Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Children and best friends

Jump to newest

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

So they want to now try to stop children having best friends in school.

Im not actually going to say what i think about it as such.

Babies learn about life from the moment they are born, they learn emotions, they learn love and they learn trust. Everything then is a natural progression. Some people you will take to and become friends with and some you wont. Isnt this what life is about, natural emotions. How can anyone try and stop a child becoming close(er) to others than other ones. IF this came about would it not stop natural emotions and and create a nation of people with less feelings. Isnt it natural to have one best friend one week and another the next as children. Isnt it part of our learning process.

To a certain degree i agree with sitting children next to different ones in classes so that they learn to socialize with people that they may not otherwise do. But out of the classroom?.

What do you think

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

seriously??? how can you stop children naturally bonding with one another????

over a year ago

"seriously??? how can you stop children naturally bonding with one another????"
Thats my point

over a year ago

Tell the teachers to lead by example and talk to the other teachers/parents (and pupils) they don't like.

over a year ago

Where as this come from?

Id like a read before i comment.

kat

over a year ago

supposed to stop upset if they fall out! WTF????? worlds gone mad

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

I do believe in rotating classroom seating in Primary Schools yes....

over a year ago

"Where as this come from?

Id like a read before i comment.

kat "

It was mentioned briefly on this morning, this is the only article i could find on it

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2116699/No-best-friends-policy-rise-primary-schools-critics-warn-teachers-interfere-childs-play.html

over a year ago

It was also spoken about on loose women. i think its a load of tosh..

over a year ago

I think its disgusting to be fair, and if i thought it was happening at my daughters school i would be up there in a shot.

Im all for seating them in class in such away it promotes making new friends but in the play ground to stop 'best friends' is just wrong.

The friends i made at school are still my friends today and my best friend at school is my daughters god mother, as i am to her children, the friendships made at school are long lasting and taking that away from them children is wrong in so many ways.

Yes i agree some children don't make friends easily but other systems such as the buddy system works well.

kat x x

over a year ago

children rotation is a good thing as lets children interlink with others and find a common interest but a best friend at school i dont agree with it

over a year ago

during primary school we sat at different tables for different lessons so id be with one set of people for literacy hour, one set of people for mathematics etc.. but in the playground and lunch times i could interact with who i wanted.

Secondary school we were arranged into classes by our academic levels for each subject so were constantly interacting with others and teachers would set seating plans anyway so us girlies didn't chit chat too much between ourselves.

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

"I do believe in rotating classroom seating in Primary Schools yes...."

So do i. It's brilliant and means i got to look out of the windows every 30 seconds.

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

First, we have the " no losers" mentality at primary school sports day.... and now this?

As has been said by previous posters, children learn from day one, and school relationships are a large part of forming them as they grow.

We are already breeding a nation of low achievers who think that just turning up is enough to qualify them as having made an effort, this is the next step in turning people into soul-less, emotionless drones.

Post new Message to Thread