Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Do any other couples....

Jump to newest

By *exki11en OP   Woman
over a year ago

Bristol

.....spend most of their time with theire other halves and find themselves at a bit of a loss when they find themselves with a few days alone?

I know, sad isn't it? Hubby and I have had 6 occasions over the last 8 (possibly 9) years when we've been apart for more than a day. This includes our stag & hen do's respectively, the night before the wedding, a work trip I had away, and friends hen and stag do's recently.

He's on the stag weekend this weekend and I'm wondering what on earth to do with myself!

Organising a meet or two has proved fruitless (see, it's not easy for women either- maybe i'm too picky lol) and my friends are all away doing various things this weekend (mainly because it's mothers day)

Does anyone else spent that much time with their OH's and what do you do when you find yourself at a loose end?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Only one thing for a loose end

fill it.

By *exki11en OP   Woman
over a year ago

Bristol

Hahahhaa, my end is indeed loose (not loose in that way I hasten to add! ) but it's sadly not being filled!

over a year ago

You could try the cam rooms for a change of pace

over a year ago

visit the local pub - if its still open

By *exki11en OP   Woman
over a year ago

Bristol

"You could try the cam rooms for a change of pace "

As in get on cam myself?! Aghhh, that terrifies me lol. Plus I'd have to put on a face, do my hair etc - it's been a tough day at work. Don't want to scare anyone lol. Maybe tomorrow.....

over a year ago

Have always spent most of my time with my hubby, even more so since he has been retired. I got used to being on my own when he used to work nights though, if he has to go somewhere for a couple of days, which he hardly ever does, i dont miss him too much.

By *exki11en OP   Woman
over a year ago

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 16/03/12 20:12:50]

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

no...i love being alone, my birthday pressie for my 40th was a weekend by myself...priceless

By *exki11en OP   Woman
over a year ago

Bristol

"visit the local pub - if its still open "

Hmmmmm, on my own? I was considering that tomorrow to watch the rugby but it's scary going to a pub on your own as a woman!

Tonight? Nah. Although this area isn't rough, there's a lot of erm....'interesting' locals .

Oh god. I've become dependent on hubby! Who'd have thought just a few years ago, I loved my single lifestyle and was so independent!!!

**Edited because I didn't love my 'dingle' lifestlyle lol

over a year ago

was it the dingle moment ...

over a year ago

"You could try the cam rooms for a change of pace

As in get on cam myself?! Aghhh, that terrifies me lol. Plus I'd have to put on a face, do my hair etc - it's been a tough day at work. Don't want to scare anyone lol. Maybe tomorrow..... "

Put the cam on focus from chin downwards, trust me the blokes won't be looking at your face

By *exki11en OP   Woman
over a year ago

Bristol

"You could try the cam rooms for a change of pace

As in get on cam myself?! Aghhh, that terrifies me lol. Plus I'd have to put on a face, do my hair etc - it's been a tough day at work. Don't want to scare anyone lol. Maybe tomorrow.....

Put the cam on focus from chin downwards, trust me the blokes won't be looking at your face "

By *exki11en OP   Woman
over a year ago

Bristol

"was it the dingle moment ... "

Oh dear, I've only had one drink as well! Maybe I need another.....

By *ornyTaraCouple
over a year ago

Dorset

We are together almost every minute of every day atm, and have been for the last 18 months, prior to this we lived together and worked together, although work was on the road separately.

Its lovely being so close' but its also nice to have your own space, and single sex nights out(thats a girl's or boy's night out, not a night where you only have sex once lol) are always something to look forward to.

over a year ago

It doesn't happen often to us either, but i (Sue)usually catch up with my girlfriends and have one or two girly nights in and out.

over a year ago

Due to work we spend much of our time apart... So don't really have that problem... But after we have had some time together i find it really hard for a few days as I re adjust.

But I tell myself its same as an army wife... I Just have to accept that I have to manage the times alone. At least my master isn't at great risk.

I always find it best to find things I enjoy doing alone... Or catch up on things.

Cali

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

we spend most time apart, seeing as Em lives in Ireland and I in the UK, so only get together every other wekeend.

its hell as we spend every second together when we are together, but not long ago i used to get really really depressed, but now i just look forward to the next time.

over a year ago

I usually work away a lot so Siren's used to me not being here but the last year has seen me at home almost permanently and I think I've been doing her head in lol. I went down south for two days this week and I could hear the relief in her voice when we chatted over the phone.

I don't think either of us are designed to spend every minute of every day with the same person.

Post new Message to Thread