Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

If.....................

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

If you won £1m on the pools........oops the lottery (age showing) how would you spend it? Only £50k can go to charity. Difficult to spend a £1m, well except for my ex wife!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

difficult? seriously?

once you've bought a decent house not massive just a bit more luxurious than you would normally be able to afford and then kitted it out, then a couple of cars again not ferraris just ones you have coveted in normal day to day life, had a dream holiday, new wardrobe and given the kids some each to spoile themselves and some to save poff its gone

1 million really wouldn't go anywhere these days

need a good couple to genuinely be set up for life and only then if you use it to invest or set yourself up in business i personally think

By *ellhatterMan
over a year ago

slough

buy a decent house and save the rest.

over a year ago

£5k per year for each member of my family to be deposited in their bank accounts on their birthday for ten years. That's £100k per year for all my immediate family. I'd invest £400k on property to rent out and another £50k on marketing my business. I'd set aside £50k to pay for my children's Uni education (compound interest over 18 years will pay for the youngest). That leaves £400k to spend on a nice house and two new cars, but I'd hope to leave £100k in the bank as an emergency fund.

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

I love the house I'm in so am happy to stay here

I calculated that I could spend £1000 per week for the next 19 years, that is without any investing and interest.

I would like to think that I wouldn't go mad and if I needed a new car, would only take a few weeks to save for it or even use a 0% finance offer

over a year ago

I'd be utterly boring, I'm afraid..

First thing I'd do is clear each and every one of my debts. Then I'd get myself a nice house. Nothing too extravagant, just something that I'd be able to maintain when the lotto win runs out.

I'd then get to work on clearing any debts that my close friends and family have. The rest would go into a nice high interest account

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"difficult? seriously?

once you've bought a decent house not massive just a bit more luxurious than you would normally be able to afford and then kitted it out, then a couple of cars again not ferraris just ones you have coveted in normal day to day life, had a dream holiday, new wardrobe and given the kids some each to spoile themselves and some to save poff its gone

need a good couple to genuinely be set up for life and only then if you use it to invest or set yourself up in business i personally think"

A milliom pounds if deposited in a long term savings account would yield circa £45k per annum........a second salary perhaps?

over a year ago

I'd buy a reasonable size boat and sail the world

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"If you won £1m on the pools........oops the lottery (age showing) how would you spend it? Only £50k can go to charity. Difficult to spend a £1m, well except for my ex wife!"

Don't think it would be that difficult to spend a million....I would give it a good go

Would buy a slightly bigger house and have it decorated exactly how I have always wanted.

Give some to our family.

over a year ago

Not boring,but sensible,id do exactly the same as you

over a year ago

I'd get the house we live in modernised and altered to how we want it, get a couple of cars and motorbikes and sit on the cash in the bank.

I'd also set a small business for myself and employ some good people I know to help run it, that way we all have jobs and an income.

over a year ago

Pay off the mortgage, buty a nicer car, put the rest in retement fund as the way things are going, our pensions will be worth next to nothing!

over a year ago

"difficult? seriously?

need a good couple to genuinely be set up for life and only then if you use it to invest or set yourself up in business i personally think

A milliom pounds if deposited in a long term savings account would yield circa £45k per annum........a second salary perhaps?"

granted yes that would make a lovely second salary but i was just saying it really wouldn't be difficult to spend

personally i would be much more careful as i would want it to be life changing and i would pop it in the bank and sit on it for quite a while while we sat on a beach making some serious decisions as to how we were going to make it our life changing sum of money

over a year ago

Buy a decent car and drive around the world

over a year ago

pay for liftime gold member status here, then i can see all the people looking at me but not saying hi.

over a year ago

Defo a modest but comfy and secluded house by the sea somewhere in the South East.

Don't spose there would be much left after that but would invest in property letting methinks and use the returns to travel more and spend more time with my kids who live abroad.

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

A brand new pack of Titleists.

I'm sick of having to hit mine in the rough so that i can try find some more balls.

A left handed silk glove and lube.

over a year ago

Put a deposit on a flat in St. Andrews with it.

over a year ago

Sort the family out,buy a house and an audi a5 soft top,holiday,bank the rest

over a year ago

"If you won £1m on the pools........oops the lottery (age showing) how would you spend it? Only £50k can go to charity. Difficult to spend a £1m, well except for my ex wife!"

Hmmm, can't think what to do with it... but wouldn't mind the chance to try

over a year ago

Move back to Monte Carlo...;-)

over a year ago

Not at all difficult to spend 1Mk!

I can spend that on just one diamond!

Post new Message to Thread