Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Glad Button won....he's cute

Jump to newest

By *atisfy jane OP   Woman
over a year ago

Torquay

What a cutie he is.....on the strength of that he deserved to win.

Shallow or what?

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

FFS WHAT is the point of taping it

Reply privately

By *ilandlarryCouple
over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

thanks!

Watching the highlights now and had managed to steer clear of the outcome!

Could you not have put a different heading?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Torquay

Just been on the news.....he looked very cute, might have to start watching it now.

Now....overalls or no overalls?

phwoaar!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reply privately

over a year ago

"FFS WHAT is the point of taping it "

glad that Hamilton crashed out on the last lap and Schuie came second...legend!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"FFS WHAT is the point of taping it "

Then don't visit anywhere online where there exists the possibility of discovering the result. Simple really. It's not Jane's fault, she can't second guess who doesn't want to know who won.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"FFS WHAT is the point of taping it

Then don't visit anywhere online where there exists the possibility of discovering the result. Simple really. It's not Jane's fault, she can't second guess who doesn't want to know who won."

She purposely worded the title of the thread making it unavoidable.. the other threads were at least titled 'F1'

If it was truly about the fact that it was about Jenson button being cute then why add the 'Glad Button won' bit as a pre fix.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Glad I don't watch it lol

If this was a real race I'd of been going mad but few weeks before gp starts.

Can't believe its even got its own channel.

Cali

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Then don't visit anywhere online where there exists the possibility of discovering the result. Simple really. It's not Jane's fault, she can't second guess who doesn't want to know who won.

She purposely worded the title of the thread making it unavoidable.. the other threads were at least titled 'F1'

If it was truly about the fact that it was about Jenson button being cute then why add the 'Glad Button won' bit as a pre fix."

I agree...it looked like it was done to annoy the people who might have taped it....how nice if this was the case.

I am glad I don't watch it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Then don't visit anywhere online where there exists the possibility of discovering the result. Simple really. It's not Jane's fault, she can't second guess who doesn't want to know who won."

Well it doesn't seem right but i agree with wizzy. If you dont want to know the result avoid places it might be. Seen it happen countless times with the football but never complained.

Reply privately

By *ilandlarryCouple
over a year ago

Well it doesn't seem right but i agree with wizzy. If you dont want to know the result avoid places it might be. Seen it happen countless times with the football but never complained. "

Actually, I didn't click in the lounge to read other parts. All I done was click on the forum link and there it was staring me in the face as it was the top thread.

I didn't go looking for any news on it, I was sat watching the highlights on telly while browsing on here.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well it doesn't seem right but i agree with wizzy. If you dont want to know the result avoid places it might be. Seen it happen countless times with the football but never complained.

Actually, I didn't click in the lounge to read other parts. All I done was click on the forum link and there it was staring me in the face as it was the top thread.

I didn't go looking for any news on it, I was sat watching the highlights on telly while browsing on here."

Same as sky's home page and the bbc news one and countless others. When i am watching a delayed broadcast of the football i just don't log in as i have seen it done dozens of times by others. Its life simple answer is not to log in rather than tell people what they shouldn't post.

Reply privately

By *mm_n_ZedCouple
over a year ago

Fareham

Now you see, I thought you were talking about a dog show and this was the name of a cute pooch. Just shows you what I know about motor racing!

Emm x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Now you see, I thought you were talking about a dog show and this was the name of a cute pooch. Just shows you what I know about motor racing!

Emm x"

Its the cars with one seat and the steering wheel in the middle.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I didn't go looking for any news on it, I was sat watching the highlights on telly while browsing on here."

Well the race couldn't have been that important to you if you were browsing on here too. Should all sporting events be avoided in case one person has recorded it and not told anyone?

Jane has as much right to post what she wants as anyone else does to avoid reading it. If I was watching something that I really wanted to see I'd.. um... watch it.

Reply privately

By *ilandlarryCouple
over a year ago

I didn't go looking for any news on it, I was sat watching the highlights on telly while browsing on here.

Same as sky's home page and the bbc news one and countless others. When i am watching a delayed broadcast of the football i just don't log in as i have seen it done dozens of times by others. Its life simple answer is not to log in rather than tell people what they shouldn't post. "

I close all social networking sites as I have football fans who are happy to post scores as they happen. I remove myself from the situation and refrain from going looking on news sites etc. I didn't think I would have to do the same here.

As someone said before, the OP's post wasn't about JB winning at all so there was no need for any reference to it ... in my opinion.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Same as sky's home page and the bbc news one and countless others. When i am watching a delayed broadcast of the football i just don't log in as i have seen it done dozens of times by others. Its life simple answer is not to log in rather than tell people what they shouldn't post.

I close all social networking sites as I have football fans who are happy to post scores as they happen. I remove myself from the situation and refrain from going looking on news sites etc. I didn't think I would have to do the same here.

As someone said before, the OP's post wasn't about JB winning at all so there was no need for any reference to it ... in my opinion."

Well it happens here too and I have never seen one person complain about spoiling the highlights.

You know now i guess for the next race people who watch live will be talking about it its simple to not log in for a few hours and not that great a hardship.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Arc and Wishy i agree that it is unavoidable to a certain extent but this thread was created in my opinion to solely piss people off who were trying to avoid it.

Its not about the fact Jenson Button is cute or there would have been no need for the 'Glad Button won' bit..

Reply privately

over a year ago

It never entered my mind that this thread was posted with the sole purpose of spoiling other people's enjoyment.

The result has been on every news programme since the race finished, it's on browser home pages too.

It's harder to avoid it than it is to find out who won it

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Arc and Wishy i agree that it is unavoidable to a certain extent but this thread was created in my opinion to solely piss people off who were trying to avoid it.

Its not about the fact Jenson Button is cute or there would have been no need for the 'Glad Button won' bit.. "

People who watched the race live came on shortly after to discuss it. Are they supposed to wait until they get the all clear from people who haven't seen - and haven't made it known they haven't seen it - before anyone else can discuss it?

I thought this forum was for anyone to discuss anything within the site rules?

As it happens, one poster did start an F1 thread and asked not to be told the result, but it was tongue in cheek and I replied with the first three places. He didn't get pissed off with me, more pissed off with himself that he couldn't watch it live.

I maintain that if someone is watching a recording of something they depserately want to see then they should concentrate on watching it and not come on here and moan because someone, who didn't know they were watching a recording, posted the result.

Reply privately

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

its a race ffs - not life or death

ok so you foud out before watching the highlights or taped programme but thats not the end of the world is it? surely most of the fun is watching how they did it, the tactics (team orders ) that got them there etc

plus cant be tht much of fan that you didnt get up at stupid o'clock to watch it i used to until i got bord of F1

Reply privately

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

although i have to say i am pretty sure Jane knew EXACTLY what she was doing and fancied a bit of trolling on a sunday

Reply privately

By *ath-N-DelCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow area

I have no interest in F1...

But even I knew Button had won! just by turning my computer on!

People should know that things like this are discussed on the forums and everywhere else!!...IF they don't want the results they should turn OFF laptops/computers/phones etc....

Reply privately

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"I have no interest in F1...

People should know that things like this are discussed on the forums and everywhere else!!...IF they don't want the results they should turn OFF laptops/computers/phones etc.... "

Have to agree with the above...

Oh and I think that Button's cute too

Reply privately

By *punkloverCouple
over a year ago

hatfield

yes very cute, unlike the grumpy Hamilton ! x

Reply privately

over a year ago

People should know that things like this are discussed on the forums and everywhere else!!...IF they don't want the results they should turn OFF laptops/computers/phones etc.... "

I've no interest either, and first I was aware was this thread

Reply privately

By *heekychezzaWoman
over a year ago

warrington

The other day on one of the F1 threads, I posted a plea for folks who had Sky not to spoilt it for us unfortunates who can't afford the subscription...but also acknowledged that it was likely that the results would be discussed prior to the race being shown.

I managed to stay clear of the TV, and anywhere on the 'net where there may have been reference to the race. I spent a very pleasant two hours this afternoon watching the BBC highlights, and was very happy with the result

The other day I posted a plea for folks who had Sky not to spoilt it for us unfortunates who can't afford the subscription...but also acknowledged that it was likely that the results would be discussed. What I didn't expect to happen was for someone to deliberately set out to spoil it....and as the OP had posted on other F1 threads I'm quite sure she knew exactly what she was doing by putting the result in the thread title. How sad is that.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"What I didn't expect to happen was for someone to deliberately set out to spoil it....and as the OP had posted on other F1 threads I'm quite sure she knew exactly what she was doing by putting the result in the thread title. How sad is that. "

Maybe she'd assumed that by the time she posted that she was offering no information that wasn't new news to anyone.

Reply privately

By *ath-N-DelCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow area

Think its quite sad that people are getting upset about finding out who won!!!!

Not like its a bloody state secret!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Think its quite sad that people are getting upset about finding out who won!!!!

Not like its a bloody state secret!!!"

Some people just like to have an axe to grind though.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Arc and Wishy i agree that it is unavoidable to a certain extent but this thread was created in my opinion to solely piss people off who were trying to avoid it.

Its not about the fact Jenson Button is cute or there would have been no need for the 'Glad Button won' bit..

People who watched the race live came on shortly after to discuss it. Are they supposed to wait until they get the all clear from people who haven't seen - and haven't made it known they haven't seen it - before anyone else can discuss it?

I thought this forum was for anyone to discuss anything within the site rules?

."

It is.

It is also a forum for others to express their view of why they think the thread was posted.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Think its quite sad that people are getting upset about finding out who won!!!!

Not like its a bloody state secret!!!

Some people just like to have an axe to grind though."

Reply privately

over a year ago

I do this if I miss a gp race.. I have some rather cruel friends who like nothing better than to try to spoil the result for me. It's turned into a joke now.. but I just avoid any and every forum.. only watch pre recorded tv and a few other precautions... Won't even read anything but my private mail from my master.

I do think that its bad form to put a result in a title.. And anything sport related should be noted with possible spoiler in the title.

Cali

Reply privately

By *adchickCouple
over a year ago

Cyprus

I think he's totally hot.

And.... my grandson was named after him as my daughter is an F1 freak.

I'd do him (Jenson Button, NOT my grandson, before some sicko twists my words)

(can I post this now as everyone knows the podium places?)

Reply privately

over a year ago

He has grown into a hottie for certain.

Wish he has not done the Head and Shoulders ad though.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

PS, I don't think he is cute

Reply privately

By *adchickCouple
over a year ago

Cyprus

"PS, I don't think he is cute"

Awwww Ruggers.........

Who do you want to drool over my lovely?

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"PS, I don't think he is cute

Awwww Ruggers.........

Who do you want to drool over my lovely? "

The man who mailed us today and I am not telling anyone his name as you will all want him before I get to have him

Reply privately

By *adchickCouple
over a year ago

Cyprus

Awwww Ruggers.........

The man who mailed us today and I am not telling anyone his name as you will all want him before I get to have him "

Now...... are you sure you don't need any help in direction of said FABster..... the posse could always prepare him for you...... get him ready .. etc .

**I'm off before Ruggers slaps me**

Reply privately

over a year ago

im a straight bloke and i fancy him

Reply privately

over a year ago

If the OP isn't a F1 fan then maybe it was a mistake on their part.

If they did know then that is tantamount to naming dogging locations or revealing football scores or worse.

Benefit of the doubt?

Who knows what the intentions were

Reply privately

over a year ago

"im a straight bloke and i fancy him "

Bummer!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

haha, told the gf also and says im weird

Reply privately

By *littylikka69Man
over a year ago

West Midlands

"The other day on one of the F1 threads, I posted a plea for folks who had Sky not to spoilt it for us unfortunates who can't afford the subscription...but also acknowledged that it was likely that the results would be discussed prior to the race being shown.

I managed to stay clear of the TV, and anywhere on the 'net where there may have been reference to the race. I spent a very pleasant two hours this afternoon watching the BBC highlights, and was very happy with the result

The other day I posted a plea for folks who had Sky not to spoilt it for us unfortunates who can't afford the subscription...but also acknowledged that it was likely that the results would be discussed. What I didn't expect to happen was for someone to deliberately set out to spoil it....and as the OP had posted on other F1 threads I'm quite sure she knew exactly what she was doing by putting the result in the thread title. How sad is that. "

was it ignored?,or did the request fall on deaf ears?.just

Reply privately

over a year ago

"im a straight bloke and i fancy him "

im straight and have a girlie crush oh rhianna.. she to me is just stunning.

Reply privately

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Bloody hell this caused a bit of a do

Reply privately

By *ath-N-DelCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow area

Yeah!

An it only crappy F1

Reply privately

over a year ago

"im a straight bloke and i fancy him

im straight and have a girlie crush oh rhianna.. she to me is just stunning. "

I'm straight, but if Zooney Rooney scores the winner against Shitty, I'll suck him off

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Awwww Ruggers.........

The man who mailed us today and I am not telling anyone his name as you will all want him before I get to have him

Now...... are you sure you don't need any help in direction of said FABster..... the posse could always prepare him for you...... get him ready .. etc .

**I'm off before Ruggers slaps me** "

Hands off!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Torquay

I truly am sorry if I spoiled the viewing for some, I thought that everyone knew the result by the time I posted it as it was the afternoon and thought it had been shown long ago.

I just saw the lovely Jenson on the news celebrating the win with his father...I think he is a real cutie (thats the son and not the father).

As for people taping the race....it would be almost impossible to turn on your computer without seeing it as it is plastered all over the net today.

So sorry folks....a mistake.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Torquay

If it was truly about the fact that it was about Jenson button being cute then why add the 'Glad Button won' bit as a pre fix."

You have far too much time on your hands if all you have to do with your day is second guess my intentions....

Try getting out more.

Reply privately

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

"I truly am sorry if I spoiled the viewing for some, I thought that everyone knew the result by the time I posted it as it was the afternoon and thought it had been shown long ago.

I just saw the lovely Jenson on the news celebrating the win with his father...I think he is a real cutie (thats the son and not the father).

As for people taping the race....it would be almost impossible to turn on your computer without seeing it as it is plastered all over the net today.

"

grrrrrr whilst shaking fist in air.

i'm just hoping you dont know who won italia 90,i've taped it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I truly am sorry if I spoiled the viewing for some, I thought that everyone knew the result by the time I posted it as it was the afternoon and thought it had been shown long ago.

... Jane, I wasn' t THAT offended! If you look at the smiley at the end of my comment it was a wink...my intention being to take the sting out of the tail x

"

Reply privately

over a year ago

If it was truly about the fact that it was about Jenson button being cute then why add the 'Glad Button won' bit as a pre fix.

You have far too much time on your hands if all you have to do with your day is second guess my intentions....

Try getting out more."

i do get out and i had a wonderful day thank you Jane

Reply privately

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

Reguardless of if you fancy him or not, Jenson Buffoon (yes I did mean to spell it that way!) has been very immature in his younger days as a race driver. I recall all of the "plum contract" chasing that didn`t come up to his expectations resulting in expensive court cases to get him out of them to chase better "plum contracts". I have also been told how he supposedly got a "casual girlfriend" pregnant and paid for her to have an abortion as being a father to an illegitamete child wouldn`t be good for his "co-orporate image". I do concede he has probably matured considerably but to me he is still "tainted".

His father is a big-headed twat too!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"i do get out and i had a wonderful day thank you Jane "

So you didn't see the race then? Was gonna ask you who won.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

And on that note, maybe time to stop this, as it does seem personal now.

Reply privately