Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

War Memorials

Jump to newest

By *am62 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Bristol

I know the forum is about most subjects, and I had to ask your opinions of these thugs that destroy War Memorials. Last week Plaques were layed in Castle Green in Bristol for the Wars. Within three days they were destroyed, then there is a War Memorial in the Centre and they seem to want to destroy that to. I would like to know what punishment you would suggest for these bunch of scumbags,as it makes me feel sad, ashamed, we owe a great dept to our War hero's, but their memory is being destroyed by these vile humans.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

I've not heard of this so I dont know the full details. But like most criminals, I think time at her majesty's pleasure would suffice. The length of the sentence is not for me to decide.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

They should be made to tend war graves and taught all about those that died and why they died in the name of our country.

It happens frequently here in Northern Ireland and is generally blamed on republicans.

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

"They should be made to tend war graves and taught all about those that died and why they died in the name of our country.

It happens frequently here in Northern Ireland and is generally blamed on republicans."

That wouldnt change how they feel about what they did though. If anything it's just rubbing it in their faces.

over a year ago

They should be made to go to a war zone and see what it's like

over a year ago

Public shaming. There photos put up on billboards and in the local newspaper for all to see.

Then community service

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

"They should be made to tend war graves and taught all about those that died and why they died in the name of our country.

It happens frequently here in Northern Ireland and is generally blamed on republicans."

That’s the answer. Education and some hard graft. Possibly a trip to Auschwitz as well?

over a year ago

"I know the forum is about most subjects, and I had to ask your opinions of these thugs that destroy War Memorials. Last week Plaques were layed in Castle Green in Bristol for the Wars. Within three days they were destroyed, then there is a War Memorial in the Centre and they seem to want to destroy that to. I would like to know what punishment you would suggest for these bunch of scumbags,as it makes me feel sad, ashamed, we owe a great dept to our War hero's, but their memory is being destroyed by these vile humans.

"

Omg hiiiii old friend so nice to see Mrs xx

By *moothdickMan
over a year ago

stoke

If the little bastards are caught, I’d send them straight a zone that the British army patrolling and not give em a gun or training and let the sqaudies deal with em .....

over a year ago

"Public shaming. There photos put up on billboards and in the local newspaper for all to see.

Then community service"

This

By *am62 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Bristol

They get d*unk on a weekend and think it's fun to destroy our History, they must be very uneducated, or just plain dumb. I would tie them to trees, and hose them down with ice cold water every day.

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

Hang them for treason

over a year ago

"Hang them for treason "

Simple, cheap, no chance of reoffending..

Brace yourself. ......

By *apasmurfkingMan
over a year ago

Costa Del Littlehampton

"Hang them for treason "

Yes this exactly.

Personally think there needs to be death as a punishment for the waste of oxygen habitual criminal

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

I often see the wreaths of poppies left intact long after Rememberance Day which is good then I read about d*unk people pissing on them or destroying them which is very sad..

I wonder if it's about education but hard to believe that people do not know about our history.

people gave their lives during wars and even if we disagree with the causes we at least should respect those who died on all sides.

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Same punishment as for any other mindless acts of vandalism - the crime is still the same regardless of what it was carried out on or towards so there shouldn't be a specific one just because it's a war memorial.

Now whether the punishment for such acts is sufficient these days, or there is enough police resource to catch them, or enough values and respect for ANY property/possessions by the perpetrators is another question entirely.

over a year ago

Sadly I knew a woman whose father got blown up in a tank in Normandy. Badly disfigured, even straight after the war people told him to go back indoors. Short memories some people. But everyone one wonders how the Nazis got support. Look around you. If the bohemian corporal returned he'd find no trouble in getting thugs to follow him.

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Sadly I knew a woman whose father got blown up in a tank in Normandy. Badly disfigured, even straight after the war people told him to go back indoors. Short memories some people. But everyone one wonders how the Nazis got support. Look around you. If the bohemian corporal returned he'd find no trouble in getting thugs to follow him. "

This is an interesting point if slightly off topic. We are supposedly one of the richest countries yet we now have food banks within schools. I am not sure the wealth is shared and don't pretend to have the answer but I believe that if we have a society where it is increasingly difficult to be housed and fed then the recipe is there for civil unrest and exploitation of the masses by dark forces

over a year ago

As an ex Soldier myself I think this is an indication of society itself, a couple of weeks ago youths were filmed not far from me destroying flower beds at a war memorial and ended up first on social media the national news, if it's not a war memorial it will be someone property, its fucking wrong but kids are growing up thinking they can do what the fuck they like because they know if you one finger on them you're nicked, parents probably think their kids are angels but little do they know what they get upto

By *am62 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Bristol

"As an ex Soldier myself I think this is an indication of society itself, a couple of weeks ago youths were filmed not far from me destroying flower beds at a war memorial and ended up first on social media the national news, if it's not a war memorial it will be someone property, its fucking wrong but kids are growing up thinking they can do what the fuck they like because they know if you one finger on them you're nicked, parents probably think their kids are angels but little do they know what they get upto"
So true.

Post new Message to Thread