Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Tough men

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

My missus likes nothing better than to binge on Netflix watching Vikings, barbarians or Turkish hordes. But should I get cross about something or threaten to biff the pipsqueak next door I'm told to behave and quieten down.

Seems they like the tough guys on screen but can't abide to live with one...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Lots of ladies like bad boys until the bad comes their way...

over a year ago

All depends if the fight is worth fighting for and the way in which it's expressed.

I lived with someone who believed he was a tough guy. He was nothing more than a snivelling jumped up narcissist who used the tough guy pretence to intimidate me. He was weak and pathetic.

A tough guy who'll use his strength for the greater good and make you feel protected rather than fearing for your own safety or repercussions of his big mouth out in public are far more attractive and better for your mental health!

P

over a year ago

"All depends if the fight is worth fighting for and the way in which it's expressed.

I lived with someone who believed he was a tough guy. He was nothing more than a snivelling jumped up narcissist who used the tough guy pretence to intimidate me. He was weak and pathetic.

A tough guy who'll use his strength for the greater good and make you feel protected rather than fearing for your own safety or repercussions of his big mouth out in public are far more attractive and better for your mental health!

P"

That is the opposite of a real man, when they bully a woman, I despise them. Grew up with that with my step-father and mother. Glad you are shot of the man and hope you found happiness now

over a year ago

"All depends if the fight is worth fighting for and the way in which it's expressed.

P

That is the opposite of a real man, when they bully a woman, I despise them. Grew up with that with my step-father and mother. Glad you are shot of the man and hope you found happiness now "

Thank you.

Yes I'm well over it but do carry some internal scars that I keep discovering which is bit of a pisser. You think you're sound but then something seemingly innocuous will trigger alarm bells

I guess I posted this coz some blokes believing they're tough are nothing but bullies, and they'd do well to give their heads a wobble and take stock.

P

over a year ago

P

That is the opposite of a real man, when they bully a woman, I despise them. Grew up with that with my step-father and mother. Glad you are shot of the man and hope you found happiness now

Thank you.

Yes I'm well over it but do carry some internal scars that I keep discovering which is bit of a pisser. You think you're sound but then something seemingly innocuous will trigger alarm bells

I guess I posted this coz some blokes believing they're tough are nothing but bullies, and they'd do well to give their heads a wobble and take stock.

P"

weebles wabble

over a year ago

P

Thank you.

P"

You just know that isn't going to happen P. People just need to recognise the signs and gtfo at an early stage. That's just people unfortunately. ..

over a year ago

P

Thank you.

P

You just know that isn't going to happen P. People just need to recognise the signs and gtfo at an early stage. That's just people unfortunately. .."

I know that deep down. I can't give up hope tho.

Oh, and anyone thinking they're a tough guy who enjoys intimidating women? You've never met a stronger woman than one that's come out the other side. We've been broken but rebuilt, and now we KNOW we're powerful, we're worthy and we don't have to tolerate anything or be a pawn in your game.

Sorry OP, detailed the thread somewhat.

P

over a year ago

"Lots of ladies like bad boys until the bad comes their way..."

truth! ^^

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

P

Thank you.

P

You just know that isn't going to happen P. People just need to recognise the signs and gtfo at an early stage. That's just people unfortunately. ..

Oh, and anyone thinking they're a tough guy who enjoys intimidating women? You've never met a stronger woman than one that's come out the other side. We've been broken but rebuilt, and now we KNOW we're powerful, we're worthy and we don't have to tolerate anything or be a pawn in your game.

P"

It's ok. Any post can be the start of another discussion. Makes it interesting.

By *rontier PsychiatristMan
over a year ago

Coventry

Not every man is so one dimensional. Having certain qualities does not prevent the presence of other qualities.

over a year ago

Cute hair looked a little tough tho

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Film violence/aggression is romanticised and justified, and you can be swept up. In real life it's often unpleasant, poorly thought through, or worse.

By *astyEricMan
over a year ago

Hull

Watching Bear Grylls does not make one survival expert, watching tough man does not mean one want to have it by their side

By *exi_LexiTV/TS
over a year ago

wales

Got to admire that lady and her words, good on you hun forget the past and enjoy life as you only get one, hugs xx

over a year ago

A truly strong man has nothing to prove at all, hr is comfortable in his own skin and can protect his own if needs be! That is sexy...

A one can van dam kinda man is not!

over a year ago

P

Thank you.

P

P"

this, well said p, from another survivor. I prefer a man who shows his gentle side, that’s true strength x

over a year ago

"My missus likes nothing better than to binge on Netflix watching Vikings, barbarians or Turkish hordes. But should I get cross about something or threaten to biff the pipsqueak next door I'm told to behave and quieten down.

Seems they like the tough guys on screen but can't abide to live with one..."

Maybe she just enjoys the genre.

Maybe she's got a fetish fantasy for rough and ready marauders, that's just that, a healthy fantasy.

Like loads of guys who enjoy ogling Katie Price, doesn't mean they would enjoy being in a relationship with her.

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

A tough guy is one who has been knocked off his feet several times, but always gets up ready for the next round.

Real toughness though is carrying on, when those around you have given up. Those traits are found in both sexes

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

P"

Borrowed from a friend;

Do you want to be the guy who walks into a bar where half the people leave and the other half are fearful, waiting for something bad to happen?

Or do you want to be the guy who walks into a bar where everyone smiles and says, everything's going to be ok, xxxxx is here?

over a year ago

A tough is a man who can fuck anuses without being afraid of breaking the banjo

over a year ago

"A truly strong man has nothing to prove at all, hr is comfortable in his own skin and can protect his own if needs be! That is sexy...

A one can van dam kinda man is not!"

I've never heard a man who is secure in his own masculinity boasting about having intimated or having beaten someone up. It's not that there hasn't been times when they didn't have to put a 'tough guy' in their place, it's unavoidable in life for most decent men, but these rare incidents are not something that most men feel a need to share.

Guys who go around looking for trouble, intimidating people physically weaker than them and causing drama are usually insecure

immature boys trapped in a mans body.

over a year ago

"A tough guy is one who has been knocked off his feet several times, but always gets up ready for the next round.

Real toughness though is carrying on, when those around you have given up. Those traits are found in both sexes "

This

By *ycallMan
over a year ago

Dorking

Some of the biggest strongest people I have known have tended to be chilled out and not in the slightest bit aggressive. Not talking about bodybuilder types but just naturally strong.

It’s the guys who feel they have something to prove who tend to put on the “tough guy” act.

over a year ago

Tough is a state of mind, not body..

over a year ago

I don't like bad boys. I like tall strong men that open the door but slap my arse on the way through. I like men that aren't afraid to show the real them but know how to be in control in the bedroom. I actually know just the guy

Post new Message to Thread