Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Do singles become undatable?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I saw this comment in my other singles thread, how true do you reckon it might be? Are you single? I am and loving it

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I saw this comment in my other singles thread, how true do you reckon it might be? Are you single? I am and loving it "

I prefer being single too

over a year ago

Im single....not sure if im dateable or not

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

"Im single....not sure if im dateable or not "

Why wouldnt you be?

By *moothdickMan
over a year ago

stoke

I feel undateable .. lol..

over a year ago

"Im single....not sure if im dateable or not "
because with kids,grandkid,dog etc i dont get much time....and as an old fart im set in my ways

over a year ago

You become selfish and set in your ways, you get freedoms that a relationship stifles, the ability to come and go as you please

By *aughtyNipplesWoman
over a year ago

newport, shrops

Me too

...I do wonder whether I have become conditioned to a single life.

I miss male company massively but maybe I'm too use to being single

over a year ago

"I saw this comment in my other singles thread, how true do you reckon it might be? Are you single? I am and loving it

I prefer being single too "

That is good

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

"Me too

I miss male company massively but maybe I'm too use to being single "

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

I’m single and I enjoy the freedom, when motherhood allows it, do what I want when I want.

Does that make me undateable, I’d probably say yes at the moment as I’m not actively looking. However, never say never as I think we all have the capability to change our minds for the right person, as it happens naturally rather than seeked.

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

I have decided that i don’t think i could live with a man again. I’d like a relationship where we could do all the fun couple stuff, then go our seperate ways to our own homes, have our own space and not worry about what we are, and just be happy in our relationship.

That way when i wake up grumpy i can just be grumpy without it starting a post apocalyptic “what’s wrong with you?” “Nothing” snippy fest.

By *moothdickMan
over a year ago

stoke

"I have decided that i don’t think i could live with a man again. I’d like a relationship where we could do all the fun couple stuff, then go our seperate ways to our own homes, have our own space and not worry about what we are, and just be happy in our relationship.

That way when i wake up grumpy i can just be grumpy without it starting a post apocalyptic “what’s wrong with you?” “Nothing” snippy fest.

I’m yr man

"

By *good-being-badMan
over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

Undateable.. given the opportunity I'd hope I was dateable,

Single guy lives in leeds looking for a lady for fun friendship social activities as well as the frisky frolics, more info on my profile if I interest get in touch

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

I’m fab single

By *ribsaMan
over a year ago

A box at end of your bed

I recently become single (about 20 months ago) after 14 years married. It’s taking some getting used too but I would say I am enjoying being single again my own place, the freedom to do what I want when I want to and not having to report to anyone but myself. This is all well and good but I have a kid so only possible when he is not around my son comes before anything else in my life.

What I have found is after 14 years out off the dating scene is I am lacking in the confidence and skills I once had in chatting up ladies. I guess also a little shy nowadays around the more confident out going ladies. In time I am hoping I regain my confidence and with luck maybe find that someone until then I will just have some fun along the way.But I would not class myself as undatable.

over a year ago

Though I wasn't expecting to be single in my 50s I'm loving it,I do miss male company though

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

"I have decided that i don’t think i could live with a man again. I’d like a relationship where we could do all the fun couple stuff, then go our seperate ways to our own homes, have our own space and not worry about what we are, and just be happy in our relationship.

"

God yeah that sounds bliss. I always say I'm after a relationship of sorts,meaning when I've had enough of you for the day bugger of back to your own place so I can slob out by myself.

By *ightkitty4uWoman
over a year ago

Epsom

I’ve been single, er 13 years... I mean I’ve ‘dated’ people during that time but nothing has lasted longer than 4 months...

Not really thought about whether I love it not, it is what it is. Can be lonely at times especially when I want to go somewhere and have to either go on my own, drag my mum along or try and find a friend who is free on that occasion...

Would be nice to have sex on tap though. I do miss that...

over a year ago

God yeah that sounds bliss. I always say I'm after a relationship of sorts,meaning when I've had enough of you for the day bugger of back to your own place so I can slob out by myself."

I want this too.

I dont want to live with anyone - I enjoy my own space.

But being on my own at weekends is getting old!

I've just been looking at holidays to New York - and doing it on my own at my age just feels depressing

By *onbons_xxMan
over a year ago

Bolton

"I’ve been single, er 13 years... I mean I’ve ‘dated’ people during that time but nothing has lasted longer than 4 months...

Not really thought about whether I love it not, it is what it is. Can be lonely at times especially when I want to go somewhere and have to either go on my own, drag my mum along or try and find a friend who is free on that occasion...

Would be nice to have sex on tap though. I do miss that... "

Agree with this, sometimes I like being single and sometimes not, from the practicalities to the intimacy (and that needn’t just be physical).

over a year ago

I’m single and loving it too!

Not interested in a relationship just yet.

By *ibblingnewtWoman
over a year ago

by the sea

I can’t stand dating so I don’t do it all, what really entices me is social times with friends and blokes have to be part of that for me to really engage with them I suppose I’m technically unsayable because that’s what I wish to be

By *irginieWoman
over a year ago

Near Marlborough

I’m single and love it/loathe it in equal measure.

I have a few fab friends I see occasionally but often crave the intimacy of emotional monogamy. My dream would be another committed relationship through fab with a filthy fucker who is very happy to continue this lifestyle.

The flip side is a just love my freedom and independence (and after a fairly painful

Heartbreak I can be quite closed off to others emotionally - I’m proper hard work) I work ridiculous hours and juggle being a mum, friend, homemaker and everything else. I’m becoming less inclined to add a man in the mix unless that man is fiercely independent and totally sorted emotionally in his own right. And there’s not so many of them around.

V x

By *aughtyNipplesWoman
over a year ago

newport, shrops

God yeah that sounds bliss. I always say I'm after a relationship of sorts,meaning when I've had enough of you for the day bugger of back to your own place so I can slob out by myself.

I want this too.

I've just been looking at holidays to New York - and doing it on my own at my age just feels depressing

"

Aww bless you!

Yes I miss holidays too

... I'll come to New York anytime just for a laugh and the shopping and the nightlife.

...SITC style haha

I've said before that if a new relationship happens then I would like separate bedrooms for us, both with double beds so we can suprise each other in the morning for morning sex or late night sex and cuddles but each sleep alone and have a place for our own space if needed.

That would be perfect for me!

over a year ago

Every time I get into a relationship I remember why I like being single . Basically I’m selfish . I want to do what I want to do when I want to do it , and I am so used to doing this that when I am with someone , it is like they are preventing me from doing that and it fosters resentment .

. So I will see them , say, on a Friday night , and then Saturday morning they will say “what shall we do today” ? And I’m like , “ We?!? No no , your time is up until Tuesday . “

And that’s where it goes wrong . Turns out people don’t like feeling like they aren’t the most important thing in the world

By *aughtyNipplesWoman
over a year ago

newport, shrops

"I’m single and love it/loathe it in equal measure.

I have a few fab friends I see occasionally but often crave the intimacy of emotional monogamy. My dream would be another committed relationship through fab with a filthy fucker who is very happy to continue this lifestyle.

The flip side is a just love my freedom and independence (and after a fairly painful

Heartbreak I can be quite closed off to others emotionally - I’m proper hard work) I work ridiculous hours and juggle being a mum, friend, homemaker and everything else. I’m becoming less inclined to add a man in the mix unless that man is fiercely independent and totally sorted emotionally in his own right. And there’s not so many of them around.

V x

"

Absolutely...I am already raising two kids...I don't need another adult child to pander to!!!!!!!!

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Im not dateable by choice x

By *irginieWoman
over a year ago

Near Marlborough

"Every time I get into a relationship I remember why I like being single . Basically I’m selfish . I want to do what I want to do when I want to do it , and I am so used to doing this that when I am with someone , it is like they are preventing me from doing that and it fosters resentment .

. So I will see them , say, on a Friday night , and then Saturday morning they will say “what shall we do today” ? And I’m like , “ We?!? No no , your time is up until Tuesday . “

And that’s where it goes wrong . Turns out people don’t like feeling like they aren’t the most important thing in the world

"

I am exactly like this. I think when you bump into the right person though the desire to leave quick sharp in the morning suddenly changes.

V x

By *ab_SparklesWoman
over a year ago

sparkle Surprised

I've stayed single since my last ex, and that was four years ago ish now, best move i made.

I've not lived with a partner for over 15 years also. I'm now set in stone there.

Never married ever I doubt it will happen now because of being set in stone

I think in all of the above I might have made myself undatble

over a year ago

"Im not dateable by choice x "

over a year ago

I want this too.

"

It's not depressing, it's empowering!! You could research where you wanted to go, do shopping or walking or sightseeing or anything YOU wanted to do. Without a whining man crying that he's bored.

It sounds like an amazing trip.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"

It's not depressing, it's empowering!! You could research where you wanted to go, do shopping or walking or sightseeing or anything YOU wanted to do. Without a whining man crying that he's bored.

It sounds like an amazing trip. "

this. I adore travelling alone. Its a great experience

By *ay4realstr8TV/TS
over a year ago

hoyland

Isnt it more the fact when we’re all ancient in our 60s to have that special someone holding our shaking hand or helping us up when we have fallen over our own slippers? Just knowing that other half a ton of bake beans won’t go to waste? The simple things...

over a year ago

"Me too

I miss male company massively but maybe I'm too use to being single "

Yes. I reckon I am as well too used being single and not really felt that I need a partner

By *pider-WomanWoman
over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

I think I'm undatable even though I wouldn't mine someone in my life to do the fun stuff with.

I've been single for about 12 years now not even dated anyone in about 10 years. No one ever ask me

My life is busy with my young son plus all his football training etc and I do a lot as well.

I think I just switched the off switch on a few years ago. Forever single

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

I have to be careful, everyone who has sex with me wants to date me and everyone on the dating websites want to date me.

over a year ago

"

It sounds like an amazing trip. this. I adore travelling alone. Its a great experience "

I've done a lot of travelling on my own and had a lot of great experiences.

But at the moment I want a holiday if that makes sense.

I'm not going to whine about it - Im going to book it for my 45th birthday- fuck it

over a year ago

I'm single have been some time I'd love to date but there needs to be a good bit of excitement to keep it going it's just not out there

By *aughtyNipplesWoman
over a year ago

newport, shrops

"I have to be careful, everyone who has sex with me wants to date me and everyone on the dating websites want to date me."

Well aren't you just a lucky so and so

over a year ago

Only by twats that treat emby shit.

But some singles hey i like him then rejacted onto the next one.

Be strong be safe be ptoud

over a year ago

Soon to be single so will find out

over a year ago

"

It sounds like an amazing trip. this. I adore travelling alone. Its a great experience

I'm not going to whine about it - Im going to book it for my 45th birthday- fuck it "

Yeahhhhhh!!

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

"I have to be careful, everyone who has sex with me wants to date me and everyone on the dating websites want to date me.

Well aren't you just a lucky so and so "

No because I don't want to be in a relationship, so its pretty awkward for me.

over a year ago

Im single but dont want to be..

Love someone who likes the lifestyle best way to meet is on here.. im hoping

over a year ago

On a mooch

"I have to be careful, everyone who has sex with me wants to date me and everyone on the dating websites want to date me.

No because I don't want to be in a relationship, so its pretty awkward for me."

As long as you make that clear upfront then it shouldn’t make you feel awkward.

over a year ago

On a mooch

"

It sounds like an amazing trip. this. I adore travelling alone. Its a great experience

I'm not going to whine about it - Im going to book it for my 45th birthday- fuck it "

That’s the spirit !

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

I'm thoroughly enjoying my second bachelorhood and living it to the fullest. At the moment I would say i'm not really datable as i'm too much of a free spirit.

That doesn't mean things couldn't change were the right person under the right circumstances come along. It usually happens when you least expect it!

Enjoy life with no set expectations is my current frame of mind

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

Well aren't you just a lucky so and so "

He's a super stud

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I am undateable by choice,

I am single and would quite happily be in a polyandry relationship...

Instead I find regular fwb provide the variety that I desire for dates and holidays, I dip in and out of their lives as they do mine,

Would I drop it all and become a committed gf/wife to one man...

I havent met him yet

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

He's a super stud "

Exactly, I cant just have casual encounters, I wish I could. Up front and honest, but they all want to be serious after they get a little taste.

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

I'm enjoying my current singledom, but I never say never - you don't know what or who life is going to throw at you

over a year ago

No because I don't want to be in a relationship, so its pretty awkward for me."

Just be totally clear about what you do and don’t want. I’ve always been perfectly clear. Why people can’t seem to do this is beyond me, or why people say one thing and mean another! (Talking generally btw, I don’t know you)

over a year ago

The single life so be soooooo good!!! But when you find the right one being a couple who is in the lifestyle is sooooo much better! When vanilla life is amazing too why be single! It’s just a case of not settling and enjoying yourself until that person comes along x

over a year ago

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

I like being single and also being in a relationship as well. I'm a natural loner, happy and content being by myself but I'm also a person who enjoys looking after a significant 'other'.

I suppose I take on board the advantages of the situation I'm in. I do enjoy holidaying abroad by myself, the freedom of doing what I want when I want. But I also yearn for that partner who'd look out for me, call me to make sure I'm alright.

I can't imagine being on my own in the future, I have at least one more long term relationship in me, I just don't know when I'm willing to take that next step

By *manaWoman
over a year ago

Basingstoke

I'm undateable

over a year ago

I'm single through my own choice... No one is undatable!

By *orthantsblueeyesMan
over a year ago

Northampton

Chivalry is not dead with me

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

No

We can become habituated with behaviours and styles of living that are perhaps less conducive to a relationship with many others who might date us.

Our motivation is key. If we want something enough, if it's high enough priority, many of our 'single lifestyle' habits will be kicked out of the way. Many different types of relationships and relating exist, and our choice of partners is also wide.

By *educedWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

I have long believed that I'm going to die alone and be eaten by my pet dogs.

Just need to decide what kind of dogs. Small ones which will just take a nibble now and again or a couple of mahoosive ones which will down me in two?

By *nowwhitexxx1Woman
over a year ago

Hull

I worry that I'm not datable..I haven't had anyone want to date me since I've been single or had a proper BF since... Only casual things from here.

I have had amazing sex on here, I don't meet often so when I do I haven't had a bad experience and most of my meets have been overnight/ weekends away. I also really enjoyed going to a club for the first time... I've gd my first solo holiday this year to Mexico.. So I making the most of my single life

BUT... I do miss 1-1...i miss being able to let my guard down and let feelings come into it.. Being crazy about someone and them you is so amazing. And for me the sex only gets better the more you get to know that person.

I don't know what the answer is..because I wouldn't want a full on move in together type realtionship, as said above just all the good bits.. And I don't know even how realistic that is.

So I guess I will look from time to time.. You never know who might be waiting.

Post new Message to Thread