Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Prague

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I’m off to Prague this week for a few days with a large group of lads. Any suggestions of places to avoid which are known for ripping off tourists or places to visit, areas to go or sights to see etc.

We are staying in Wenceslas Square.

Cheers

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *r MoriartyMan
over a year ago

The Land that time forgot (Norfolk)

I enjoyed Pussy Deluxe, not sure if it's still going or not though. The Hooters there was also decent.

over a year ago

"I enjoyed Pussy Deluxe, not sure if it's still going or not though. The Hooters there was also decent."

Cheers I’ll look them up.

By *r MoriartyMan
over a year ago

The Land that time forgot (Norfolk)

"I enjoyed Pussy Deluxe, not sure if it's still going or not though. The Hooters there was also decent.

Cheers I’ll look them up. "

Pussy Deluxe was quite a small place but consequently better service than some of the big cabaret places.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I’m off to Prague this week for a few days with a large group of lads. Any suggestions of places to avoid which are known for ripping off tourists or places to visit, areas to go or sights to see etc.

Cheers "

You’re staying in thee most touristy bit of the town! They’ll be pumping you for cash. Was there a few days ago. Beautiful city.

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

My favourite city

If you eat at a restaurant on the square, they'll charge you double sitting outside

Double Trouble bar is awesome if you want to dance til dawn

Don't wear heels, everywhere is cobbled, you'll break your neck

Have a great time xx

over a year ago

"My favourite city

If you eat at a restaurant on the square, they'll charge you double sitting outside

Double Trouble bar is awesome if you want to dance til dawn

Don't wear heels, everywhere is cobbled, you'll break your neck

Have a great time xx"

I won’t be wearing heels don’t worry. Cheers

over a year ago

"I’m off to Prague this week for a few days with a large group of lads. Any suggestions of places to avoid which are known for ripping off tourists or places to visit, areas to go or sights to see etc.

Cheers

You’re staying in thee most touristy bit of the town! They’ll be pumping you for cash. Was there a few days ago. Beautiful city. "

Did you find anywhere decent away from the tourist trap. How did you find the prices for eating out, drinking etc. I’ve heard mixed reviews.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Cheers

You’re staying in thee most touristy bit of the town! They’ll be pumping you for cash. Was there a few days ago. Beautiful city.

Did you find anywhere decent away from the tourist trap. How did you find the prices for eating out, drinking etc. I’ve heard mixed reviews."

I was working there so food was provided although did venture to a TGIs for lunch which wasn’t expensive. That was on the other side of the river. Wee restaurant other side of the old bridge just on the right as you come off it is good and cheap for people watching. Grab a beer and watch folks go by. Other than that I got humped at the Harley Shop for a t shirt. That’s about as much as I got round to to be honest. I was an hours walk from the centre.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Eat at restaurants a street or more off from main tourist centre roads.

The council is fed up with bad behaviour and is r acting new laws to prevent it, with fines imposed. Ensure your group behaves well, especially at night, as it's been making life hell for people who still live in the centre.

over a year ago

Cheers

Did you find anywhere decent away from the tourist trap. How did you find the prices for eating out, drinking etc. I’ve heard mixed reviews.

I was working there so food was provided although did venture to a TGIs for lunch which wasn’t expensive. That was on the other side of the river. Wee restaurant other side of the old bridge just on the right as you come off it is good and cheap for people watching. Grab a beer and watch folks go by. Other than that I got humped at the Harley Shop for a t shirt. That’s about as much as I got round to to be honest. I was an hours walk from the centre. "

Cheers

over a year ago

"Eat at restaurants a street or more off from main tourist centre roads.

The council is fed up with bad behaviour and is r acting new laws to prevent it, with fines imposed. Ensure your group behaves well, especially at night, as it's been making life hell for people who still live in the centre. "

I can make sure I behave well, I’m not there to keep everybody else in check, that’s their lookout but cheers. We are actually staying directly opposite a police station so I’m sure that’ll be fun.

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Not been for about 10 years but it's a great city with plenty of great places to eat and drink if you go off the beaten track or venture into some of the not so touristy looking bars - Harleys and Bombay Spice (I think it was called but is opposite Harley's) are both worth a visit - there's a nightclub built over 5 storeys each with a different theme/music near the bridge which is open practically 24 hours and worth a visit too.

Prices always used to be cheap compared to the UK (£1.50/pint) but not sure how much that has changed since I was last there

Post new Message to Thread