FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Mohammed Ali v Mike Tyson:In there prime,who would win?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Mike Tyson methinks with his raw brute power.Or is there someone who could have knocked out both.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Not had this discussion for a while. Personally I think if Tyson wasn't able to get it done in the first few rounds then Ali would've taken it in the later rounds.

Speed - Tyson's hands were much quicker than Ali's foot work.

Power - Easily goes to Tyson.

Chin - I would say Ali had a far superior chin than Tyson.

Stamina - I think it's safe to say this one is Ali's.

Defense - I think Tyson's 'Peek a Boo' style was superior to Ali using his face a punching bag because it was rare to see his guard up.

Heart - This one is Ali's with who and how he was put down this guy was like The Terminator with the way he got back up time and time again.

Psychology - 50/50 split for me. Ali was awesome at getting in his opponents head. Whereas Tyson had that intimidating persona.

My two pence worth and I still can't call it but to kind of answer your question Tyson till around round 5-6. Anything after that and I feel Ali would start to outclass and dominate.

Frown the Armchair Expert of absolutely nothing

over a year ago

"Not had this discussion for a while. Personally I think if Tyson wasn't able to get it done in the first few rounds then Ali would've taken it in the later rounds.

Speed - Tyson's hands were much quicker than Ali's foot work.

Power - Easily goes to Tyson.

Chin - I would say Ali had a far superior chin than Tyson.

Stamina - I think it's safe to say this one is Ali's.

Defense - I think Tyson's 'Peek a Boo' style was superior to Ali using his face a punching bag because it was rare to see his guard up.

Heart - This one is Ali's with who and how he was put down this guy was like The Terminator with the way he got back up time and time again.

Psychology - 50/50 split for me. Ali was awesome at getting in his opponents head. Whereas Tyson had that intimidating persona.

My two pence worth and I still can't call it but to kind of answer your question Tyson till around round 5-6. Anything after that and I feel Ali would start to outclass and dominate.

Frown the Armchair Expert of absolutely nothing "

Yup

over a year ago

Ali.. He'd have Tyson beat before they got in the ring. All the press conferences would have Tyson raging as Ali broke him down publically.

Tyson may pack one hell of a punch, but he's not clever, he let's his emotions get the better of him and loses control.

All professional boxers hit hard, it's the skill, stamina and mental fortitude that separates a boxer from one of the greats. To me Tyson isn't even in the same League as Ali.

over a year ago

"Ali.. He'd have Tyson beat before they got in the ring. All the press conferences would have Tyson raging as Ali broke him down publically.

Tyson may pack one hell of a punch, but he's not clever, he let's his emotions get the better of him and loses control.

All professional boxers hit hard, it's the skill, stamina and mental fortitude that separates a boxer from one of the greats. To me Tyson isn't even in the same League as Ali. "

Also an armchair expert.

over a year ago

Tyson was a street brawler not a boxer perse....that's why he went for quick kills...Sugar Ray..Marvin Hagley. .Joe Louis..Marciano . If Tysoe could a laid full punch on Ali early then he would have it but doubt he would have been able to

over a year ago

Ali also fought in a much more competitive era with many other boxers of extremely high quality. in their prime.

He also has a big height and reach advantage over Tyson.

By *ntrigued32Couple
over a year ago

Nottingham

Tyson

D.

over a year ago

On a separate note. Muhammad Ali is one of my personal heroes. The way he stood up and refused to be drafted. Speaking out eloquently and passionately about the politics of the day.

I only wish I'd shown the same courage when my time came to head to Iraq. I was found wanting.

over a year ago

"Ali also fought in a much more competitive era with many other boxers of extremely high quality. in their prime.

He also has a big height and reach advantage over Tyson."

Oh yeah...some good fighters back then with good defence as in chest and face closed in difficult to get thru...I remember watchinges boy green...couldn't tell box for shit not in true sense..Arms flailing about before bang on the chin lol

over a year ago

"Mike Tyson methinks with his raw brute power.Or is there someone who could have knocked out both."
ali was the 'Greatest' he stung like a butterfly and floated like a bee

over a year ago

"Mike Tyson methinks with his raw brute power.Or is there someone who could have knocked out both.ali was the 'Greatest' he stung like a butterfly and floated like a bee "

his later Parkinson interviews showed what an intelligent man he became...

(mis!)quote.

" if you think the same /hold the same views at age 50 as age 30 you've learnt nothing"

over a year ago

"Mike Tyson methinks with his raw brute power.Or is there someone who could have knocked out both.ali was the 'Greatest' he stung like a butterfly and floated like a bee .

(mis!)quote.

" if you think the same /hold the same views at age 50 as age 30 you've learnt nothing""

didn't he develop parkinsonism

over a year ago

"Mike Tyson methinks with his raw brute power.Or is there someone who could have knocked out both.ali was the 'Greatest' he stung like a butterfly and floated like a bee .

(mis!)quote.

" if you think the same /hold the same views at age 50 as age 30 you've learnt nothing"didn't he develop parkinsonism "

What....

over a year ago

(mis!)quote.

" if you think the same /hold the same views at age 50 as age 30 you've learnt nothing"didn't he develop parkinsonism

What.... "

In no way is that funny (cheap chinese raging emoji)

over a year ago

Ali,simples

over a year ago

Ali no question, no on could hit harder than foreman and ali withstood all that and won

over a year ago

Amd i suppose tyson fury no chance whatso ever .at least our Henry knocked ali down as i recall

over a year ago

(mis!)quote.

" if you think the same /hold the same views at age 50 as age 30 you've learnt nothing"didn't he develop parkinsonism

What.... "

billy connolly did after parky said something in his autobiography

By *aul DeUther-OneMan
over a year ago

Seaside Sussex

The era where the fight takes place would be the biggest factor. Remember that when Ali was in his prime there was no tko. So he could play rope a dope until Tyson wore himself out getting frustrated. If the fight took place in the mid to late 80's when Mike Tyson was the Champion, and if Ali was not punching back then he would lose.

over a year ago

"Ali no question, no on could hit harder than foreman and ali withstood all that and won"

good point

over a year ago

Ali all day long . Class fighter, he had everything , speed , power and furness.

over a year ago

Good scrap last night

over a year ago

Tyson

By *hezuMan
over a year ago

London

Connor Mcgregor could those two easily

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

Tyson didn't mind the bigger boxers as he was quite short for a heavyweight at 5'10,with a decent uppercut punch on him. However he got easily frustrated with clever fighters, which is where Ali would have him beat in the early rounds, when Tyson would be at his best.

If Ali got to round 5 he'd take him easily in my opinion.

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

"Connor Mcgregor could those two easily"

One name, Mayweather

By *iker BullMan
over a year ago

leeds

Nobody saw Ali in his prime,the u.s government saw to that,and he was still the greatest heavyweight to live. He would have put Tyson away at ease.

over a year ago

Who?

over a year ago

"Nobody saw Ali in his prime,the u.s government saw to that,and he was still the greatest heavyweight to live. He would have put Tyson away at ease."

Well said that Man!

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Ali no question - he was far too clever for Tyson - yeah Tyson might sneak it if he managed to connect with his brute force in the early rounds but on balance and assuming no lucky punches Ali all the way.

By *arehamMan
over a year ago

handforth

Tyson

over a year ago

got owned by the khabib and by nate try again

Post new Message to Thread