Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

pick a mix

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I have a confession to make it must be the guilt but every time I get pick a mix in a supermarket I eat half of them befor I get to the check out it sends my wife mad ,am I the only one but are there any more pick a mix thieves out there

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ellhatterMan
over a year ago

slough

what woolies was so good for

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

cue the line of people ready to tell you you're pushing up the prices in supermarkets by your wanton theft.

Its wrong blah blah

ashamed blah blah

statistics blah blah

Ad nauseum

over a year ago

well you have to try em to make sure you like um

especially at prices dick turpin would be proud of !

buy the midget gems, but scoff the fudge !

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Didnt even know they still did pick n mix in stores, apart from cinemas, which they charge n arm n a leg for

over a year ago

nah I always pick em up, pay for em at the checkout then wander back in scoffing 'em.

Guess I'm old fashioned and believe in 'title of goods'

Wolf

over a year ago

you're pushing up the prices in supermarkets by your wanton theft.

Its wrong blah blah

ashamed blah blah

statistics blah blah

Ad nauseum

over a year ago

This is where it starts!!

Pick a mix at the shops, next thing 32" Sony Bravia starting a riot.

No shame!!

By *ellhatterMan
over a year ago

slough

"This is where it starts!!

No shame!! "

water canons ?lol

over a year ago

No shame!! water canons ?lol "

Sorry..Hosepipe Ban

over a year ago

The last time we got a pix and mix we were at haven with the kids. I filled the cup thing and took it to the till. The snotty little assistant told me that it had to be dead level in the cup and made me pick out (with my fingers i may add) any of the little sweets that were slightly protruding the top of the cup and put them back in with the rest of the sweets - yuk. She was holding it up so it was level with her eyes to make sure no tips of the sweets were breaking the law. I felt like a right pick n mix thief then but I don't in the supermarket, only because I'm too busy shopping and trying to keep the kids from wandering off to be snacking xx

over a year ago

the ones i remember most from the old woolies pick n mix were like rectangular (brick) shape with layers of licqourice and then some vivid coloured candy in between

used to love them

over a year ago

i only allow my daughter to eat hers on the way round if its in a cup, because you pay for the cup not the weight so pay the same wether its full or half full and you've eaten the other half

Only so i dont teach her bad habbits lol

over a year ago

"cue the line of people ready to tell you you're pushing up the prices in supermarkets by your wanton theft.

Its wrong blah blah

ashamed blah blah

statistics blah blah

Ad nauseum "

actually theft costs the super market nothing, i worked for asda for 15 years, i moved over to tesco last year and they both work the same, money lost from theft comes out the staffs bonus, the only people who loose out are the workers, the more you steal the less the staff get in their yearly bonus, the compay get the same

over a year ago

Why stop at the picknmix.

Go for the ready to eat meals, and a glass of champagne. If you can eat/drink/use items befor you get to the check out their free*

Might as well go for something worth while, if your going to get banned or charged with shoplifting.

* it's a lie

over a year ago

"cue the line of people ready to tell you you're pushing up the prices in supermarkets by your wanton theft.

Its wrong blah blah

ashamed blah blah

statistics blah blah

Ad nauseum

actually theft costs the super market nothing, i worked for asda for 15 years, i moved over to tesco last year and they both work the same, money lost from theft comes out the staffs bonus, the only people who loose out are the workers, the more you steal the less the staff get in their yearly bonus, the compay get the same"

I didn't know that, that's not really fair, should be up to the store to put enough security in place and therefore an thefts should fall on them. They should advertise that fact more, it would probably but alot off stealing.

over a year ago

I have perfected the knack of getting the most out of the Candy King Pick and mix stands you see at the supermarkets

either fill the cup then sneak to a disused till and weigh it and work out if you are better off going for weight or the set price of a cup

if the cup works out better value then make sure that you layer your sweet in the cup and fill the gaps with a small round sweet of your choice as you add layers (I'm a jelly bean fan but chocolate raisins work as well) they fill the gaps and you maximise your sweet toothed delight!

I really must get out more - my largest forum post for a long time and it was to do with sweets - I blame my diet and lack of indulgence (in sweets) for that

over a year ago

"actually theft costs the super market nothing, i worked for asda for 15 years, i moved over to tesco last year and they both work the same, money lost from theft comes out the staffs bonus, the only people who loose out are the workers, the more you steal the less the staff get in their yearly bonus, the company get the same"

Is that to encourage staff not to steal(Staff shrinkage is the trade term I think) and to report shoplifters?

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

No shame!! "

are orders being taken?

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

No shame!! water canons ?lol

Sorry..Hosepipe Ban"

Is it the right time to start a riot, during a hosepipe ban, or is water cannon exempt, do you think

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Its wrong blah blah

ashamed blah blah

statistics blah blah

Ad nauseum

actually theft costs the super market nothing, i worked for asda for 15 years, i moved over to tesco last year and they both work the same, money lost from theft comes out the staffs bonus, the only people who loose out are the workers, the more you steal the less the staff get in their yearly bonus, the compay get the same"

That seems so wrong on so many levels, to be making the staff pay for thefts/loss - is there no shame what these supermarkets will stoop to?

As for pricing, generally they'll want to charge as much as they can, for most stuff, their costs often have little reflection in what we punters end up paying. Like the Gillette razor blades that cost as little as 5p to be made, but sell for £££'s. The wonders of capitalism.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

That's it no more pick and mix for me unless I've paid for them you have made me feel guilty,,taking the profets from them poore supermarkets I,have learnt my lesson

over a year ago

It's the best 5 quid/ 10p mix a supermarket can have

They claim it all back through 'shrinkage'

Fill the bag, scoff away and pay for a few thats left after shopping.

Everyone's a winner!

Post new Message to Thread