Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

"Hi, how are you?"

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I've been seeing recently on a few profiles that "Hi, how are you?" doesn't cut it as a good opening for a first message.

Obviously, just "Hi, How are you?" on its own is alittle unadventurous but coupled with afew more questions & maybe a nod to the fact that you've read their profile can't be all that bad, can it?

Of course, we can't go back to the days of "Hi, wanna fuck?" but what would you suggest? What do you use or have seen used?

What makes a good ice breaker?

What makes a good opening message? What catches you eye or has worked for you in the past?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *nytimeadeMan
over a year ago

Skegness

"I've been seeing recently on a few profiles that "Hi, how are you?" doesn't cut it as a good opening for a first message.

Obviously, just "Hi, How are you?" on its own is alittle unadventurous but coupled with afew more questions & maybe a nod to the fact that you've read their profile can't be all that bad, can it?

Of course, we can't go back to the days of "Hi, wanna fuck?" but what would you suggest? What do you use or have seen used?

What makes a good opening message? What catches you eye or has worked for you in the past?

"

MINE IS

DO YOU SWALLOW AND TAKE IT UP THE ASS..

That always gets a reply ,trust me

but if you say this on a first meet face to face , just remember to duck ..

Have Fun

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The majority of my messages will start with 'hi, how are you today' Thats what i'd say in real life, thats what i'll say here.

If its not good enough, oh well

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

"The majority of my messages will start with 'hi, how are you today' Thats what i'd say in real life, thats what i'll say here.

If its not good enough, oh well "

As a start its fine, polite, but if it is the content of the message, what on earth am i meant to reply?

Fine...well this conversation is dull as ditchwater...

Or really tell a total stranger how i am feeling?

OP...you message should make ppl want to reply back, either through humour, intelligence, wit or highlighting how you fit their criteria.

Hi how are you does none of these...

over a year ago

"The majority of my messages will start with 'hi, how are you today' Thats what i'd say in real life, thats what i'll say here.

As a start its fine, polite, but if it is the content of the message, what on earth am i meant to reply?

OP...you message should make ppl want to reply back, either through humour, intelligence, wit or highlighting how you fit their criteria.

"

Hi Jem how are you today. Now I know you swallow and take it up the arse just like my good self

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

we actually dont mind 'hi, how are you', but only as a precurser to a decent message.

if its that on its own then we really have no interest as it shows a lack of imagination on your behalf.

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

Hi Jem how are you today. Now I know you swallow and take it up the arse just like my good self "

Want to borrow my new strap on?

i am good sexy one, if bored lol,

over a year ago

Take something from their profile and comment on it,, or if there was something funny about a picture. Make it personal to them..

over a year ago

I'm great it's just the rest of the world that is paraniod

over a year ago

I'm always suspicious of the "Hi, how R U today" opener. My Profile currently has loud and clear how I am at the moment lol! so I never quite know if they are genuinely asking about that, or haven't even looked.

...eeew.... I just took a swig of coffee whilst typing and lifted last nights cold one by mistake

I like an opener that takes something from my profile and makes me smile or giggle about it. I've had a couple that were so obscure I've had to re-read MY OWN profile to get it, and thought aaahhh clever bastard! lol! I like that

over a year ago

'I'm looking for ordinary, down to earth people to have some fun with.' - Damm so your not looking for me then.. im extra ordinary and totally out of this world. Gutted.

Something like that.. ive quoted your profile which means ive read it and used it in a different way... if anything should make you smile

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"I've been seeing recently on a few profiles that "Hi, how are you?" doesn't cut it as a good opening for a first message.

MINE IS

DO YOU SWALLOW AND TAKE IT UP THE ASS..

That always gets a reply ,trust me

but if you say this on a first meet face to face , just remember to duck ..

Have Fun

"

haha, yeah......I get this messaged to me all the time!

over a year ago

I always write hi how are you. I do write more and that will be why I am writing to them, be it what I liked on a profile, if I liked pictures etc. Quite a few messages will be to compliment on photos or ask a question, it isn't always an interested to play message.

If I read 'do not send a Hi how are you message' then I wouldn't message at all. Some people are up their own arse and feel that the rest of us mere mortals have to compete and work at getting their interest and attention. Well I don't do what others want me to on here, I won't follow orders to the nth degree and I don't do requests

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple
over a year ago

Lisburn

To be honest its Mr A that sends the majority of our messages. I only send messages to friends and people we have meet.

Post new Message to Thread