Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Do Bi-males get left behind?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Iam a Bi male and I was wondering why it completely freaks some women about a male been bisexual apart from personal choice ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I much prefer bisexual men

I love MMF when both guys are bi

over a year ago

I have no problem with bi guys. Makes for a lot more fun at MMF meets

over a year ago

You my lady are diamond in the rough! XX

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

i like bi men so much i married one

over a year ago

"I much prefer bisexual men

I love MMF when both guys are bi "

exactly this.

over a year ago

"i like bi men so much i married one "
Your so lucky

over a year ago

You all are restoring my confidence in this site now ladies

over a year ago

I have been with Mrs Bus since 1995 and she has known about my sexuality from within 2 weeks into that relationship.

She isn't interested in expressing her sexuality elsewhere but has recognised my need to.

Some people find bi-men a turn on, for others it is a distinct turn off.

All I will say is we can't have everyone who takes our fancy no matter how much we would like to.

So it is very much a case of play to your audience !

over a year ago

hexham

"i like bi men so much i married one Your so lucky "

i am more than willing to share

over a year ago

Iam a Bi male and I was wondering why it completely freaks some women about a male been bisexual apart from personal choice ?

Know where you are coming from, is there a feeling of being threatened or might like? not just by females but other guy's?

My other half has it as a preference

over a year ago

They don't freak me out they just don't interest me as i like masculine men its just personal choice.

over a year ago

I never find it to be too bad to be honest. Yes there are people who don't like it, but I think it's just personal preference, like those who don't go for a particular body shape/race etc.

I don't get turned down too often for being bi.

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Bi MMF is at very top of my bucket list....

By *un_JuiceCouple
over a year ago

Nr Chester

"They don't freak me out they just don't interest me as i like masculine men its just personal choice. "

This ones both masculine and a mans man - Not in a sexual way but of course that can be on the menu

over a year ago

"They don't freak me out they just don't interest me as i like masculine men its just personal choice.

This ones both masculine and a mans man - Not in a sexual way but of course that can be on the menu "

Sorry but any man who submits to another mans desires isn't masculine in my book. I prefer a man who is in control and doesn't defer to another.

By *un_JuiceCouple
over a year ago

Nr Chester

Respect your opinion, just don,t agree with it.

That's the beauty of diversity and variety of swinging. Be mindful though that many are not what they say they are.

over a year ago

Masculine? who does the housework? hoovers, irons, cooks, goes second with the TV remote and watches what is permitted."HIM", His money is her money.

Seems that some want it all ways...........

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

" I was wondering why it completely freaks some women about a male been bisexual "

we dress better than some

over a year ago

Do Bi-males get left behind?

Only if they fall off someones back inflagrante

over a year ago

Masculinity has very little to do with sexuality.

Assuming it does merely panders to stereotype.

over a year ago

I would love two bi sexy men in my life xx john s not bi ... i find it so sexy .. be lovely me and them two x

By *averiMan
over a year ago

Swindon to bristol

"They don't freak me out they just don't interest me as i like masculine men its just personal choice.

This ones both masculine and a mans man - Not in a sexual way but of course that can be on the menu

Sorry but any man who submits to another mans desires isn't masculine in my book. I prefer a man who is in control and doesn't defer to another. "

there speaks a bisexual women...someone explain that to me!

over a year ago

Sorry but any man who submits to another mans desires isn't masculine in my book. I prefer a man who is in control and doesn't defer to another. "

I don't agree with your _iew at all, I think its extrewmely biased.

Firstly you are making huge assumptions about control and deferring to others, that's because you don't have a clear understanding.

Secondly masculiity has nothing to do with sexuality. There are many bisexual men who are very masculine, just as their are heterosexual men who are rather effeminate. All bi men do not speak like Alan Carr and wear leather hotpants.

It would be like me saying that as a bisexual woman you are not feminine and are butch - is that the case?

over a year ago

Oh and I misspelt extremely, its my phone you see (always blame your tools). I do not have a lisp

over a year ago

"They don't freak me out they just don't interest me as i like masculine men its just personal choice. "
Your bisexual, should we presume your butch and have a moustache?

How ridiculous !

over a year ago

"Oh and I misspelt extremely, its my phone you see (always blame your tools). I do not have a lisp "
Lol at the lisp

By *azzaahhWoman
over a year ago

north wales / chester

+10,00000

By *azzaahhWoman
over a year ago

north wales / chester

+10,00000

over a year ago

"They don't freak me out they just don't interest me as i like masculine men its just personal choice. Your bisexual, should we presume your butch and have a moustache?

How ridiculous !"

Indeed.

We've met with some very masculine bi lads, have also met some very masculine gay lads. Stereotype much?

I'm not sure how being man enough to admit you like it both way emasculates you.

Oh and you have more than likely shagged a bi bloke at some point. Most guys don't advertise it and won't tell you unless you're interested to know.

over a year ago

"They don't freak me out they just don't interest me as i like masculine men its just personal choice. Your bisexual, should we presume your butch and have a moustache?

How ridiculous !

Indeed.

We've met with some very masculine bi lads, have also met some very masculine gay lads.Stereotype much?

I'm not sure how being man enough to admit you like it both way emasculates you.

Oh and you have more than likely shagged a bi bloke at some point. Most guys don't advertise it

and won't tell you unless you're interested to know."

great use of big words I was too angry to think of

over a year ago

" All bi men do not speak like Alan Carr and wear leather hotpants.

"

Awww bloody 'ell, I wish someone had told me sooner

These hotpants have been chaffing me all morning !

Now I know I'm doing it all wrong, I'm off to slip into something more comfortable.

Based on the assumptions made above I think a kaftan or a sarong will be just the job.

over a year ago

All in all it's just another prick in the wall

Don't see where it's been before being a problem when it's scrubbed up and clad in rubber sausageskin... It's only the daft stigma that the tool's been used for anal. Whether it's a mans or womans arse makes no difference. Would you not play with straight guys because they do anal too?

As for Bi guys not being masculine - actually my impression is of a raised masculine status where in order to attract bot sexes you have to have something about you inside and out. Being all things to all I imagine is a delicately balanced game at best...

If you have a lisp it's simple - cunnilingus won't be as good with a short tongue

Wolf

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"

Fuck me that made me laugh... a LOT!!

Thanks very much!

I love bi men and without exception, there's nothing that makes me question their masculinity! I've yet to witness anything that makes me more horny than watching someone I fuck sucking/fucking someone else, regardless of the other person's gender. We're all different though, this is a good thing.

over a year ago

"Respect your opinion, just don,t agree with it.

That's the beauty of diversity and variety of swinging. Be mindful though that many are not what they say they are."

Mindful or not i like or dislike what i choose. We do all see things differently though, some need glasses and some don't.

By *mm_n_ZedCouple
over a year ago

Fareham

It's not just a case that we 'will' play with bi guys ... we ONLY play with bi guys. If a guy isn't bi - we're not interested. Simples.

over a year ago

How ridiculous !"

People have a right to choose and not have others _iewpoint thrust down their throat. Ridiculous is your response as it shows you don't understand people have different _iews.

over a year ago

How ridiculous !

People have a right to choose and not have others _iewpoint thrust down their throat. Ridiculous is your response as it shows you don't understand people have different _iews. "

I think she was referring to your stereotype being ridiculous not your personal choice!

over a year ago

How ridiculous !

People have a right to choose and not have others _iewpoint thrust down their throat. Ridiculous is your response as it shows you don't understand people have different _iews.

I think she was referring to your stereotype being ridiculous not your personal choice!"

What saying i prefer masculine men lol its a choice not a stereotype. Any person thinking they can assess if you stereotype from the odd paragraph on a forum is foolish.

over a year ago

Quote "People have a right to choose and not have others _iewpoint thrust down their throat. Ridiculous is your response as it shows you don't understand people have different _iews."unquote.

And people have different preferences and tastes which females as well as males should respect, which is not always the case when it comes to bi guy's.

over a year ago

How ridiculous !

I think she was referring to your stereotype being ridiculous not your personal choice!"

that's exactly what I was referring too

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)
over a year ago

birmingham

"Sorry but any man who submits to another mans desires isn't masculine in my book. I prefer a man who is in control and doesn't defer to another. "

Masculine! wtf! because one is Gay / Bi doesn't mean we're part of the tooth fairy brigade

Having been together 23 years with the ability to swing, I can assure you, we're very much in control

over a year ago

hexham

how is it in the 1950's

over a year ago

"Iam a Bi male and I was wondering why it completely freaks some women about a male been bisexual apart from personal choice ? "
There is a _iewpoint by some that bi men playing with other men are less inclined to indulge in safe sex so playing with them is more of a risk. True or not it could be the reason for some.

over a year ago

hexham

How ridiculous !

I think she was referring to your stereotype being ridiculous not your personal choice!

What saying i prefer masculine men lol its a choice not a stereotype. Any person thinking they can assess if you stereotype from the odd paragraph on a forum is foolish. "

you said bi men are not for you because they are not masculine, a ridiculous stereotype, which i shall judge u from.

over a year ago

how is it in the 1950's

"

How mature!

over a year ago

How ridiculous !

What saying i prefer masculine men lol its a choice not a stereotype. Any person thinking they can assess if you stereotype from the odd paragraph on a forum is foolish.

you said bi men are not for you because they are not masculine, a ridiculous stereotype, which i shall judge u from."

Go troll someone else!

over a year ago

hexham

so all sex to you is about submission...an interesting _iew point...when u submit to men during sex do u see yourself as inferior or their[equal?

Second;y by your idea the man getting his cock sucked is not submitting...so why wouldnt u meet him, surely he is uber masculine?

over a year ago

How ridiculous !

What saying i prefer masculine men lol its a choice not a stereotype. Any person thinking they can assess if you stereotype from the odd paragraph on a forum is foolish. "

But it is a sterotype tho, it's inferred that a bi man to you wouldn't be masculine. Which is utter tosh! Some straight lads can be effeminate, some gay lads masculine. If you don't like bi men that's totally your choice but to say they don't interest you as you prefer masculine men is a huge stereotype. And to say I'm foolish for being able to read the obvious stereotype in that is insulting my intelligence.

over a year ago

How ridiculous !

you said bi men are not for you because they are not masculine, a ridiculous stereotype, which i shall judge u from.

Go troll someone else! "

I would just ignore no point feeding them.

over a year ago

how is it in the 1950's

How mature! "

I didn't think the statement smacked of immaturity.

It just pointed out that the original _iewpoint was quite a 'old fashioned' one

over a year ago

Quote"There is a _iewpoint by some that bi men playing with other men are less inclined to indulge in safe sex so playing with them is more of a risk. True or not it could be the reason for some."unquote.

During my sexual life time I have caught two STI or STD's and funnily from females, so far nothing from male partners.

So not a very wise comment as far as catching things go.

over a year ago

hexham

How ridiculous !

Go troll someone else! "

Dont you like your sterotypes and assumptions being challenged?

Which isnt trolling by the way, though your comment on a forum where there are many bi couples was very close to.

If my comments annoy you it may be because you are being made to think and that makes you defensive.Perhaps some time away from the computer to consider the foolishness of what you said and admission it was ill thought out might be a good idea.

There is no shame in admitting you were wrong

over a year ago

How ridiculous !

But it is a sterotype tho, it's inferred that a bi man to you wouldn't be masculine. Which is utter tosh! Some straight lads can be effeminate, some gay lads masculine. If you don't like bi men that's totally your choice but to say they don't interest you as you prefer masculine men is a huge stereotype. And to say I'm foolish for being able to read the obvious stereotype in that is insulting my intelligence."

I like what i like and dislike what i dislike if you fail to understand that then so be it we all have our own opinions.

over a year ago

How ridiculous !

But it is a sterotype tho, it's inferred that a bi man to you wouldn't be masculine. Which is utter tosh! Some straight lads can be effeminate, some gay lads masculine. If you don't like bi men that's totally your choice but to say they don't interest you as you prefer masculine men is a huge stereotype. And to say I'm foolish for being able to read the obvious stereotype in that is insulting my intelligence.

I like what i like and dislike what i dislike if you fail to understand that then so be it we all have our own opinions. "

Everyone can like who they like and dislike who they choose to dislike however you will find that some will decide you are not allowed an opinion and try and force feed you theirs. People who do that really aren't worth bothering with so ignore is you best option.

over a year ago

hexham

How ridiculous !

I like what i like and dislike what i dislike if you fail to understand that then so be it we all have our own opinions. "

No one is challenging your right to meet who you want, simply your outdated stereotypes which are clearly not based on experience.

over a year ago

How ridiculous !

I'm not failing to understand that! You couldn't be more wrong. I failed to understand you're reasonings, not your choice!

over a year ago

hexham

how is it in the 1950's

How mature!

I didn't think the statement smacked of immaturity.

It just pointed out that the original _iewpoint was quite a 'old fashioned' one "

Now now darling, get back to picking flowers and submitting to mens desires, this isnt the place for your sort

over a year ago

How ridiculous !

I like what i like and dislike what i dislike if you fail to understand that then so be it we all have our own opinions. Everyone can like who they like and dislike who they choose to dislike however you will find that some will decide you are not allowed an opinion and try and force feed you theirs. People who do that really aren't worth bothering with so ignore is you best option. "

We're not saying she isn't allowed an opinion, not at all. I'm challenging her stereotype, not her likes and dislikes. Not sure how many times I will have to say that before it sinks in.

over a year ago

hexham

How ridiculous !

I like what i like and dislike what i dislike if you fail to understand that then so be it we all have our own opinions. Everyone can like who they like and dislike who they choose to dislike however you will find that some will decide you are not allowed an opinion and try and force feed you theirs. People who do that really aren't worth bothering with so ignore is you best option.

We're not saying she isn't allowed an opinion, not at all. I'm challenging her stereotype, not her likes and dislikes. Not sure how many times I will have to say that before it sinks in."

i am afraid someone who has a personal problem with me is now going to argue on this thread till black is white...best ignore their comments,who knows what they really think

over a year ago

One thing we have seen that has put us off SOME bi men when we have been dogging (who claim to be straight) is those that have been slagging off the bummers and trannies and yet miraculously at 2 o'clock in the morning you will see them in a dark corner scuttling and playing with either of them

Then again, maybe it's just the liars that turn us off.

over a year ago

How ridiculous !

I like what i like and dislike what i dislike if you fail to understand that then so be it we all have our own opinions. Everyone can like who they like and dislike who they choose to dislike however you will find that some will decide you are not allowed an opinion and try and force feed you theirs. People who do that really aren't worth bothering with so ignore is you best option.

We're not saying she isn't allowed an opinion, not at all. I'm challenging her stereotype, not her likes and dislikes. Not sure how many times I will have to say that before it sinks in."

Well there are so so so many bi alpha males out there aren't there! Must be 95 % of bi males are dominant and masculine!

Lets face it in reality most bi males are not masculine or dominant and that's what she prefers!

over a year ago

"Well there are so so so many bi alpha males out there aren't there! Must be 95 % of bi males are dominant and masculine!

Lets face it in reality most bi males are not masculine or dominant and that's what she prefers! "

and neither are 95% of straight males

over a year ago

hexham

How ridiculous !

We're not saying she isn't allowed an opinion, not at all. I'm challenging her stereotype, not her likes and dislikes. Not sure how many times I will have to say that before it sinks in.

Well there are so so so many bi alpha males out there aren't there! Must be 95 % of bi males are dominant and masculine!

Lets face it in reality most bi males are not masculine or dominant and that's what she prefers! "

99% of Doms i have met are bi to some extent, in that they enjoy getting men and women to submit to them...my experience is from real life...what is yours based on?

over a year ago

How ridiculous !

It sounds very much like you are trying to tell me how to think its unwelcome as k can make my own choices.

over a year ago

quote"Well there are so so so many bi alpha males out there aren't there! Must be 95 % of bi males are dominant and masculine!

Lets face it in reality most bi males are not masculine or dominant and that's what she prefers!"unquote.

What has masculinity or being dominant got to do with a sexual preferance?

It has more to do with who is in charge and its not very often the male that controls the household/relationship, just glad my wife is not masculine or dominant, er maybe a little bit would be nice!.

over a year ago

"Well there are so so so many bi alpha males out there aren't there! Must be 95 % of bi males are dominant and masculine!

Lets face it in reality most bi males are not masculine or dominant and that's what she prefers!

and neither are 95% of straight males "

Pedantic but the percentage figures were picked out of the air. Would you say that bi males are more or less masculine than a straight males?

over a year ago

How ridiculous !

Ah I see, you have the same stereotype.

How many bi lads have you met? How many bi lads have we met? I think I'm better placed to categorically state that that is not the case. We have the same like for masculine men, don't like effeminate men at all. My man and pretty much all the bi men we have ever met could quite easily be described as alpha males, not a limp handshake in sight! The fact that someone is bi does not make them any less masculine. Masculinity is in your demeanour not in the things you do sexually.

over a year ago

Why is it that when people cannot offer an explanation to what they've previously posted, they switch to the 'you're a troll' accusation.

That is noone trolling here, don't be daft, its a simple question.

Noone is questioning a preference, but when a statement like 'bi men are not masculine' is questioned then people are just enquiring as to why that assumption is being made. Its a stereotype.

A stereotypical _iew of two women having sex together is that 'one is butch and takes the male role'. As a bisexual women do you agree with that statement. If you do not, then why is it different for men.

Not trolling, I have no issue with you and I am not trying to cause deliberate unrest on the forum. I am simply asking a question.

over a year ago

Isn't the submissive act (if any) just for the duration of the (sex) scene. Is it not just sexual switching. Is not a man a man at any other time, no greater or lesser than the sum of his parts, or the markings on his certificate of birth?

I am confuzzled that indulging in any pleasure can ever make someone lesser than what they are. That is like saying like Sampson, all men with their hair cut are without potency (strength).

Wolf

over a year ago

How ridiculous !

99% of Doms i have met are bi to some extent, in that they enjoy getting men and women to submit to them...my experience is from real life...what is yours based on? "

Well I don't live in a small pond like yourself and really don't feel like feeding you and your rants. Feel free to interrogate someone else who may enjoy it.

over a year ago

hexham

How ridiculous !

99% of Doms i have met are bi to some extent, in that they enjoy getting men and women to submit to them...my experience is from real life...what is yours based on?

Well I don't live in a small pond like yourself and really don't feel like feeding you and your rants. Feel free to interrogate someone else who may enjoy it. "

Pond...strange i thought i lived in a house...but if you have nothing to back up your statement then fine...i think your reply proves you made it up.

btw u would know if i was ranting

over a year ago

How ridiculous !

How many bi lads have you met? How many bi lads have we met? I think I'm better placed to categorically state that that is not the case. We have the same like for masculine men, don't like effeminate men at all. My man and pretty much all the bi men we have ever met could quite easily be described as alpha males, not a limp handshake in sight! The fact that someone is bi does not make them any less masculine. Masculinity is in your demeanour not in the things you do sexually. "

No I don't have any stereotype just experience from 18 years in the fetish scene (you were probably still at school when I started) . There is nothing wrong with many bi men choosing to play a submissive role I am partial to them myself from time to time. I think you are confusing personal experience with stereotypes there.

over a year ago

hexham

How ridiculous !

How many bi lads have you met? How many bi lads have we met? I think I'm better placed to categorically state that that is not the case. We have the same like for masculine men, don't like effeminate men at all. My man and pretty much all the bi men we have ever met could quite easily be described as alpha males, not a limp handshake in sight! The fact that someone is bi does not make them any less masculine. Masculinity is in your demeanour not in the things you do sexually.

No I don't have any stereotype just experience from 18 years in the fetish scene (you were probably still at school when I started) . There is nothing wrong with many bi men choosing to play a submissive role I am partial to them myself from time to time. I think you are confusing personal experience with stereotypes there. "

ahhhh, it all becomes clear...i wondered where the personal animus came from...say hi to the yorkshire folk from me

over a year ago

"

No I don't have any stereotype just experience from 18 years in the fetish scene (you were probably still at school when I started) . There is nothing wrong with many bi men choosing to play a submissive role I am partial to them myself from time to time. I think you are confusing personal experience with stereotypes there. "

Well I'm not sure what kind of bi males you get in the fetish scene. I'm not part of the fetish scene, so you could be right with your figures as far as fetish-land goes. This thread wasn't about the bi males that like to submit as part of a fetish tho, just bi males in general and from our personal experience from bi men in general, those figures are well off! And you can't assume that because one is bi he likes to submit or is any way less masculine than a straight man.

over a year ago

"

No I don't have any stereotype just experience from 18 years in the fetish scene (you were probably still at school when I started) . There is nothing wrong with many bi men choosing to play a submissive role I am partial to them myself from time to time. I think you are confusing personal experience with stereotypes there.

Well I'm not sure what kind of bi males you get in the fetish scene. I'm not part of the fetish scene, so you could be right with your figures as far as fetish-land goes. This thread wasn't about the bi males that like to submit as part of a fetish tho, just bi males in general and from our personal experience from bi men in general, those figures

are well off! And you can't assume that because one is bi he likes to submit or is any way less masculine than a straight man. "

Here here

over a year ago

Pedantic but the percentage figures were picked out of the air. Would you say that bi males are more or less masculine than a straight males?"

being pedantic is all part of my femininity

for me, masculinity is more about a look and an attitude : a perception

on here, we are provided with a tool that affects that perception in that we can define ourselves as bi, straight, or gay

that will fit into peoples choices and ideals or it won't

not everyone is totally honest with themselves or others in relation to those 'labels'

so based on a mans look and demeanour you may assume him to be masculine, yet using other peoples measures that masculinity is stripped away based on a change of status.

i do agree on 1 thing though - that of the men i meet, the majority seem to be interested in pleasuring me

that, to me, suggests they are the kind of 'lover' who gets his kicks from pleasuring the other party as opposed to being the pleasured.

it is likely that with a female partner, that same guy will be more than likely into going down on her too

but we don't strip him of any masculinity for that, so why strip him of it cos he takes pleasure from giving pleasure to another man ?

it is after all an expression of his sexual self as opposed to his wider self

over a year ago

"

Well I'm not sure what kind of bi males you get in the fetish scene. I'm not part of the fetish scene, so you could be right with your figures as far as fetish-land goes. This thread wasn't about the bi males that like to submit as part of a fetish tho, just bi males in general and from our personal experience from bi men in general, those figures are well off! And you can't assume that because one is bi he likes to submit or is any way less masculine than a straight man. "

I use fetish as a large umbrella for aspects that are not as some say vanilla based. Take it as read i have met a number of bi men both in scenarios and socially.I am not saying bi men are all submissive far from it but an accurate assessment from personal experience is that bi men as a group are less masculine than straight men. within that group you will et people at both ends of the scale.

A question for you if you are prepared to answer it honestly. Do you think bi men as a group are more or less masculine than straight men as a group?

over a year ago

Pedantic but the percentage figures were picked out of the air. Would you say that bi males are more or less masculine than a straight males?

being pedantic is all part of my femininity

for me, masculinity is more about a look and an attitude : a perception

on here, we are provided with a tool that affects that perception in that we can define ourselves as bi, straight, or gay

that will fit into peoples choices and ideals or it won't

not everyone is totally honest with themselves or others in relation to those 'labels'

so based on a mans look and demeanour you may assume him to be masculine, yet using other peoples measures that masculinity is stripped away based on a change of status.

i do agree on 1 thing though - that of the men i meet, the majority seem to be interested in pleasuring me

that, to me, suggests they are the kind of 'lover' who gets his kicks from pleasuring the other party as opposed to being the pleasured.

it is likely that with a female partner, that same guy will be more than likely into going down on her too

but we don't strip him of any masculinity for that, so why strip him of it cos he takes pleasure from giving pleasure to another man ?

it is after all an expression of his sexual self as opposed to his wider self "

Answered as a politician would without giving a straight answer to the question.(Please excuse the pun)

Unfortunately the thread was about how women perceive bi men posed by the OP which is what some women have done and low and behold when answers were not liked aggressively quizzed which is the norm on here.

over a year ago

"

Well I'm not sure what kind of bi males you get in the fetish scene. I'm not part of the fetish scene, so you could be right with your figures as far as fetish-land goes. This thread wasn't about the bi males that like to submit as part of a fetish tho, just bi males in general and from our personal experience from bi men in general, those figures are well off! And you can't assume that because one is bi he likes to submit or is any way less masculine than a straight man.

I use fetish as a large umbrella for aspects that are not as some say vanilla based. Take it as read i have met a number of bi men both in scenarios and socially.I am not saying bi men are all submissive far from it but an accurate assessment from personal experience is that bi men as a group are less masculine than straight men. within that group you will et people at both ends of the scale.

A question for you if you are prepared to answer it honestly. Do you think bi men as a group are more or less masculine than straight men as a group?"

I just don't group people like that, that in itself is stereotyping and not something I like to do. But as I said, pretty much all of the bi men we meet have been masculine as effeminate doesn't do it for me. So we can't make the assumption that bi men are effeminate or straight men as masculine. If I answer your question then aren't I too stereotyping one way or the other?

over a year ago

"

A question for you if you are prepared to answer it honestly. Do you think bi men as a group are more or less masculine than straight men as a group?"

As a bi man who has gay and bi friends as well as straight ones, I can honestly say that some of my straight mates can outcamp the gayers by a bloody mile.

To counter that though, I would say that most of the meets I have are with males who are more submissive than I am.

So is there a confusion here between masculinity and submissiveness ?

The two don't marry up for me - submissive in the bedroom does not equate to being less than masculine in general life.

over a year ago

"

A question for you if you are prepared to answer it honestly. Do you think bi men as a group are more or less masculine than straight men as a group?

I just don't group people like that, that in itself is stereotyping and not something I like to do. But as I said, pretty much all of the bi men we meet have been masculine as effeminate doesn't do it for me. So we can't make the assumption that bi men are effeminate or straight men as masculine. If I answer your question then aren't I too stereotyping one way or the other? "

I wasn't asking you to do anything other than answer the question posed. I understand you pick men that are not effeminate, as that's your choice I don't buy the reply you gave though as it was an avoidance reply, everyone makes subconscious assessments like it or not and to be honest I didn't expect you to answer the question as it possibly would have been prejudicial against your point.

over a year ago

"

I wasn't asking you to do anything other than answer the question posed. I understand you pick men that are not effeminate, as that's your choice I don't buy the reply you gave though as it was an avoidance reply, everyone makes subconscious assessments like it or not and to be honest I didn't expect you to answer the question as it possibly would have been prejudicial against your point. "

There was no avoidance, simply pointing out that grouping people is the very essence of stereotyping.

over a year ago

"

As a bi man who has gay and bi friends as well as straight ones, I can honestly say that some of my straight mates can outcamp the gayers by a bloody mile.

To counter that though, I would say that most of the meets I have are with males who are more submissive than I am.

So is there a confusion here between masculinity and submissiveness ?

The two don't marry up for me - submissive in the bedroom does not equate to being less than masculine in general life."

Now that's a really good reply and I wouldn't disagree with some what you are saying. Possibly the point that is being missed is that what a woman sees as masculine and what a male and a bi male see as masculine can be very different.

over a year ago

"

I wasn't asking you to do anything other than answer the question posed. I understand you pick men that are not effeminate, as that's your choice I don't buy the reply you gave though as it was an avoidance reply, everyone makes subconscious assessments like it or not and to be honest I didn't expect you to answer the question as it possibly would have been prejudicial against your point.

There was no avoidance, simply pointing out that grouping people is the very essence of stereotyping."

Total avoidance as I see it, can see why but we will have to agree to differ.

over a year ago

"Answered as a politician would without giving a straight answer to the question.(Please excuse the pun)

Unfortunately the thread was about how women perceive bi men posed by the OP which is what some women have done and low and behold when answers were not liked aggressively quizzed which is the norm on here.

"

The OP's initial post wasn't how women perceive bi men, but why some are freaked out by them.

At no point did he ask if bi-men were _iewed as being less than masculine which was a question posed by yourself in response to some of the strong _iews above.

As has been said numerous times, Katies choices were not in question, merely her inferred stereotype that bi men are less than masculine.

I apologise if you feel my answer was less than direct so to qualify.

As a whole, no I don't believe bi men are any less masculine than straight men.

I do however feel than many bi men express submissive tendancies in their sexual encounters with other males.

Being submissive in the bedroom however does not emasculate them in any way shape or form.

Sex is recreational and for fun and pleasure.

It is not a fight to be 'top dog'

Neither is it survival of the fittest with the loser being seen as any less of a man than the winner.

over a year ago

"

There was no avoidance, simply pointing out that grouping people is the very essence of stereotyping.

Total avoidance as I see it, can see why but we will have to agree to differ."

Love the fact that you see my refusal to answer as avoidance, instead of seeing your question as an incitement to stereotype. But you're right, we'll agree to differ. Can't say the same thing over an over again if you're talking to a brick wall.

over a year ago

".I am not saying bi men are all submissive far from it but an accurate assessment from personal experience is that bi men as a group are less masculine than straight men."

A very good reason why so many straight men,(going by profiles not just on here), are actually bi once contacted.

over a year ago

"

Love the fact that you see my refusal to answer as avoidance, instead of seeing your question as an incitement to stereotype. But you're right, we'll agree to differ. Can't say the same thing over an over again if you're talking to a brick wall. "

At least you are prepared to admit you are refusing to answer. I don't blame you as it wouldn't help your argument.

over a year ago

We know people from all walks of life and sexual persuations.

To look at them in everyday life you wouldn't know what sexuality they were, you wouldn't bat an eyelid talking to them in social circumstances.

What they do in privacy is up to them.

over a year ago

"The OP's initial post wasn't how women perceive bi men, but why some are freaked out by them.

At no point did he ask if bi-men were _iewed as being less than masculine which was a question posed by yourself in response to some of the strong _iews above.

As has been said numerous times, Katies choices were not in question, merely her inferred stereotype that bi men are less than masculine.

"

No he didn’t ask if bi men were less masculine that was a reply by the OP based on I would assume personal experience not a stereotype and to constantly infer that by many amasses to a form of bullying as I see it but that’s another thread.

"I apologise if you feel my answer was less than direct so to qualify.

As a whole, no I don't believe bi men are any less masculine than straight men.

I do however feel than many bi men express submissive tendencies in their sexual encounters with other males.

Being submissive in the bedroom however does not emasculate them in any way shape or form. "

You may have a point to some degree there but how many women see masculinity is different to you. Many see any sort of submissive act by a male as losing his masculinity that’s where the “have you cut his balls off” phrase comes from

"

Sex is recreational and for fun and pleasure.

It is not a fight to be 'top dog'

Neither is it survival of the fittest with the loser being seen as any less of a man than the winner. "

In the main part true but the animalistic part of a woman in the hunter gatherer past would lead a woman to choose a dominant masculine man who can provide. Granted that’s long and distant in our past but some choice patterns are still there deep down and that is what attracts them. It doesn’t go for all women but may explain a little to the thread starter why some avoid.

over a year ago

"Masculinity has very little to do with sexuality.

Assuming it does merely panders to stereotype.

"

over a year ago

"

Love the fact that you see my refusal to answer as avoidance, instead of seeing your question as an incitement to stereotype. But you're right, we'll agree to differ. Can't say the same thing over an over again if you're talking to a brick wall.

At least you are prepared to admit you are refusing to answer. I don't blame you as it wouldn't help your argument."

Oh course I admit I am refusing to stereotype people! The fact that it was a stereotype in the first place WAS my argument, so how would me then stereotyping either one was OR the other make me anything but a hypocrite. I can assure you I'm neither a hypocrite NOR do I group people and stereotype them. The fact that I refuse to answer can ONLY benefit my argument.

over a year ago

"

At least you are prepared to admit you are refusing to answer. I don't blame you as it wouldn't help your argument.

Oh course I admit I am refusing to stereotype people! The fact that it was a stereotype in the first place WAS my argument, so how would me then stereotyping either one was OR the other make me anything but a hypocrite. I can assure you I'm neither a hypocrite NOR do I group people and stereotype them. The fact that I refuse to answer can ONLY benefit my argument."

Strange you say that as earlier in this thread you put "My man and pretty much all the bi men we have ever met could quite easily be described as alpha males, not a limp handshake in sight!"

Now that is stereotyping which you say you don't do!

over a year ago

"

Oh course I admit I am refusing to stereotype people! The fact that it was a stereotype in the first place WAS my argument, so how would me then stereotyping either one was OR the other make me anything but a hypocrite. I can assure you I'm neither a hypocrite NOR do I group people and stereotype them. The fact that I refuse to answer can ONLY benefit my argument.

Strange you say that as earlier in this thread you put "My man and pretty much all the bi men we have ever met could quite easily be described as alpha males, not a limp handshake in sight!"

"

Ah did you try hard to find that little bit there did ya? That's funny. It actually has me lolling all over. No, I wouldn't describe someone with a limp handshake to be masculine. I can tell the difference between a masculine man and an effeminate one that's all that says!

over a year ago

bi males can fuck and be fucked at same time

over a year ago

"

Ah did you try hard to find that little bit there did ya? That's funny. It actually has me lolling all over. No, I wouldn't describe someone with a limp handshake to be masculine. I can tell the difference between a masculine man and an effeminate one that's all that says!"

I really didn't have to look far as its a classic piece of stereotyping. You do know what stereotyping is don't you? I assumed so as you had used the word so many times.

over a year ago

Just so you know. A stereotype is a popular belief about specific types of individuals. The concepts of "stereotype" and "prejudice" are often confused with many other different meanings. Stereotypes are standardized and simplified conceptions of groups based on some prior assumptions. Another name for stereotyping is bias. A bias is a tendency, most of these are good like knowing to eat food instead of paper clips, but sometimes stereotyping can turn into discrimination if we misinterpret a bias and act upon it in a negative manner.[1]

over a year ago

I didnt mean my original post to get this deep and meaningful! LOL

over a year ago

"

Ah did you try hard to find that little bit there did ya? That's funny. It actually has me lolling all over. No, I wouldn't describe someone with a limp handshake to be masculine. I can tell the difference between a masculine man and an effeminate one that's all that says!

I really didn't have to look far as its a classic piece of stereotyping. You do know what stereotyping is don't you? I assumed so as you had used the word so many times.

"

How is that stereotyping? If i met someone with a limp handshake I wouldn't think hey that's a masculine man. No I would think that to be effeminate as it's an effeminate action. To know the difference between masculine and feminine actions is not stereotyping. To group a whole section of people into sharing those actions is.

You do know the difference between masculine and effeminate don't you?

over a year ago

"I didnt mean my original post to get this deep and meaningful! LOL "

Most treads are not started with that intention people pick up on things said. You will find that many do like bi males others not as you will have preferences too. There is nothing wrong with asking a question though even if you dont get answers to what you ask.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 14/03/12 17:06:53]

over a year ago

Is that the answer to the original question?

"Iam a Bi male and I was wondering why it completely freaks some women about a male been bisexual apart from personal choice" ?

Certainly moved off the topic.

over a year ago

"

How is that stereotyping? If i met someone with a limp handshake I wouldn't think hey that's a masculine man. No I would think that to be effeminate as it's an effeminate action. To know the difference between masculine and feminine actions is not stereotyping. To group a whole section of people into sharing those actions is.

You do know the difference between masculine and effeminate don't you? "

I will simplfy things for you but i am sure you will still shout the black ink is white.

Saying “pretty much all the bi men we have ever met could quite easily be described as alpha males” is stereotyping the males you have met. You are making a judgement and stereotyping them as alpha males.

over a year ago

"

You do know the difference between masculine and effeminate don't you?

I will simplfy things for you but i am sure you will still shout the black ink is white.

Saying “pretty much all the bi men we have ever met could quite easily be described as alpha males” is stereotyping the males you have met. You are making a judgement and stereotyping them as alpha males. "

How can you stereotype people you have met? Really... where is your logic in that. It's a description of the men I know, based on the fact that I've seen what they are like. I know they do not have any effeminate qualities. I'm not making assumption on a whole group of people. I'm describing my friends. Theres a big difference to being descriptive and stereotyping.

over a year ago

"Iam a Bi male and I was wondering why it completely freaks some women about a male been bisexual apart from personal choice ? "

My best meet was a bi man I dont know why some are freaked as you put it but I love nothing more than a sexy meet with a bi man who knows what he wants in bed and if that's another bi man with us great

over a year ago

To get back to the original post. Yes we love bi men!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 14/03/12 17:27:54]

over a year ago

"I didnt mean my original post to get this deep and meaningful! LOL "
You bloody trouble maker

over a year ago

Some of the most masculine men I have met ....... rugby-playing beer swilling, uniform wearing guys ..... are bisexual.

Yet they are the rough and ready 'hero type' alpha males that straight women lust and swoon over in the forums and chat rooms.

over a year ago

Sorry, just mis-read the thread. I thought it said "Do bi males get it in the behind."

What a nobhead!!

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"Some of the most masculine men I have met ....... rugby-playing beer swilling, uniform wearing guys ..... are bisexual.

"

thanks, I do try and mix it up a bit with some campness......

but once I have a pint in my hand and looking at a pair of tits........ I revert back to alpha

over a year ago

"

but once I have a pint in my hand and looking at a pair of tits........ I revert back to alpha"

..... me too.

over a year ago

" many women see masculinity is different to you. Many see any sort of submissive act by a male as losing his masculinity

In the main part true but the animalistic part of a woman in the hunter gatherer past would lead a woman to choose a dominant masculine man who can provide.

Granted that’s long and distant in our past but some choice patterns are still there deep down and that is what attracts them.

"

I think in those two statements you make a valid judgement.

I was going the mention the 'mills and boon' effect in an earlier thread but thought I'd gone on for long enough.

It's that scoop me up and have your wanton way with me approach and I do understand that.

BUT (you knew there was one coming surely ? ), I still think to emasculate all bi men on that basis alone does come across as an old fashioned stance and does stereotype.

I think for me, Laine's comments summed it up - that sometimes, even the hero's like a bit of cock.

Anyway enough for 1 day, I am off to pick some daisies and maybe find a Gladiator to shag

over a year ago

If you can't find a gladiator I know a few marines who'd be up for a shag.

over a year ago

"If you can't find a gladiator I know a few marines who'd be up for a shag. "

stop teasing now !

over a year ago

"Sorry, just mis-read the thread. I thought it said "Do bi males get it in the behind."

What a nobhead!! "

Lol

over a year ago

I think gay and bi men get a bum rap!

See what I did there?

Bum rap?

I love my jokes

Shame noby else does though

over a year ago

"I think gay and bi men get a bum rap!

See what I did there?

Bum rap?

I love my jokes

Shame noby else does though "

*nobody*

I was laughing

over a year ago

"I think gay and bi men get a bum rap!

See what I did there?

Bum rap?

I love my jokes

Shame noby else does though "

haha. you always lighten the mood =)

And you're wrong cos we love your jokes too

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

I prefer to meet straight men....that's my choice and I don't feel the need to explain my reasons why to anyone.

Hope that's ok with everyone?

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"I prefer to meet straight men....that's my choice and I don't feel the need to explain my reasons why to anyone.

"

No, of course it is not OK.... for goodness sake... you need to explain and fully justify why not.

get a grip Jane xx

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"I prefer to meet straight men....that's my choice and I don't feel the need to explain my reasons why to anyone.

No, of course it is not OK.... for goodness sake... you need to explain and fully justify why not.

get a grip Jane xx"

I'm not gripping anything!....

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

get a grip Jane xx

I'm not gripping anything!.... "

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

That took me ages to read.

Right...can we have less personal remarks against the people you are meant to be debating with.

If you think a poster is " out to get you" then don't quote their posts or answer them...ignore ignore ignore.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

I am not sure if it freaks women out.....but some women don't want to play with bi men.

over a year ago

"If you think a poster is " out to get you" then don't quote their posts or answer them...ignore ignore ignore.

"

Who said that?

over a year ago

"Some of the most masculine men I have met ....... rugby-playing beer swilling, uniform wearing guys ..... are bisexual.

Yet they are the rough and ready 'hero type' alpha males that straight women lust and swoon over in the forums and chat rooms. "

Have to agree with this! I don't meet with guys one to one - but so far all the meets with couples where there's been any male/male involvement have been with normal, perfectly 'masculine' blokes you wouldn't look at any differently walking down the street.

Just taken me an age to read through the entire thread - but for all those still of the belief that any guy who is in the least bit bi or curious is any less masculine - given the OP's profile name the first name that sprung to my mind was Welsh rugby legend Gareth Thomas. And what an effeminate, mincing submissive he is! lol (Although you can tell him - not me!)

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"If you think a poster is " out to get you" then don't quote their posts or answer them...ignore ignore ignore.

Who said that? "

over a year ago

Blimey, wheres Harry Hill when you need him.

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Each to their own over what they do or don't like. I've not found that I've been left behind. If someone doesn't wish to meet a bi guy it is up to them, no skin off my nose, plenty do.

Post new Message to Thread