Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Mental well being

Jump to newest

By *nabelle21 OP   Woman
over a year ago

B38

I just wanted to give a shout out to anyone feeling stressed or having a hard time.

At work today we had 2 people returning from stress leave and someone else going off.

I suppose what I'm saying is don't be too hard on yourself... be good to yourself and hugs to anyone feeling this way xx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

"I just wanted to give a shout out to anyone feeling stressed or having a hard time.

At work today we had 2 people returning from stress leave and someone else going off.

I suppose what I'm saying is don't be too hard on yourself... be good to yourself and hugs to anyone feeling this way xx

"

By *ily Con CarneTV/TS
over a year ago

Cornwall

I've been in a "dark place" so can relate to this.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I just wanted to give a shout out to anyone feeling stressed or having a hard time.

"

And try and find somebody to share it with. Don't bottle it up.

By *nabelle21 OP   Woman
over a year ago

B38

"I've been in a "dark place" so can relate to this.

"

Sometimes life isn't easy that's for sure..I hope it gets easier soon xx

By *nabelle21 OP   Woman
over a year ago

B38

And try and find somebody to share it with. Don't bottle it up. "

Yes..it good to be able to talk.

over a year ago

over a year ago

Suffered my whole life from severe mental abuse from my dad. Zero confidence,zero self esteem. H e passed away in October and with the help of two good friends I am finally coming to realize that I am not worthless,I do matter and I will find someone who will love me just the way I am. Finally starting to live my life on my own terms.

over a year ago

"

Just wanted to add to this, I’ve been there more than once and if anyone feels like they just want a chat about it or need to vent, PM me

By *reeman76Man
over a year ago

oldbury

Absolutely, I’ve just been told do something totally unreasonable at work. It stressed me out so I went home lol

"

By *al01Man
over a year ago

solihull

Ive pretty much given up with everything now. Nuthin but bad luck no matter what

over a year ago

"Suffered my whole life from severe mental abuse from my dad. Zero confidence,zero self esteem. H e passed away in October and with the help of two good friends I am finally coming to realize that I am not worthless,I do matter and I will find someone who will love me just the way I am. Finally starting to live my life on my own terms."

Good for you dude

The sky is your limit now. And you have some catching up to do!!

Nobody has the right to call another person worthless..they are themselves the worthless ones.

By *urning the kinkMan
over a year ago

bristol

Good thread xx

Glad to see building sites have started to help with mental health it is a problem.

I've suffered over the years

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

"

It seems that you're either in a stressful line of work, or have a stress heavy workplace. Being able to unplug and not constantly stress over our professional or personal concerns is a gift more people should,have. Keeping a positive outlook on things helps as well.

By *urning the kinkMan
over a year ago

bristol

It seems that you're either in a stressful line of work, or have a stress heavy workplace. Being able to unplug and not constantly stress over our professional or personal concerns is a gift more people should,have. Keeping a positive outlook on things helps as well."

Fab cheers me up

over a year ago

"Suffered my whole life from severe mental abuse from my dad. Zero confidence,zero self esteem. H e passed away in October and with the help of two good friends I am finally coming to realize that I am not worthless,I do matter and I will find someone who will love me just the way I am. Finally starting to live my life on my own terms.

Good for you dude

The sky is your limit now. And you have some catching up to do!!

Nobody has the right to call another person worthless..they are themselves the worthless ones."

And that's why I love this site as 99% of feedback is positive.

over a year ago

I seem to be at home to the Black Dog at the moment, work and a couple of other things are behind it.

By *elma and ShaggyCouple
over a year ago

Bedworth

I’ve not gone into work today.

I work in a call centre. I’ve had some time off with stress and anxiety over the last couple of months. I returned on amended duties, responding to emails and messages rather than being on the phone and over the last 2 weeks have gradually got back to doing my job.

Yesterday was a very bad day. My first 4 calls consisted of me being screamed and shouted at twice and sworn at once. The day did not get any better.

This morning I got up for work and had a panic attack. Called my boss and told her I was going to try and get in later if I could work through it. A couple of hours later I got as far as getting in the car and it happened again.

There’s a limit to how long a person can cope with this type of abuse on a daily basis, being told to go fuck yourself or being called a dumb cunt or other such delightful things.

My union rep is looking into finding a role that I can do in another part of the business but I have spent the last few hours looking for a new job.

When you go into a doctor surgery, hospital, council offices etc you see notices saying that abuse of staff will not be tolerated. How many times have you heard this on the IVR when you call a customer service call centre? NEVER! It seems that society feels that it is acceptable.

over a year ago

Didn’t know I was depressed until made to see a councillor.....reckons I’ve had it since childhood...I just thought I was miserable!

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

Second that OP and more importantly find someone to talk to

My company is full of tension at the moment and I’ve never been busier being a councillor, next week we have the big announcement which will settle some of those anxiety’s but for others will mean job losses. A busy couple of months ahead .....

.... now where’s that pencil time to zone out

over a year ago

Something I never thought I would struggle with is mental health (naive I know) but over the last few months I've had a few personal issues that has made me take time off work. And also face up to the fact that I need to stop bottling things up and speak up when I need help.

It can be a horrible place to be in at times but you've just to got do your best and keep going.

Post new Message to Thread