Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Meets that don’t measure up to their profile

Jump to newest

By *tella Heels OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

west here ford shire

Anyone like me had meets that when you get to it are not so much s disappointment, but certainly not as described!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No. After 7 years I'm either incredibly lucky or I'm a great judge of the genuine

over a year ago

west here ford shire

"No. After 7 years I'm either incredibly lucky or I'm a great judge of the genuine "

Also incredibly gorgeous x

over a year ago

Nope, but then I've only met one woman so far in my time here. Any more I do meet i will hope are exactly as their profile portrays them to be, if not and we can still have a laugh then i wont fret too much

over a year ago

Nope its been easy sailing but i did always do a full background check

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

I've had a few.

Due to a very busy life it can take me at least a week to even plan a social, so I'm chatting with the person & have a pretty good idea if we'll get along. If I feel we won't, then i wouldn't meet them.

Few occasions, I've had quite Spontaneous socials... Every time I've been disappointed.

By *dam1971Man
over a year ago

Bedford

All mine have been better than I hoped, but I’ve no idea how. Perhaps by the time we’ve chatted enough to get past my hideous appearance, there’s enough of a connection so we know it’ll be good when we meet

over a year ago

Cant describe everything. I remember going to social and being really put off by someone voice in person. It was just a small thing but couldnt get pass that. Also he had a one drink too much i think before my arrival which I hate.

A man looking scruffy in person like he didnt make effort because he would rely just on his charm and stories. I should have worked out by zooming at his bathroom tiles in pics;) silly me.

A lovely online man who had no clue how to be a gentleman in person and on top of that invited me to a crowded place.. where you almost touch others elbows.. conversation was impossible.

And guess what.. i couldnt guess all of them before.

Hope you feel better next please! (in other words)

By *nderIwonder.Man
over a year ago

2nd City

Learn to lower your expectations.

over a year ago

My profile is shite, so hopefully in real life I'll be better than expected

over a year ago

on occasion but never rude. Just pass on by

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Ye I have had a few who have been nothing like their profiles from guys who's pics are years out of date or their ages are about 10 years off. Or they are just nothing like the person you are talking to online. But that's the luck of the draw luckily I've met decent guys as well.

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Can't say I have but then I tend to spend a good deal of time getting to know the person and them me before meeting so by the time we do meet I'm confident that not only they are who they appear to be on-line but also that we'll get on.

I have had situations where I've met people in clubs only to later find out they weren't all they made out to be though

over a year ago

I try to ensure that should anyone be daft enough to meet me their expectations are very low.

over a year ago

I strive to be a disappointment

over a year ago

My very 1st meet about 10 years ago, i arranged a meet with a 5tf 10 fireman and when he arrived at mine he was about 5ft 4!! I asked him about it and he said women wouldnt meet him if he put his actual height

MsC

By *he James gangCouple
over a year ago

NEWTOWNABBEY

Always zoom in on the background, the state of their homes is a big give away about their personalities. Crushed beer cans on top of radiators, piles of clothes all over the place, untidy, is a big no no.

Had a social in a Costa coffee when a guy, at least 10/15 years older than stated, thought he would win us over by producing out of a plastic bag, an 8inch strap on, which he wanted my partner to use on him. Agggghhhhh!

over a year ago

"I try to ensure that should anyone be daft enough to meet me their expectations are very low."

Same... but they tell me they're still disappointed.

over a year ago

"Always zoom in on the background, the state of their homes is a big give away about their personalities. Crushed beer cans on top of radiators, piles of clothes all over the place, untidy, is a big no no.

Had a social in a Costa coffee when a guy, at least 10/15 years older than stated, thought he would win us over by producing out of a plastic bag, an 8inch strap on, which he wanted my partner to use on him. Agggghhhhh!"

Fantastic! Men like that are so clueless.

By *good-being-badMan
over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

Reading the responses on here .

Seems the couples and single ladies have in the main had diaappointments, yet the guys in the main haven't ...

Two thughts

1. Guys are better fibbers.

2. The couples and lladies are posting with the knowledge that it won't affect there chances.

Myself had one meet (social, as I do for first meets, if that goes well we sort a second date out) where the lady was at least 10 years olde r than her one picture.

By *ecadent_DevonMan
over a year ago

Okehampton

I think you can always find something positive in a meet, even if it doesn’t go according to plan. Can’t say I have ever been disappointed, meeting new people and chatting (if nothing else) in a liberated care-free fashion is a huge part of the enjoyment for me......

... but then I am shit at sex

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

"Reading the responses on here .

Seems the couples and single ladies have in the main had diaappointments, yet the guys in the main haven't ...

Two thughts

2. The couples and lladies are posting with the knowledge that it won't affect there chances.

Myself had one meet (social, as I do for first meets, if that goes well we sort a second date out) where the lady was at least 10 years olde r than her one picture."

Or perhaps the relatively small sample of men that posted before you (three that actually referred to meets they'd had) have had good experiences one because he'd only had one meet and the other two (me included) because we'd spent time getting to know people before meeting.

I'm too much of a gentleman to provide details if I'd had a bad meet, but I'd certainly not shy away from acknowledging I'd had one if I had, and certainly wouldn't see anything like that as "affecting my chances" if I did

over a year ago

No I have a 100% success rate.....

By *litterbabeWoman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I had two that didn't match their profile pictures due to significantly old pictures and some other small cosmetic differences.

I have changed the way I see things now, so it's been at least 5 years since that happened

By *ilkenWoman
over a year ago

Manchester

"Reading the responses on here .

Two thughts

Myself had one meet (social, as I do for first meets, if that goes well we sort a second date out) where the lady was at least 10 years olde r than her one picture."

Astute and would say true but then if a guy empties his balls into a blow up doll he would say it was a good meet I sometimes think.

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Reading the responses on here .

Two thughts

2. The couples and lladies are posting with the knowledge that it won't

Or perhaps the relatively small sample of men that posted before you (three that actually referred to meets they'd had) have had good experiences one because he'd only had one meet and the other two (me included) because we'd spent time getting to know people before meeting.

I'm too much of a gentleman to provide details if I'd had a bad meet, but I'd certainly not shy away from acknowledging I'd had one if I had, and certainly wouldn't see anything like that as "affecting my chances" if I did

I actually don't meet fast off here I spend quite a while chatting to someone before I will meet so no I don't believe its because of rushing into meets. But still a few have not been anything like what they portray to on here.

It has however made me more wary and more aware that a lot people are not truthful on here.

over a year ago

"

I actually don't meet fast off here I spend quite a while chatting to someone before I will meet so no I don't believe its because of rushing into meets. "

Hey i get you. I never had a spontaneous meet either and did my best to get to know them, without making people feel I am interviewing them for a life partner.

Shocker. People lie or hide truth to shine. Thankfully these are just exceptions. And now all is good. OP hope my story was a helpful share. Intuitive skills might just sharpen after an experience like this.

over a year ago

"I think you can always find something positive in a meet, even if it doesn’t go according to plan. Can’t say I have ever been disappointed, meeting new people and chatting (if nothing else) in a liberated care-free fashion is a huge part of the enjoyment for me......

... but then I am shit at sex"

That's a lovely way to put it.

And yes.. there was usually a nice element to it. And best to stick to that but also learnt my lessons.

over a year ago

west here ford shire

I think a little explanation is required to why I have put this thread on, I no longer meet anyone, I have no confidence in myself, cancer has aged me..

But in truth I think I would be a disappointment if I met anyone now..

I have within the last hour had a very nasty message from a person who will remain anonymous, but they are very young and naive, life’s a hard lesson to learn, this upset me somewhat as I don’t know them and have never spoken to them before..

However that’s besides the point, fact is if we are honest as we get older if we meet people I think they can be disappointed in the actual meet itself, I’m not having a go at anyone I’m speaking on experiences I have had only..

X

over a year ago

Stella.. nobody that reflective would be a disappointment in my books.. and i hope you find your self love/acceptance again.

over a year ago

I always fear people think that about me!

Over the years I've met some great people but there have been rare occasions where for whatever reason it's not been as great as I hoped

over a year ago

Mine have been amazing... Better than expectations x

over a year ago

Stella I don't know you but from reading your posts etc I get the impression you're an incredibly strong person. You've been through a huge journey and I can't even begin to imagine it. It's really important you celebrate you for being so strong, for being wise and for being well you. No one can do that better than you.

I say this as a woman with very little self confidence too but we need to try because we are more than meets the eye xxx

over a year ago

Me and my bf had a meet in a local pub with a girl off here....She seemed lovely on here but in person she was a horrid person....She was as pretty in the outside as she looked in her pics but she was a horrid person....All she did was talk over us and tell us how fantastic she was....We couldn't get a word in.... As her job...her car....her looks her wage....her holidays....Her clothes....everything she had was better than everyone else's and she even said she was the best looking woman on fab....She asked us if we were going back to ours for a few more drinks and me and James said we were busy with other stuff....She stormed off and sent us a message calling us stuck up c*nts and blocked us...talk about ironic lol....anyway it's amazing how you perceive someone on here and then when you meet them they are different x

By *mmmMaybeCouple
over a year ago

West Wales

In the large socials some have come across not as we expected but in play meets no, they've been pretty much the people we've been chatting to. As Gemini Man says though we do a fair bit of chatting first as it takes a while for us to organise a meet.

S&H

over a year ago

I think a lot of people say and write what they think you want to hear, very few genuine that I’ve come across anyway

over a year ago

"I think a little explanation is required to why I have put this thread on, I no longer meet anyone, I have no confidence in myself, cancer has aged me..

I have within the last hour had a very nasty message from a person who will remain anonymous, but they are very young and naive, life’s a hard lesson to learn, this upset me somewhat as I don’t know them and have never spoken to them before..

However that’s besides the point, fact is if we are honest as we get older if we meet people I think they can be disappointed in the actual meet itself, I’m not having a go at anyone I’m speaking on experiences I have had only..

X

"

Report the message.

They don't know you so ignore it. They are just letting off steam and you aren't really their target. Their problem not yours.

over a year ago

west here ford shire

"I think a little explanation is required to why I have put this thread on, I no longer meet anyone, I have no confidence in myself, cancer has aged me..

X

Report the message.

They don't know you so ignore it. They are just letting off steam and you aren't really their target. Their problem not yours. "

I know but a very immature 19 year old tv

Said some really nasty hurtful things which are really unnecessary. Life experiences make us stronger we all know that, but anyone going through what I’ve had to endure the last 12 months and how much my life has had to change because of permanent damage due to therapy that saved my life...

The innocence of youth eh??

over a year ago

In a previous relationship my then gf wanted a big cock to play with. I agreed as I'm just average. So after scrolling on here for what felt like months we found a nice guy she found attractive. Claimed he had a 9 inch cock and to be honest the pics were impressive. So after agreeing to meet up with me as support they got down to it she unzipped him and he was smaller than me. To say she was disappointed. She sucked him and he came in about 2 minutes and buggered off. Biggest let down. Needless to say she did find a guy eventually. Now they are a couple

Post new Message to Thread