Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Costco

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Anyone a member? Are the discounts worth the £27 membership fee?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *edbagioMan
over a year ago

ripon

yes am a memmber ;some things are cheap

but to be honest just a day out for me.

some stuff like pasta you can get in morrisons on offer cheaper

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Friend of mine said she got her membership for £30, last year i think..but the big silly never got around to going...i think you gotta be sure its really gonna be used, make it a regular haunt every weekend shopping, to get yer moneys worth

By *ellhatterMan
over a year ago

slough

never been

over a year ago

We didnt find it much cheaper and in some cases the stuff worked our more expensive than the supermarket..

didnt think it was worth spending nearly 30 quid to join ..

over a year ago

Its only worth if it you have the spare cash to buy the bulk buys when they are on special offer and have the storage space for several thousand loo roll.

Of course their is the pizza......

over a year ago

I used to buy in bulk at costco but I found the kids ate in bulk to keep up, so it worked out I was spending more shopping there.

Went back to supermarket shopping and cut down a bit, they stopped inviting half their friends in for food.

over a year ago

I have been a member for several years, remember you can split the cost of membership by having one of your family as a member and they can pay half. I think all electrical goods i.e tv's etc have a free 5 year guarantee. If something you bought years ago stops working take it back and they will give you your money back. There are bargains to be had, but do not expect everything to be cheaper. The bad thing about the place is you go in to buy loo rolls and dog food and come out with a trolley full and an empty wallet.

By *amschwingerzCouple
over a year ago

West

We were members last year but let it lapse..our 'local' one is 40 miles away..

The quality of some of the food is absolutely first class..especially the meat and pastries..

Lots of things are good value...but you need to use the shop often to get your money back..

Some things are cheaper in Asda or the other supermarkets..but you always find that in those sort of places..

In general its worth a look..if you dont like it dont rejoin..

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

I would say no....we joined to get a telly on offer as even with the joining fee it was cheaper....but havn't found anything cheaper than the shops since.

By *eamCouple
over a year ago

Exeter

we are members great for alcohol and pet foods loo rolls

over a year ago

The nearest one to me is about one hour's drive away, and I doubt if I would buy sufficient about of food in bulk to justify the membership fee.

Post new Message to Thread