Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Talent shows on TV

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just a thought out of curiostity. If a singer comes onto one of these talent shows like say X factor or the voice which is on BBC 1 I think tonight. If that said singer is already a professional sounding singer with the right people around her like management and studio with record industry contacts etc etc. How then is he or she an unkown and un discovered artist that is appearing on TV for public votes. Surley something cant be quite right there as in the powers that be are perhaps maybe just being a little naughty by putting professional artists in for unknows talent contests who may not be doing so well and not quite at the lime light in public domain. Or pehaps it could just be that the whole fuckin things are rigged from start to finish as I have always thought from day one about these shit shows. That the TV producers hand pick a bunch of professional artists whos record companies and management are in there good favour. Yet they then hand pick a bunch of idiots as well to put along side them so they can snigger at and eddit to make them look like complete baffoons in what can only be described as in my humble opinion a public form of badger baiting???. Is it not about time the general public woke up to the fact that this is all just a complete con and a load of bollox in the first place then ??

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I don't think you can enter these competitions if you are currently signed to a label..

over a year ago

"I don't think you can enter these competitions if you are currently signed to a label.. "

lol well I beg to differ hun x

over a year ago

Think it's all manufactured crap anyway.

over a year ago

"I don't think you can enter these competitions if you are currently signed to a label..

lol well I beg to differ hun x"

have you auditioned and signed any contract before auditioning???

over a year ago

why does it matter? a lot of people watch it, the ones who are on the show know what they've signed up for.

On the Irish version of the Voice there are a few contestants who used to have record deals. I don't see anything wrong if they try again? What's wrong with second chance?

over a year ago

"Think it's all manufactured crap anyway. "

Amen to that there is no integrity in modern day pop music anyhow or bubble gum pop as its also known as

over a year ago

I think the public exposure a tv reality show brings is a massive part of forming some kind of fan base. Even if people are signed to small record labels its only going to enhance your chances of chart success if the public know who you are and buy your records

over a year ago

The lad who won the Joseph was already in the show, understudying the principal role.... He should have been disqualified...

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

People will find fame in different kinds of ways. Look at one direction, they have stormed america, maybe just 5 "average" boys to some (then so where the beatles when they started out) but they have a mass following.

Then you get people like will young, whose been going around ten years now who is talented and branched out into acting.

Then you got jedward, need i say anymore.

You may think they are crap, i might think they are crap but if everyone thought they where all crap they wouldnt be anywhere.

There have been people on these talent shows that ive thought where brilliant came about 5th place ect but never got any further.

So whose fault is it people find fame from such programmes. Not the programmes themselves but the public who buy into it

over a year ago

"The lad who won the Joseph was already in the show, understudying the principal role.... He should have been disqualified..."

why? again, what's wrong with a second chance? lots of artists have lost previous contracts and have come back again. No one complained saying, oh no there were successful before, they're not entitled to sell records again!

over a year ago

refuse to watch them i think most are all set up

over a year ago

"refuse to watch them i think most are all set up"

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

I dont know why people complain about something they dont watch. I dont watch eastenders but i dont go moaning about awards they win and saying they are crap actors

over a year ago

I dont no why some people feel the need to coment on some of my threads at times lol

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"I dont no why some people feel the need to coment on some of my threads at times lol"

Could be something to do with the fact that they are open forum threads

over a year ago

Have to say, I am an unapologetic music snob, however, these shows aren't produced for the likes of me, or indeed the OP. We are somewhere between 20-30 years too old.

Do I think they have any merit....no

Do I watch them....no

I'll read a book and listen to some Bob Marley, Betty Wright or whoever takes my fancy safe in the knowledge, that in my little world, my tastes are infinitely better than the UK public.

over a year ago

" my tastes are infinitely better than the UK public.

"

... call yoursels snobmale instead of submale lol

over a year ago

Must be said though i am really looking forward to BBC1's The Voice which starts tonight as it is all about the person's vocal ability, no sob story, no image to influence.

plus Danny from the script mmmmmmmm

over a year ago

"I dont no why some people feel the need to coment on some of my threads at times lol

Could be something to do with the fact that they are open forum threads"

Aww right cool no worries. Well I just thought it strange for some one who appears to have me on block for some unknown reason as I dont no them and have never met or mailed them in the past should want to coment on my threads thats all. True tho this is a public forum and every one is entitled to coment on threads

over a year ago

"Must be said though i am really looking forward to BBC1's The Voice which starts tonight as it is all about the person's vocal ability, no sob story, no image to influence.

plus Danny from the script mmmmmmmm"

Looking forward to it too. But from watching the Irish The Voice the sob stories will come later... yes, they pick them based on their voice only. But afterwards I'm sure they take more than that into consideration. It's just human. I enjoy it though! And yes, Danny is hot, he's a Dub after all

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 24/03/12 16:59:59]

over a year ago

Dunno the rules, don't watch'em

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

"Have to say, I am an unapologetic music snob, however, these shows aren't produced for the likes of me, or indeed the OP. We are somewhere between 20-30 years too old.

Do I watch them....no

I'll read a book and listen to some Bob Marley, Betty Wright or whoever takes my fancy safe in the knowledge, that in my little world, my tastes are infinitely better than the UK public.

"

because you know the tastes of the whole UK public???

By *punkloverCouple
over a year ago

hatfield

Just to say that Nick is a professional singer/guitarist who has been a session musician at EMI and BMG which is Simon Cowells' label, the things i now know would amaze you at how these "talent shows" are actually constructed and "decided" , but it is a television program and light entertainment.

over a year ago

"Have to say, I am an unapologetic music snob, however, these shows aren't produced for the likes of me, or indeed the OP. We are somewhere between 20-30 years too old.

Do I watch them....no

because you know the tastes of the whole UK public??? "

He knows your tastes Dorris now put ya teeth back in there putting me off my dinner in that glass by side of the bed haha mwah xx

over a year ago

" in my little world, my tastes are infinitely better than the UK public.

"

Hate to break it to ya matey... but you ARE the UK public

over a year ago

"I dont no why some people feel the need to coment on some of my threads at times lol"

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 24/03/12 17:13:03]

over a year ago

Hate to break it to ya matey... but you ARE the UK public "

I'm in denial, the "other" UK public gave us Jedwood.....

over a year ago

I'm in denial, the "other" UK public gave us Jedwood....."

lol!

over a year ago

I'm in denial, the "other" UK public gave us Jedwood....."

I'm sorry to tell you, it was the Irish voters. They wanted to punish the UK. It's mental warfare

over a year ago

I'm in denial, the "other" UK public gave us Jedwood.....

I'm sorry to tell you, it was the Irish voters. They wanted to punish the UK. It's mental warfare "

Mental blimmin torture more like. lol Ive seen and met Jedwood in person and not as a screaming fan haha

over a year ago

I work closely to where Jedward is from. One evening for some reason the whole bus was full of teenagers from their town. They all talked exactly like them. Thank feck I had my iPod with me to listen to Mary Byrne

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

That's the beauty of the Freeview/SKY/Virgin age.....so many channels to choose from, saves anyone watching anything they don't want to.

over a year ago

That's true, we only got 2 channels though. The one with Britain's got talent and the Dulux channel. Hmmmmm, think tonight i'll watch magnolia vinyl silk drying lol.

over a year ago

We don't tend to watch these kind of programmes, in fact we find them boring.

over a year ago

The Voice UK is starting!!! Woohooo! lol

over a year ago

"Think it's all manufactured crap anyway. "

+1

By *waymanMan
over a year ago

newcastle

"Just a thought out of curiostity. If a singer comes onto one of these talent shows like say X factor or the voice which is on BBC 1 I think tonight. If that said singer is already a professional sounding singer with the right people around her like management and studio with record industry contacts etc etc. How then is he or she an unkown and un discovered artist that is appearing on TV for public votes. Surley something cant be quite right there as in the powers that be are perhaps maybe just being a little naughty by putting professional artists in for unknows talent contests who may not be doing so well and not quite at the lime light in public domain. Or pehaps it could just be that the whole fuckin things are rigged from start to finish as I have always thought from day one about these shit shows. That the TV producers hand pick a bunch of professional artists whos record companies and management are in there good favour. Yet they then hand pick a bunch of idiots as well to put along side them so they can snigger at and eddit to make them look like complete baffoons in what can only be described as in my humble opinion a public form of badger baiting???. Is it not about time the general public woke up to the fact that this is all just a complete con and a load of bollox in the first place then ??"

I think we should have a punctuation contest.

By *waymanMan
over a year ago

newcastle

"Think it's all manufactured crap anyway.

Amen to that there is no integrity in modern day pop music anyhow or bubble gum pop as its also known as"

Do you want a list of all the bands who didn't play on their own records? The Monkees? The Byrds? The Doors?

The acts who ripped off other people? Led Zeppelin? George Harrison? The Rolling Stones?

it's all about product, nothing more...

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"I dont no why some people feel the need to coment on some of my threads at times lol

Could be something to do with the fact that they are open forum threads

Aww right cool no worries. Well I just thought it strange for some one who appears to have me on block for some unknown reason as I dont no them and have never met or mailed them in the past should want to coment on my threads thats all. True tho this is a public forum and every one is entitled to coment on threads"

You need to accept that people can block who they want without needing to justify it or get called out on a forum about it.

People who start threads don't get to say who can answer them...it is a public forum, anyone can answer within rules.

Answering someone on a forum is allowed, even if the person has blocked you or vice versa.

over a year ago

David Walliams was a revelation tonight on BGT, and even though you can spot SiCo's tentacles all over the show, Siren and I were howling at the hilarity of some of the acts and that makes for good entertainment. Long may it continue.

BGT

By *histler21Man
over a year ago

Ipswich

Talent shows? Yawn!

over a year ago

"Do I think they have any merit....no

Do I watch them....no"

How do you know what merits they have if you don't watch them?

And how do you know what the musical tastes of the other 64,999,999 people are in this country?

Yes, you are a snob, but a pretentious one that has no basis in music.

over a year ago

I watched The Voice simply cause Will.i.am and Holly Willowboobby are on the show, love them both!

By *oddyWoman
over a year ago

between havant and chichester

i thought only boys aloud were amazing on bgt

hope they go as far as there mentors

over a year ago

"i thought only boys aloud were amazing on bgt

hope they go as far as there mentors"

I was totally blow away with only boys aloud and also the duo at the end of the show..

over a year ago

We will watch the early stages of the XFactor for the dire acts but after that it gets boring.

By *waymanMan
over a year ago

newcastle

"That's the beauty of the Freeview/SKY/Virgin age.....so many channels to choose from, saves anyone watching anything they don't want to."

Only trouble is, to quote a proper singer, there's 57 channels and nothing on...

By *waymanMan
over a year ago

newcastle

"i thought only boys aloud were amazing on bgt

hope they go as far as there mentors

I was totally blow away with only boys aloud and also the duo at the end of the show.. "

Only Boys Aloud? Is this talent shows eating themselves? OBA are a spin off from OMA, who won a BBC talent show...

What next? Susan Boyle's love child with Gareth Gates turning up on BGT as a juggling dwarf?

Post new Message to Thread