Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Has a stalker

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

As the heading suggests has blocked this man a number of times but he always makes a new profile to contact me again! I have previously told him I’m not interested + he has no verifications on his profile I know I can report him to admin but is there anything they can do to stop him from making a new account ? He’s freaking me out now

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

He knows what you did last summer

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

Probably not, other than block single males but that probably wouldn't stop him. If admin can track IP addresses, which I doubt, they could do something.

I can only suggest you take comfort in the fact he can only send messages, not find you in person.

Luke

By *izzymonkeyMan
over a year ago

Hiding In A Bush

Take the power back....block all single males....then only you can contact who you wish!!!

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I had the same issue I justtightened my filters up so no public pics or newbies can contact me. He even came back as a woman at one stage. Other than that you could block all messages coming through. Don't answer him back if he does get through just block constantly they finally get fed up. They want a reaction from you so don't give one no matter what they say and it can be hard not to at times.

over a year ago

"Probably not, other than block single males but that probably wouldn't stop him. If admin can track IP addresses, which I doubt, they could do something.

I can only suggest you take comfort in the fact he can only send messages, not find you in person.

Luke"

Yeah & thanks

over a year ago

"I had the same issue I justtightened my filters up so no public pics or newbies can contact me. He even came back as a woman at one stage. Other than that you could block all messages coming through. Don't answer him back if he does get through just block constantly they finally get fed up. They want a reaction from you so don't give one no matter what they say and it can be hard not to at times. "
Omg just why do they even do it in the first place it’s baffling x

over a year ago

"Take the power back....block all single males....then only you can contact who you wish!!! "
yeah have put filters on now there definitely won’t be 5 th time he contacts me

By *ay4realstr8TV/TS
over a year ago

hoyland

"As the heading suggests has blocked this man a number of times but he always makes a new profile to contact me again! I have previously told him I’m not interested + he has no verifications on his profile I know I can report him to admin but is there anything they can do to stop him from making a new account ? He’s freaking me out now "

Isn’t it possible in message filters to “block” all newbies?? Then no matter how many “new” accounts he makes he can’t talk too you x

over a year ago

"As the heading suggests has blocked this man a number of times but he always makes a new profile to contact me again! I have previously told him I’m not interested + he has no verifications on his profile I know I can report him to admin but is there anything they can do to stop him from making a new account ? He’s freaking me out now

Isn’t it possible in message filters to “block” all newbies?? Then no matter how many “new” accounts he makes he can’t talk too you x"

Just done that now thanks

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

Ditching a stalker kinda depends on how far you think he is likely to go to find you, which sounds a bit stupid, but some give up easier than others.

At a basic level, setting filters to avoid guys, new profiles, and profiles without pics, and changing your profile name might be enough.

If he is determined, he will find you.

He may track you through friends, he may have screenshotted your veries, and he may even have found you on other social media.

If he is this type of stalker, then you only have two options.

Leave Fab...permanently.

Or, mothball your current profile, to give him something to fixate on, and start a new one, with different info (location etc) so that he cant tie you to it.

Also, whatever happens, always keep evidence (screenshots, cut'n'paste etc) of everything he sends, in case you need to go nuclear and get the Police involved.

By *c1989Woman
over a year ago

Manchester

Is it possible to make yourself difficult to find.

By which I mean change your profile name, use some different photos. Rewrite your text. I suppose any veries on show would remain but I've known someone change their fab name to get around a stalker. And switch off being included in who's near. Cant stalk you if they cant find you.

A newbie account isnt newbie for long but as long as you havent given any personal info it will stay as unwanted messages. Just delete delete. No reaction. Eventually they will get bored. I hope.

over a year ago

"Ditching a stalker kinda depends on how far you think he is likely to go to find you, which sounds a bit stupid, but some give up easier than others.

At a basic level, setting filters to avoid guys, new profiles, and profiles without pics, and changing your profile name might be enough.

If he is determined, he will find you.

He may track you through friends, he may have screenshotted your veries, and he may even have found you on other social media.

If he is this type of stalker, then you only have two options.

Leave Fab...permanently.

Or, mothball your current profile, to give him something to fixate on, and start a new one, with different info (location etc) so that he cant tie you to it.

Also, whatever happens, always keep evidence (screenshots, cut'n'paste etc) of everything he sends, in case you need to go nuclear and get the Police involved."

Thanks x

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I had a stalker once, when I was new and naive. I gave him my mo no, then we met for coffee, I decided I didn't want to meet him again. 18 months later I started getting weird texts which started to get worrying.

I googled the number found him on fb, screen shot some nice family photos, sent them to him with a message saying if I heard from him again I'd give his details to the police and his wife. Happy to say that done the trick.

Hope you're ok.

over a year ago

"Is it possible to make yourself difficult to find.

By which I mean change your profile name, use some different photos. Rewrite your text. I suppose any veries on show would remain but I've known someone change their fab name to get around a stalker. And switch off being included in who's near. Cant stalk you if they cant find you.

A newbie account isnt newbie for long but as long as you havent given any personal info it will stay as unwanted messages. Just delete delete. No reaction. Eventually they will get bored. I hope.

"

x

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I had the same issue I justtightened my filters up so no public pics or newbies can contact me. He even came back as a woman at one stage. Other than that you could block all messages coming through. Don't answer him back if he does get through just block constantly they finally get fed up. They want a reaction from you so don't give one no matter what they say and it can be hard not to at times. Omg just why do they even do it in the first place it’s baffling x

I know I don't get it either. Its why I never give out too much info about my real life on here when I met and if we get on and meet again I will start to give more info but I learnt early on here keep real life private . None of my pics are connected to any other account other than here so no way to look for me using them either. I don't give out my phone number anymore made that mistake twice and regretted it. Only someone I meet regularly has it now as I know I can trust him. But ye I don't get the stalking I mean seriously do they think doing that is going to change our minds about meeting them. And you can always tell by the way they speak as well that it's them.

over a year ago

"I had a stalker once, when I was new and naive. I gave him my mo no, then we met for coffee, I decided I didn't want to meet him again. 18 months later I started getting weird texts which started to get worrying.

I googled the number found him on fb, screen shot some nice family photos, sent them to him with a message saying if I heard from him again I'd give his details to the police and his wife. Happy to say that done the trick.

Hope you're ok."

Wow well hopefully now he’ll take the tint again & I don’t use any other social network thank gawd x

By *uciyassMan
over a year ago

sheffield

Next time he messages you. You reply this

I know who you are

I know where you live

I will find you

I will come get you

And

I will killl you

Usually works for me but I do sound like Liam neeson

over a year ago

"Next time he messages you. You reply this

I know who you are

I know where you live

I will find you

I will come get you

And

I will killl you

Usually works for me but I do sound like Liam neeson "

Nice 1

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Reporting him to admin is the wisest thing to do and can increase safety for you and others. Their tools and procedures are secret but are partly as good as the information that users provide. If police action happens, they can also provide support.

If I was being troubled, I would always report. It might rest my profile, change the name, alter some details to make it harder to track and more.

You could block males from contacting you, whilst you find those you want to contact instead. You could potentially meet all at a club, even for socials, as this would deter a trouble maker as well as provide accurate identity and home details, for police follow up etc. Don't hesitate to involve the police - they are very supportive.

Implement good security for meets - others knowing who you are meeting or involve a man too, for added security.

By *icplshropsCouple
over a year ago

Rock

Stalkers will get fed up after a while.

I had one from another site; met him once and decided he wasn’t for me. Had my number, so for the next 6 weeks, he would text or ring me anytime of the day. I never answered, even when he changed his profile name and contacted me online through the same site, but silly man, kept the same write up and pictures.

Yes, I could have blocked him on my phone, but then I thought, he could use another phone to call me and I wouldn’t recognise the number.

J

over a year ago

"Take the power back....block all single males....then only you can contact who you wish!!! "

You know he's being sensible when there's only one emoji

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

"As the heading suggests has blocked this man a number of times but he always makes a new profile to contact me again! I have previously told him I’m not interested + he has no verifications on his profile I know I can report him to admin but is there anything they can do to stop him from making a new account ? He’s freaking me out now "

I feel your pain

I've had this for over 2yrs now.

New profile every month

Uses exact same bio & pics

I know it's him

I gave up reporting the profiles as he just makes fresh ones.

I check my Who's Near daily & block him as soon as I spot he's back

One of the reasons I don't meet anyone in a 30 mile radius of my house now

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

It’s very sinister that these people don’t get the message. The thought that goes through the mind to do that sort of thing is not healthy and they shouldn’t be on the site.

Not sure what further admin could do though

By *entleman JayMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

"I had a stalker once, when I was new and naive. I gave him my mo no, then we met for coffee, I decided I didn't want to meet him again. 18 months later I started getting weird texts which started to get worrying.

Hope you're ok."

Love this.

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I have one like that, I just block

By *easidegirlWoman
over a year ago

south shore

Its scary. I deleted my old profile due to this. He was local and I would spot him riding past my house multiple times a day.

My profile now has a couple of things on it that aren't strictly accurate but I make no apologies as I feel it keeps me safe and he won't know its me. X

over a year ago

X

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

Looks like she decided the only way to ditch him was to disappear, guys like this need sorting!

over a year ago

Same here... keep blocking and he deletes and sets up profile again... gah!

Post new Message to Thread