Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Lust or love?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I always thought I knew the answer as to whether I was feeling love or strong lust but this has recently been tested.... so do you know for sure how you feel towards that special person? Is there a fine line between love and lust? What are the differences?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

Lust - you get dickmatised. It’s all about the sex.

Love is more complicated. I can’t put that into words.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I’m sure that it always starts with lust and develops into love with the lucky few??

over a year ago

With Mrs GT, it's still both, even after nearly 30 years together

By * Lexi xWoman
over a year ago

stockport

I think love gets mistaken for lust a lot of the time.

By *ubblegumandLimeCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

Lust is purely physical and sexual! If you didn't see that person for a week or so, you'd move on. Love is all encompassing and no chance of moving on that fast. This is from my experience anyway. Hope that helps. Mrs x

By *ubblegumandLimeCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

"I think love gets mistaken for lust a lot of the time. "

Definitely but I think a little step back and perspective gets your head straight. Mrs x

By *affron40Woman
over a year ago

manchester

Yes totally.. you don’t need to necessarily like or respect a person with lust.. love can be lustful but includes a mutual respect for each other. There’s a huge difference if you’ve truly had both.

By * Lexi xWoman
over a year ago

stockport

Actually the other way round!!!

over a year ago

"Lust is purely physical and sexual! If you didn't see that person for a week or so, you'd move on. Love is all encompassing and no chance of moving on that fast. This is from my experience anyway. Hope that helps. Mrs x"

It does and also proves it was love lol

By * Lexi xWoman
over a year ago

stockport

"Yes totally.. you don’t need to necessarily like or respect a person with lust.. love can be lustful but includes a mutual respect for each other. There’s a huge difference if you’ve truly had both. "

I love you!!!

over a year ago

"I think love gets mistaken for lust a lot of the time.

Actually the other way round!!! "

Have you ever gone from lust to love with anyone off fab? Sorry if that's too personal lol I'm a nosey bitch

By *affron40Woman
over a year ago

manchester

"Yes totally.. you don’t need to necessarily like or respect a person with lust.. love can be lustful but includes a mutual respect for each other. There’s a huge difference if you’ve truly had both.

I love you!!! "

(no lust involved)

over a year ago

For both love and lust I crave the person and that's where I come undone and it crosses over.

over a year ago

"For both love and lust I crave the person and that's where I come undone and it crosses over. "

Does it matter though. I’ve probably felt some sort of love for all the people I’ve met, there’s not been many as I don’t do random meets so I suppose that’s different in a way. I couldn’t have sex with someone I don’t have some sort of feelings for. Everyone’s different though. I think it’s how you deal with it/handle it that’s more important x

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"For both love and lust I crave the person and that's where I come undone and it crosses over.

Does it matter though. I’ve probably felt some sort of love for all the people I’ve met, there’s not been many as I don’t do random meets so I suppose that’s different in a way. I couldn’t have sex with someone I don’t have some sort of feelings for. Everyone’s different though. I think it’s how you deal with it/handle it that’s more important x"

(Well maybe not all of them )

I love a couple of my good friends who I see on a semi frequent basis. I couldn't keep seeing them and not in some capacity. I feel love for a few of my closest friends as well.

I think managing your emotions is important and as long as you're both on the same page, it's absolutely fine. You don't have to come undone because you lust or love someone.

over a year ago

"For both love and lust I crave the person and that's where I come undone and it crosses over

Does it matter though. I’ve probably felt some sort of love for all the people I’ve met, there’s not been many as I don’t do random meets so I suppose that’s different in a way. I couldn’t have sex with someone I don’t have some sort of feelings for. Everyone’s different though. I think it’s how you deal with it/handle it that’s more important x"

I agree. Like you I need a connection and with that comes some level of feelings. I also have to let it out which in the past, has meant telling them and that's where the problems start. Lol

over a year ago

Strings...I need to find at least some strings of affection and connectiin to get to lust, and then those strings are just there and that becomes a basis for love

over a year ago

Lust i wanna bang you

Love i wanna spend as much time as i can with you and we cam bang like bunnys too

By *wingfellowMan
over a year ago

my own little sanctuary

When you are able to tell them things you can’t tell yourself

over a year ago

"For both love and lust I crave the person and that's where I come undone and it crosses over.

Does it matter though. I’ve probably felt some sort of love for all the people I’ve met, there’s not been many as I don’t do random meets so I suppose that’s different in a way. I couldn’t have sex with someone I don’t have some sort of feelings for. Everyone’s different though. I think it’s how you deal with it/handle it that’s more important x

(Well maybe not all of them )

I love a couple of my good friends who I see on a semi frequent basis. I couldn't keep seeing them and not in some capacity. I feel love for a few of my closest friends as well.

I think managing your emotions is important and as long as you're both on the same page, it's absolutely fine. You don't have to come undone because you lust or love someone. "

I do need to learn to control my emotions. I blame stinking lady hormones haha

over a year ago

I think the two get confused often but for me, lust means I can walk away without being hurt. Love has often meant I can't.

I much prefer to stick to lust

over a year ago

over a year ago

I wish I knew

By *eakcoupleCouple
over a year ago

peak district

It's great when lust turns into love, when you both realise there's more there than good fucking.

over a year ago

Lust is a wanting feeling, love is a need.

By *manaWoman
over a year ago

Basingstoke

"Yes totally.. you don’t need to necessarily like or respect a person with lust.. love can be lustful but includes a mutual respect for each other. There’s a huge difference if you’ve truly had both. "

Definitely this

Respect is the difference.

over a year ago

Love is a whole different ball game! It’s a rich mans thing, once you have that you never want to go back to lust. Why have a cheeseburger when you have steak at home.

over a year ago

"Lust i wanna bang you

Love i wanna spend as much time as i can with you and we cam bang like bunnys too "

Pretty much!

over a year ago

"Yes totally.. you don’t need to necessarily like or respect a person with lust.. love can be lustful but includes a mutual respect for each other. There’s a huge difference if you’ve truly had both.

Definitely this

Respect is the difference. "

I agree x

over a year ago

"Love is a whole different ball game! It’s a rich mans thing, once you have that you never want to go back to lust. Why have a cheeseburger when you have steak at home. "

over a year ago

Lust is when I cant stop thinking about them. I don't usually get it with most people I meet, but it's been known.

Love..? That comes later, much deeper feelings. When you've seen someone grow, at their worst, best and most vulnerable.

I've not felt anything like that for a while and am wondering if I may have grown out of it? May be Poly in terms that I just love everyone I know and like for who and what they are. Some way more than others.

I know what family love is.

over a year ago

Lust is obsessing about what you want.

Love is obsessing about what they want.

over a year ago

"Lust is when I cant stop thinking about them. I don't usually get it with most people I meet, but it's been known. "

This is exactly what I start with. That feeling of wanting to see them all the time, cant wait to get my hands on them but then all of sudden it changes into what I believe is love, they run a mile and I'm left hurting. I need to keep that lust feeling but lose the hurty love one

over a year ago

"Lust is obsessing about what you want.

Love is obsessing about what they want."

Nicely put!

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

Not so clear cut for me between the two.

Attraction - comes first and must be there for anything to happen. It’s not looks, but a connection of minds and laughter and from that breeds attraction

Lust - once that attraction is there, the tension builds and upon meeting it gets explored freely. This continues after the meet and the desire to be with them again and get lost in each other.

Carve - a strange word I know but you’ve carved a place in your world for someone you care about, a genuine bond and with that comes a friendship love, but your both free until you both choose not to be.

Love - for me it is clearly someone you are willing to do anything for including the ultimate, die for them.

It may sound a bit clinical but it’s how I keep my emotions in check

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 15/09/19 18:31:31]

over a year ago

"Not so clear cut for me between the two.

Attraction - comes first and must be there for anything to happen. It’s not looks, but a connection of minds and laughter and from that breeds attraction

Lust - once that attraction is there, the tension builds and upon meeting it gets explored freely. This continues after the meet and the desire to be with them again and get lost in each other.

Carve - a strange word I know but you’ve carved a place in your world for someone you care about, a genuine bond and with that comes a friendship love, but your both free until you both choose not to be.

Love - for me it is clearly someone you are willing to do anything for including the ultimate, die for them.

It may sound a bit clinical but it’s how I keep my emotions in check"

Only people I’d give my life for are my children. Nobody else.

By *aughtyandhandsomeMan
over a year ago

button moon

Only people I’d give my life for are my children. Nobody else. "

Same

over a year ago

"I always thought I knew the answer as to whether I was feeling love or strong lust but this has recently been tested.... so do you know for sure how you feel towards that special person? Is there a fine line between love and lust? What are the differences?

"

Lust you're in it for yourself

Love you're in it for the other person, and its not that you want them in your life, its you need them in your life.

By *aughtyandhandsomeMan
over a year ago

button moon

"Lust i wanna bang you

Love i wanna spend as much time as i can with you and we cam bang like bunnys too "

Yep. Pretty accurate!

over a year ago

I think lust filled infatuation masquerades as falling in love. Depends on how you frame it.

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

A very good way of looking at it - I like that a lot

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

Only people I’d give my life for are my children. Nobody else. "

Same

over a year ago

"I always thought I knew the answer as to whether I was feeling love or strong lust but this has recently been tested.... so do you know for sure how you feel towards that special person? Is there a fine line between love and lust? What are the differences?

"

Maybe lust is the desire to have sex with someone whilst love is the desire to just be with someone?

over a year ago

In its simplest form I suppose lust is physical, love is emotional..

By *wist my nipplesCouple
over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

"

I think people sometimes overlook just how powerful an emotion lust can be - it can be all encompassing for me, that desire the see the person and be naked with them. But just as quickly it can vanish... With love, it sticks around - lust can fluctuate when you love someone, but you still care about them enough to see things through the tough times and let the lust return later. That's my experience in any case

Mrs TMN x

over a year ago

This is a very good explanation and its very similar to how I feel but the lines are very much blurred. I've got quite an addictive personality so I dont let go easily.

By *anky_PankyWoman
over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

"When you are able to tell them things you can’t tell yourself "

You said this to me earlier

By *lderamDarkMan
over a year ago

Bromsgrove

For me I think love is a deep feeling of affection that you have for another person.

It's a lasting attraction that goes beyond the surface and turns into emotional attachment.

Lust is basically a physical attraction that leads to an overwhelming feeling of sexual desire

Post new Message to Thread