Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

If you were to......

Jump to newest

By *inakiss64 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Near St Albans

Win the Lottery, I mean big like £150,000000 pounds, what would you do?

A: Not tell anyone, not even friends and family and start a secret millionaire's life.

B:Tell everyone you know & spend the rest of your life getting asked for money from them.

C:Give it all to charity.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I’ve just done the lottery for tonight, not done it on a Wednesday for ages ..

I’d keep it to myself until I decide what I want to do,with it

over a year ago

D - a mixture of the above.

Give a portion to charity, divide a portion amongst my friends and family and then fook on a world tour

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

I’d tell my family but would be very selective on telling anyone else.

over a year ago

Set up sensible payments to kids...that is comfortable life’s but not enough to go mental....my and Mrs move to Spain and live life of luxury. Charities will also get some.

over a year ago

I’d be like the secret millionaire ( tv show) but with no publicity

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

I'd put it in the bank and try to live off of the interest.

By *W ChapMan
over a year ago

Swindon

A,B and C for sure.

By *pagafocsMan
over a year ago

Madrid

For sure won't be option b... Maybe very close family not even half of it... That's all. Rest some charity some rich unknown life

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

A is the closest. I would tell certain key people.

I would work out where I'm going to keep it and how I can use it tax-efficiently. I'd give chunks of it to family and friends. I'd work my goals and how much I can afford to spend each year.

I doubt I would just live a life of luxury. I would be very sensible with it and make it last, give some to charity and make sure there's a good chunk left for the kids.

I'd definitely get a nice house and a nice big Fazioli grand piano.

over a year ago

I'll take option A, but will look after those I hold dear in secret.

By *andmcoupleCouple
over a year ago

Newton

Not tell anyone and live off the interest after paying off the house. Kids could do jobs that they like/want with no pressure of earning

Would only dive into funds for the kids house deposits and their gap year travelling

Never understood blowing big money wins it all when you next 10 or more generations would never have the stress we have now

By *inakiss64 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Near St Albans

"I'll take option A, but will look after those I hold dear in secret."
that's a good choice without the publicity

over a year ago

40% on sex, 40% on drink and and I would waste the last 20%

By *inakiss64 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Near St Albans

"40% on sex, 40% on drink and and I would waste the last 20% "
what you mean spending money on sex n drink isn't wasted!

over a year ago

"40% on sex, 40% on drink and and I would waste the last 20% what you mean spending money on sex n drink isn't wasted!"

That’s the joke, yes.

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

"I’ve just done the lottery for tonight, not done it on a Wednesday for ages ..

I’d keep it to myself until I decide what I want to do,with it "

Not done it on a Wednesday for ages?

Keep it to yourself ...

You are still talking about the lottery aren't you?

over a year ago

"40% on sex, 40% on drink and and I would waste the last 20% what you mean spending money on sex n drink isn't wasted!

That’s the joke, yes."

over a year ago

I would tell family, not friends.

I would donate 100m to animal shelters.

over a year ago

Try and keep it low key! Look after my family, give a lot to struggling charities, buy a puppy and buy a big ish house with a walk in wardrobe and a swimming pool!

By *ily Con CarneTV/TS
over a year ago

Cornwall

I'd keep the lot to myself .....but not before rubbing the noses of the siblings/family that disowned me years ago into it.. sit on that.... arsesoles

By *iddlesticksMan
over a year ago

My nan’s spare room.

I’d keep more than I could eat, buy a lovely house with a lake and a river set family up, no more than half a million each and then set up a charity to keep me busy.

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Make sure my son and family were provided for and never had to have the financial struggles that I and so many others had/have.

Set up a charity and have the interest used to support some of those who need a way to transform their lives.

Live quietly, without the fanfare noise and publicity that goes with fame and fortune, ideally a cottage near a beach overlooking the sea.

Protect those who touch my heart financially, anonymously if I could find a way to do so.

And remember I had done nothing to earn it, it's just down to luck.

So I would try to share that luck with others, one immediately springs to mind. Don't think she would ever accept it though if she knew it had come from me.....

By *pitfiremk10Man
over a year ago

Gloucester

I think the 1st thing I would do is invite you to Spain OP so I can share my good fortune. Maybe you are a financial genius and could advise me? But I prefer the no publicity option to be honest as a single older guy would be seen as a target by many neer do wells.

By *astyEricMan
over a year ago

Hull

Spend it to put down fires in amazon, Syberia and Africa

over a year ago

Start a swingers club franchise all over the world in the most desirable locations and take it to the next level

over a year ago

I dont let that many people become close to me. But those that are I would tell and I would give them all a monetary gift while ensuring I leave plenty for investments into my families future

over a year ago

See more of the world have a mass collection of cars & bikes, luxurious yacht, a village pub & restaurant where i live & sort family out.

Charity... no chance

By *iss SJWoman
over a year ago

Hull

A definitely and just quietly sort out my friends and family’s finances without them knowing.

over a year ago

I’d just want a nice house with a bit of land for my dog , already live in the best place . Just help friends and family but mainly charities as long as I’m comfortable I don’t need a lot of money

By *inakiss64 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Near St Albans

Thanks for the advice so far everyone! Something to think about

over a year ago

Jump in the car and just disappear to where no-one knows me.

over a year ago

I plan this all the time! I'd take me and my daughter off to a private villa in Ibiza immediately and bring in an advisor I trusted to help me work it all out.

I'd buy us a beautiful but understated house with some private land and a pool. I'd buy my sister and two best friends homes they could live in for life. Give every member of my family, and some friends, a substantial cheque to do as they pleased with. I'd set some aside for my daughter's future and use the rest to set up a philanthropic fund taking applications from groups and individuals for small to medium grants for community projects, poverty relief or self improvement in areas of deprivation. I'd be CEO and take a salary as I couldn't not work.

And I'd never do my own nails again.

By *ily Con CarneTV/TS
over a year ago

Cornwall

"

And I'd never do my own nails again."

Hahaha... loved this last bit

over a year ago

If you're asking for a choice of A, B or C then it would have to be B for me.

I couldn't keep the money a secret knowing that I could help out family, friends or anyone else that I wanted to.

'A' seems a little selfish and 'C' a bit too generous, given I'd want to help out people/others that matter to me.

Oh, did I mention, I'd just won £150M on the lottery!!

Lol.

I wish...

Replies will say a lot about the person who posts, if they're being completely honest.

over a year ago

£150,000,000?

I'd start asking all my friends and family what they'd do for a job if money wasnt an issue.

Ideally I'd like to bring us all under one roof. A few companies working in successful partnership together. Bring my friends and family closer to me.

Yes its possibly a recipe for disaster.. but I'm already aware of the potential pitfalls. In my head the money is as much theirs as mine.. so it wouldn't feel like I was wasting it on a pipe dream utopian wish.

I'd also like to start my own charity for ex Forces/NHS/Social Workers and other frontline and emergency services veterans who.. through being brave enough/kind enough/stupid enough to volunteer to take on that work.. find themselves in need of a bit of extra support.

So hopefully my mafia family of businesses is profitable and self controlling.. giving me a little more free time and energy.

I also want to live on a Man 'O War.

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

I would give it to my children as they are starting their married lives, apart from maybe a million or two, I don’t need much at my age, never been a wanter, I’m a bargain basement bird so money wouldn’t really mean much apart from I could stop working and give my old body a rest

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

A combination of A and C probably - a select few from the family would know beyond that I'd be quite happy staying living where I am, and the relatively small amount it would take to do the house up wouldn't be noticeable - I'd then work out how much I'd need to live a comfortable rest of my life and put that aside - the remainder I would use to help family and charitable causes some of which I would want to get involved in in some way beyond just donating money.

over a year ago

A but will say A & C as it looks better to those that are looknig.

over a year ago

"Win the Lottery, I mean big like £150,000000 pounds, what would you do?

A: Not tell anyone, not even friends and family and start a secret millionaire's life.

B:Tell everyone you know & spend the rest of your life getting asked for money from them.

C:Give it all to charity. "

I'd buy you a new house

Post new Message to Thread