Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Nights

Jump to newest

By *azzaahh OP   Woman
over a year ago

north wales / chester

arghh just started working nights and struggling to sleep in the day apart...any suggestions ??

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

more sex?

over a year ago

night nurse, the green one, i used to have a bottle next to my bed and take a big swig out of it, lol

over a year ago

Blackout blinds

over a year ago

Try not to sleep as soon as you get home even though you're probably exhausted. Have a light snack and a non alcoholic drink, watch some telly or listen to some music and after about an hour go to bed.

I've worked shifts for years now and have tried loads of things including tablets, booze and even going for a run when I get home. Staying up a bit works the best for me.

Hope you get into it soon, there are some good bits about working nights but not many!

over a year ago

"Try not to sleep as soon as you get home even though you're probably exhausted. Have a light snack and a non alcoholic drink, watch some telly or listen to some music and after about an hour go to bed.

I've worked shifts for years now and have tried loads of things including tablets, booze and even going for a run when I get home. Staying up a bit works the best for me.

Hope you get into it soon, there are some good bits about working nights but not many!"

Good advice.

I found staying up for a couple of hours helped me too.

Don't get into the habit of booze to help you sleep.

Try and utilize a bit of time after work like you would if you were working a normal shift which sometimes helped me.

Failing that read some of the threads and profiles on here and you'll soon nod off

By *oddyWoman
over a year ago

between havant and chichester

i work 7 nights a week so i come home have a milky drink put lappy on watch a bit of telly then go to bed late morning with a radio on low in background

having a warm bed also helps i find

By *azzaahh OP   Woman
over a year ago

north wales / chester

thanks for suggestions, defo gonna try ad stay up for few hours to unwind and will try earpugs too ( neighbours bloody dog !!)

over a year ago

"Try not to sleep as soon as you get home even though you're probably exhausted. Have a light snack and a non alcoholic drink, watch some telly or listen to some music and after about an hour go to bed.

Hope you get into it soon, there are some good bits about working nights but not many!

Good advice.

I found staying up for a couple of hours helped me too.

Don't get into the habit of booze to help you sleep.

Try and utilize a bit of time after work like you would if you were working a normal shift which sometimes helped me.

Failing that read some of the threads and profiles on here and you'll soon nod off

"

I have been doing nights for past 2 yrs and this is cracking advice

over a year ago

"arghh just started working nights and struggling to sleep in the day apart...any suggestions ?? "

Blackout curtains and to bed as soon as you get in from work. Never easy though.

over a year ago

"arghh just started working nights and struggling to sleep in the day apart...any suggestions ?? "

ive worked nights for 15 years now, your body will ajust to it

Bit i find hard is sleeping the nights in off, still not sussed that out, eben im not at work i usually still sit up all night, buggers your body clock up

By *ellhatterMan
over a year ago

slough

cal/mag tablets sometimes help some folk.

By *azzaahh OP   Woman
over a year ago

north wales / chester

ill be working 4 on then 10 off so just as i get used to it im off again lol

over a year ago

"ill be working 4 on then 10 off so just as i get used to it im off again lol"

4 on 10 off? blimey you want so swap shifts lol

Post new Message to Thread