Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

one liners

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So today I'm thinking, why is it that when you sit there and sculpt a nice message for someone who has winked you or friend requested you, or even sent you a little into message, that they only reply with a short one liner even though you have asked many questions.

Is it shyness, is it lack of intelligence, is it lazyness? what are your thoughts?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

I make a point of sending a message with fewer words than the one I am replying to....

What you up to? - Lots of things

How are you? - Good thanks

Hi there - hello

Hi - ........

It keeps me amused

over a year ago

i used to reply to one liners with massive essays just to get the point accross but they still dont get it lol

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You there are people who will reply to winks a messages with more than just no thanks?

wow its a whole new world out there!

over a year ago

If people come back with a short message its usually due to lack of real interest. If someone is keen on taking things further or really chatting they usually make an effort.

over a year ago

I've had this happen a few times, now.

Been messaging someone who made out they were up for chatting, and when you ask them questions in an attempt to get the conversation going, you get nothing more than answers.

To me this is the equivalent of meeting someone for a drink only to have them checking the time every few minutes. They're clearly not interested, so why bother?

over a year ago

"I've had this happen a few times, now.

Been messaging someone who made out they were up for chatting, and when you ask them questions in an attempt to get the conversation going, you get nothing more than answers.

To me this is the equivalent of meeting someone for a drink only to have them checking the time every few minutes. They're clearly not interested, so why bother?"

lol im not bothered if they are interested or not.. im not interested in meeting someone that can't hold a conversation anyway.. and its easier to do so when you have time to think about what you say (i.e when writing an email/message)

just wondering if its something more than what i think it is..

over a year ago

To me this is the equivalent of meeting someone for a drink only to have them checking the time every few minutes. They're clearly not interested, so why bother?

lol im not bothered if they are interested or not.. im not interested in meeting someone that can't hold a conversation anyway.. and its easier to do so when you have time to think about what you say (i.e when writing an email/message)

just wondering if its something more than what i think it is.. "

Well it depends on what you think it is. We tend to chat to people we are interested in and if not its just a no thanks.

over a year ago

just wondering if its something more than what i think it is..

Well it depends on what you think it is. We tend to chat to people we are interested in and if not its just a no thanks."

Well i personally think its a mixture of intelligence and social ability. but it could be something completely different,,, like shyness or as lots have said lack of interest,, but then why message or wink if your not interested.

Post new Message to Thread