Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

A public service announcement: u

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Good hygiene is essential.

Despite my best efforts i recently came across an outbreak of the dreaded box blight so i spent a few hours last night researching ways to better keep it under control.

I already knew it could be spread on your equipment and i have always fastidiously disinfected my tool between bushes, and that you should keep away from a bush when it's wet. You should also make sure you collect all the evidence of your involvement with the bushes in order to avoid problems in the future. To keep your bush healthy and happy it should be thoroughly sprayed every two weeks.

What i didn't know was that it can also be spread on your boots and clothing. Ok, but i'm not sure i feel comfortable being starkers and waving my little chopper around near an unruly and disease ridden bush.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

Which blight have you got?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I wouldn't jump to conclusions OP. I've seen bushes display symptoms of blight when in actual fact the have just gone through a drought. Just because a box looks a bit withered at the edges doesn't mean it's infected. The key is to find ways of getting and keeping it wet. A dry box is an unloved box.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Have you concidered HRT Therapy ? Most Horticultural Re-hydration Treatments can do wonders, especially gels.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Have you concidered HRT Therapy ? Most Horticultural Re-hydration Treatments can do wonders, especially gels. "

Post new Message to Thread