Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Knitting

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hello people how are ya diddleing then. Fine and dandy one would hope. So a recent experience which I have no wish to really talk about left me out on the naughty step for a short time.

I thought I would do some knitting as I have never tried to knitt before at all. Trouble was tho I had no woll or knitting neddles to hand so decided instead to do some mental knitting.

Having stitched 9 and pearled 17 good uns out I dropped a stitch and had to go back abit and un pick a few. I then decided my half finished virtual cardigan was indeed going to be to small and about as much use as tits on a fish to be honest. So I chose instead to sit on said item to stop me from getting piles. As I have heard an old wifes tale that sitting on a cold hard surface for some time can indeed cause ones rectrum area to develope the odd grape or three other wise known as piles. (Well I say old wifes tale lol she was only 39 and not bad looking at all haha)

So before I waffle on and on and bore the pants off you fine and dandy folks out there I best get to the point hey haha. So my thought is this yeah. Does any one still do knitting then these days then to do your own wooly jumpers and cardigans etc etc??

Your thoughts please

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

One good Pearl and you'd be well away mate. Good luck.

By *aceytopWoman
over a year ago

from a town near you

welcome back pet

By *ub bbwWoman
over a year ago

oldbury

you and that naughty step timber tut tut tut you seem to spend more and more time on it than anywhere else at the moment. Knitting became trendy a couple of years back due to celebs doing it so no i dont but ill throw you a nice big cushion for your tush instead

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I've dropped one while doing a pearl necklace, does that count?

over a year ago

"welcome back pet "

mwah x

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

If you were barred and couldn't bobbin, you shoulda put four nails in a bobbin, done whatever it was we did, and get yer Grannie to sew it into a teapot stand.

Or a ludicrous hat.

Thanks Gran, bless her.

over a year ago

I used to knit socks... But I kept forgetting to turn at the heel...

Scarf anyone...?

over a year ago

"I've dropped one while doing a pearl necklace, does that count? "

Yeah thats a good un. Did any one get a whiff of owt un toward

over a year ago

"

If you were barred and couldn't bobbin, you shoulda put four nails in a bobbin, done whatever it was we did, and get yer Grannie to sew it into a teapot stand.

Or a ludicrous hat.

Thanks Gran, bless her."

used it for a warmer to vover the galss that holds her teeth in sterident. Of course other cleaning tackle is available folks like vim or domestos

over a year ago

"you and that naughty step timber tut tut tut you seem to spend more and more time on it than anywhere else at the moment. Knitting became trendy a couple of years back due to celebs doing it so no i dont but ill throw you a nice big cushion for your tush instead "

x

over a year ago

"I used to knit socks... But I kept forgetting to turn at the heel...

Scarf anyone...?

"

Right scarf or left scarf?

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

One question Mr Timber- How did you know i had been diddling?

over a year ago

My Gran knits long woolly scarf things but I have no idea what happens to them once they are finished. I have mixed memory of coarse wool jumpers as a nipper... Not a good memory.

over a year ago

No, that's what Chinese children are for

Post new Message to Thread