Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Should celebrities have privacy?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Michael Schumacher in the news again, having new treatment. His family have kept his life out of the news since his accident, but on some news sites people are complaining about not hearing how he's doing.

Other celebrities request no photos of their children or private lives.

Boris has an argument one night and the next day it's all over the papers.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes I think they should have privacy when it comes to their health, children etc.

I can't say I'm that fascinated by someone (especially someone I've never met), that I want to know everything about them.

Surely everyone deserves privacy and as we know the media aren't exactly trueful.

over a year ago

"Michael Schumacher in the news again, having new treatment. His family have kept his life out of the news since his accident, but on some news sites people are complaining about not hearing how he's doing.

Should celebrities have privacy?"

Everyone should have their privacy it should be down to the individuals or families to give information out as they feel appropriate. Boris whether you like him or not was purely political motive. There is a argument for information about people in public eye to behave in a certain way. Question is what's in the social interest and what is not, but most is about making money and they tend to pay the price

over a year ago

"Yes I think they should have privacy when it comes to their health, children etc.

I can't say I'm that fascinated by someone (especially someone I've never met), that I want to know everything about them.

Surely everyone deserves privacy and as we know the media aren't exactly trueful.

"

Good point about the media. It must be frustrating when they print lies about you.

over a year ago

Yeah for sure they should.

over a year ago

"Michael Schumacher in the news again, having new treatment. His family have kept his life out of the news since his accident, but on some news sites people are complaining about not hearing how he's doing.

Everyone should have their privacy it should be down to the individuals or families to give information out as they feel appropriate. Boris whether you like him or not was purely political motive. There is a argument for information about people in public eye to behave in a certain way. Question is what's in the social interest and what is not, but most is about making money and they tend to pay the price"

Political motive in that they were trying to give him a bad name? Their neighbours did seem quite irate and keen to get rid.

By *affron40Woman
over a year ago

manchester

I do find it sad that the media go after people in order to create some form of entertainment. Little of which we can know to be true or not.. just like online.. that must be mentally exhausting for anyone. People buy into this ‘right to know’ which is why there’s a market for it.

Personally I think everyone’s entitled to privacy and invasion of such is nothing but destructive for someone somewhere. ‘News’ isn’t worth ruining someone’s life for.

over a year ago

Of course! Actually find it sad people want to know!

over a year ago

Yes, some manage to have very private lives. And health wise definitely should have, their families often have to come to terms with an illness themselves and don’t want it blasted all over the media x

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

If it didn't sell newspapers or get clicks on certain websites then it would end. However celebrities often court the paparazzi and papers to tout their lives and public exposure,to get work. So shouldn't complain about privacy when stuff comes out that paints them in a particular bad light.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

That family currently don’t court publicity and should be rightly left alone. His health is nobody else’s business but the family.

Mrs Schumacher is one hell of a woman imo.

By *arksxMan
over a year ago

Leicester / London

It's not called (show) biz for nothing

In the case of MS that is clearly media stoking up click bait rubbish to get eyes on their webiste for ads.

When a tragedy like that has befallen someone and the family request privacy it should be respected.

You can blame it all on the news... When it comes to Internet you are your own editor. If you dont want to see or endorse i don't click it.

If it get gets no traffic, media outlets will post other "news" before it

over a year ago

Yes I should.

over a year ago

Neverrrrrrr

over a year ago

"Of course! Actually find it sad people want to know! "

There is a human interest often people want to know especially they know of or close to a similar situation like with Terry Pratchett, but sharing has to be their/families choice and hopefully not about making money

By *moothdickMan
over a year ago

stoke

If they prostitute their selves to the press then they deserve what they get but as for others who don’t, then they deserve privacy

over a year ago

Yes we should

By *egasus NobMan
over a year ago

Merton

Not celebrity struck so don't care however I think depend on what type of celebrity you are and the image you put out.

over a year ago

I,m completely ambivalent to celebrity and have no interest in anybody else’s life. People are too wrapped up in media

over a year ago

"That family currently don’t court publicity and should be rightly left alone. His health is nobody else’s business but the family.

Mrs Schumacher is one hell of a woman imo. "

Absolutely

over a year ago

100% yes. If that's what they want.

By *ingle ex cuckMan
over a year ago

chester

No they shouldn’t

If we do something drastic (which I haven’t touch wood) then it would be all over the local paper

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

Yes. We all have the right to go home, close the front door and leave prying eyes outside.

By *onbons_xxMan
over a year ago

Bolton

Don’t think it’s that black and white.

There’s a line between privacy and scrutiny. Depends what people class as news and gossip. Clickbait and shit headlines seem to work for the media, they know what works in a giving the people what they want.

Though without it the metoo movement wouldn’t have taken off, expenses scandals wouldn’t have been exposed or other misdemeanours. I’m all for responsible journalism to be honest.

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

Is it newsworthy?

If someone has a domestic and runs the country then yeah its news worthy. My mum and dad never ever screamed or shouted at each other, and never once had the cops come to the door.

Someone famous in a bad way? yeah thats newsworthy too.

The simple fact is, there are other jobs they can do, and they do it in part for the fame.

In some jobs the opposite is taken into account, you have to remain anonymous online, and in your private life

It's not like boris was dragged away in the middle of the night and forced to be a politican.

Loads of people are good at things and give up because the fame is not for them.

over a year ago

"I do find it sad that the media go after people in order to create some form of entertainment. Little of which we can know to be true or not.. just like online.. that must be mentally exhausting for anyone. People buy into this ‘right to know’ which is why there’s a market for it.

Personally I think everyone’s entitled to privacy and invasion of such is nothing but destructive for someone somewhere. ‘News’ isn’t worth ruining someone’s life for. "

I agree. Tell them nothing then they can't twist it.

over a year ago

"If it didn't sell newspapers or get clicks on certain websites then it would end. However celebrities often court the paparazzi and papers to tout their lives and public exposure,to get work. So shouldn't complain about privacy when stuff comes out that paints them in a particular bad light.

"

Some do invite the paps in. Katie Price, the Kardashians. Not always a good light!

over a year ago

"No they shouldn’t

If we do something drastic (which I haven’t touch wood) then it would be all over the local paper "

Should they get privacy if they don't do bad things?

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

I think if our Prime Minister is behaving so aggressively towards his partner that the Police become involved then we have the right to know.

over a year ago

"Don’t think it’s that black and white.

There’s a line between privacy and scrutiny. Depends what people class as news and gossip. Clickbait and shit headlines seem to work for the media, they know what works in a giving the people what they want.

Though without it the metoo movement wouldn’t have taken off, expenses scandals wouldn’t have been exposed or other misdemeanours. I’m all for responsible journalism to be honest. "

Good point about the good stuff the media does. I like that.

By *etite HandfulWoman
over a year ago

Chester

"I think if our Prime Minister is behaving so aggressively towards his partner that the Police become involved then we have the right to know. "

The neighbours called the police with ulterior motives the partner didn't and the police just left with no further interaction.

over a year ago

Yes i think eveyone is entitled to privacy if they want it. Why should it be any different just because of their celebrity status.

By *etite HandfulWoman
over a year ago

Chester

In the case of Michael Schumacher's family well under the circumstances its ghoulish behaviour of the press prying they should be left be.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Should royalty have privacy if they are paid with public money ?

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

Yes

over a year ago

"In the case of Michael Schumacher's family well under the circumstances its ghoulish behaviour of the press prying they should be left be. "
this

over a year ago

"Is it newsworthy?

If someone has a domestic and runs the country then yeah its news worthy. My mum and dad never ever screamed or shouted at each other, and never once had the cops come to the door.

Someone famous in a bad way? yeah thats newsworthy too.

The simple fact is, there are other jobs they can do, and they do it in part for the fame.

In some jobs the opposite is taken into account, you have to remain anonymous online, and in your private life

It's not like boris was dragged away in the middle of the night and forced to be a politican.

Loads of people are good at things and give up because the fame is not for them."

Not all famous personalities do it for the lime light, some just do it for the love of it, are great at it and have fame thrust upon them.

All politicians need to be monitored closely, theyve proven time and time again they're not to be trusted.

So some jobs yes, tough shit. I dont see why paparazzi should be allowed to photograph anyone against their wishes. Unless they're at work, doing some publicity.

I'd hate that level of intrusion into my life

over a year ago

Just watched George Michael documentary .

he gave over 10 million secretly to charities.

what a nice guy...

over a year ago

aye we should have privacy

people videoing me and the gym and else where

they can all go fuck themselves

over a year ago

"Just watched George Michael documentary .

what a nice guy..."

He was amazing. Proof it can be done quietly.

over a year ago

what a nice guy...

He was amazing. Proof it can be done quietly. "

His song Praying for Time is beautiful x

over a year ago

what a nice guy...

He was amazing. Proof it can be done quietly.

His song Praying for Time is beautiful x"

and 'Jesus to a child'... the line 'heaven gave and heaven take' brilliant line about his lover.

over a year ago

I think I might have read somewhere that even at the height of his Formula 1 career, Michael was guarding his privacy.

Of course, everyone should have some privacy and celebrities are no different.

Post new Message to Thread