads do

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

God no. I use to let the ladies look at my cock. The judge said I can’t just flash it on the bus anymore.

over a year ago

I no longer message and give compliments as no one believes you anyway.

over a year ago

Some probably do, i always get an ego boost from compliments ,not that i get many

Post new Message to Thread