Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

afganastan

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

i am really getting fed up with the events over there, it is very sad what has happened with the terrible killings by the american soldier, and the burning of the korans, and obama and the rest of the coalition, condeming the acts. the afgan gov and ppl are now up in revolt about it, But when as the afgan gov or ppl, showed concern about all the men and women killed by insurgents over there, i have never seen apologies from them when they burn our flags and so on by their ppl,

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *irty_bhamMan
over a year ago

birmingham

"i am really getting fed up with the events over there, it is very sad what has happened with the terrible killings by the american soldier, and the burning of the korans, and obama and the rest of the coalition, condeming the acts. the afgan gov and ppl are now up in revolt about it, But when as the afgan gov or ppl, showed concern about all the men and women killed by insurgents over there, i have never seen apologies from them when they burn our flags and so on by their ppl, "

have you posted to say sorry for the children that have been killed by allied bombs ??

i doubt it.

they didn't come here to start a war on us despite what the media has told you,

we went over there.

look deep in your heart and think about what you would do if an army invaded here and killed your loved ones,

would you mourn them ?

i have the greatest of love and respect for our brave boys that lay their lives down every day for what the believe is to protect us and if i could i would do the same for them.

that said, i have nothing but contempt for the suits that have sent these brave loyal boys to die for no reason in another foreign field that will never be england.

before you talk of how the afghans behave, talk of how our government behave

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"i am really getting fed up with the events over there, it is very sad what has happened with the terrible killings by the american soldier, and the burning of the korans, and obama and the rest of the coalition, condeming the acts. the afgan gov and ppl are now up in revolt about it, But when as the afgan gov or ppl, showed concern about all the men and women killed by insurgents over there, i have never seen apologies from them when they burn our flags and so on by their ppl, "

Bet you are not half as fed up as all those "normal" families who have to live in those war zones. Everyone forgets about them. Must be hell.

By *omas000Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

They didn't come here to start a war? What!

Hi in google and type in September 11th, yes it was in America but we are there allies so we help them, and they have attacked the uk also!

By *irty_bhamMan
over a year ago

birmingham

"They didn't come here to start a war? What!

Hi in google and type in September 11th, yes it was in America but we are there allies so we help them, and they have attacked the uk also! "

take a look further back than september 11 and see where the british empire invaded afghanistan ??

history is a great thing if you can look back far enough

over a year ago

Despite the media images, most Afghans live for their family and children. Try to imagine how you would feel looking at such a bleak future for your family and your children's future development.

That is if, if, you can manage to eke out a hand to mouth daily existence.

By *acreadCouple
over a year ago

central scotland

"i am really getting fed up with the events over there, it is very sad what has happened with the terrible killings by the american soldier, and the burning of the korans, and obama and the rest of the coalition, condeming the acts. the afgan gov and ppl are now up in revolt about it, But when as the afgan gov or ppl, showed concern about all the men and women killed by insurgents over there, i have never seen apologies from them when they burn our flags and so on by their ppl,

have you posted to say sorry for the children that have been killed by allied bombs ??

i doubt it.

we went over there.

look deep in your heart and think about what you would do if an army invaded here and killed your loved ones,

would you mourn them ?

i have the greatest of love and respect for our brave boys that lay their lives down every day for what the believe is to protect us and if i could i would do the same for them.

that said, i have nothing but contempt for the suits that have sent these brave loyal boys to die for no reason in another foreign field that will never be england.

I too have the greatest respect for our troops deployed there.

There are Welsh Irish and Scottish troops dying too.

It is after all the "Brittish" army.

The sooner they pull the boys out of there the better.

"

By *acreadCouple
over a year ago

central scotland

Hi in google and type in September 11th, yes it was in America but we are there allies so we help them, and they have attacked the uk also! "

Most of those involved were Saudis (Bin Ladden being one)and as far as i am aware no Afghans or Iraqis.

But Saudi was a friendly country which gave the US and allies loads off oil so couldnt go invading them

By *irty_bhamMan
over a year ago

birmingham

Hi in google and type in September 11th, yes it was in America but we are there allies so we help them, and they have attacked the uk also!

Most of those involved were Saudis (Bin Ladden being one)and as far as i am aware no Afghans or Iraqis.

But Saudi was a friendly country which gave the US and allies loads off oil so couldnt go invading them"

By *omas000Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

I think ur confused with us and russians, it was Russians that invaded afghan before, and the yanks helped the afghans fight back the Russians if u want to do your history!

We invaded Iraq, back in early 90's in retaliation for them invading Kuwait!

over a year ago

Oh dear if you think things started on Sept 11th 2001 you either have a short memory or are wearing blinkers!!

By *acreadCouple
over a year ago

central scotland

And invaded them again in retaliation for 911 and non existant weapons of mass destruction even though they had absolutely nothing to do with 911.

By *omas000Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Oh dear if you think things started on Sept 11th 2001 you either have a short memory or are wearing blinkers!!

You are all getting mixed up with Iraq and afghan, afghan didn't start until 2001

"

By *ellhatterMan
over a year ago

slough

difficult situation; really feel for the innocent civilians -- adults and children. that was a fucking massacre yest. rip.

over a year ago

" i have nothing but contempt for the suits that have sent these brave loyal boys to die for no reason in another foreign field that will never be england."

Your rhetoric is almost anti-British, and it's not only English boys & girls dying over there.

The campaign in Afghanistan was not about hiving off a part of the Middle East to make it another British colony. It was to remove an oppressive regime that was murdering it's own citizens for such trivial things as listening to music, or dancing, or being educated, or falling in love with the wrong person. Yes, they supported al-Qaeda and that gave the West reason enough to go in and conduct operations there but one rogue American serviceman does not an Axis of Evil make in the same way that one rogue Afghan policeman shooting dead 6 coalition soldiers does not make the entire Afghan Police force pro-Taliban. You need to look at things in perspective and stop condemning the govt for doing something to try and help an oppressed peoples.

over a year ago

"i am really getting fed up with the events over there, it is very sad what has happened with the terrible killings by the american soldier, and the burning of the korans, and obama and the rest of the coalition, condeming the acts. the afgan gov and ppl are now up in revolt about it, But when as the afgan gov or ppl, showed concern about all the men and women killed by insurgents over there, i have never seen apologies from them when they burn our flags and so on by their ppl,

i doubt it.

we went over there.

would you mourn them ?

"

over a year ago

i wish we could understand this better .I think now its about alot of things .

over a year ago

You are all getting mixed up with Iraq and afghan, afghan didn't start until 2001

"

Like I said you have a short memory or are wearing blinkers.I suggest you take your own advice and use google yourself. During the nineteenth century,we tried invading Afghanistan twice the First Anglo-Afghan War of 1838–1842 and again in the Second Anglo-Afghan War of 1878–1880.

over a year ago

Look after the small things and the big things will take care of themselves.

Childen first.

By *irty_bhamMan
over a year ago

birmingham

" i have nothing but contempt for the suits that have sent these brave loyal boys to die for no reason in another foreign field that will never be england.

Your rhetoric is almost anti-British, and it's not only English boys & girls dying over there.

The campaign in Afghanistan was not about hiving off a part of the Middle East to make it another British colony. It was to remove an oppressive regime that was murdering it's own citizens for such trivial things as listening to music, or dancing, or being educated, or falling in love with the wrong person. Yes, they supported al-Qaeda and that gave the West reason enough to go in and conduct operations there but one rogue American serviceman does not an Axis of Evil make in the same way that one rogue Afghan policeman shooting dead 6 coalition soldiers does not make the entire Afghan Police force pro-Taliban. You need to look at things in perspective and stop condemning the govt for doing something to try and help an oppressed peoples."

opressive regimes ??

koly 2012

why are we not there ??

rowanda

suadia arabia

china

forgive my spelling but these are but a few.

why are we not there ??

i'm not anti british

i'm a patriot and i don't want our brave and loyal boys to die for nothing.

when they pull out it 2 or 3 years and that country goes tits up again ask yourself was it worth the lives of our boys who did their best for US or the U.S.A ???

over a year ago

Past is the past, too much time allocating blame and no action to heal and nurture the children who are the ones who will play out the future.

By *irty_bhamMan
over a year ago

birmingham

"Past is the past, too much time allocating blame and no action to heal and nurture the children who are the ones who will play out the future."

feed them, cloth them and educate them.

it's much better than bombing them

and cheaper

but wheres the profit in that ?

over a year ago

"Past is the past, too much time allocating blame and no action to heal and nurture the children who are the ones who will play out the future.

and cheaper

"

I know, it's a sad, bad world for some. It really annoys me when peeps over hear spout hate towards oppressed peoples.

By *irty_bhamMan
over a year ago

birmingham

"Past is the past, too much time allocating blame and no action to heal and nurture the children who are the ones who will play out the future.

and cheaper

I know, it's a sad, bad world for some. It really annoys me when peeps over hear spout hate towards oppressed peoples. "

a voice of reason like yours is very refreshing but there just aren't enough like you.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

no i have not posted to say sorry for the children that have died in this terrible war, nor have i heard a sorry from the suicide bombers who have blown up kids, women and children, for their cowardly acts around the world

over a year ago

You know, it's a way of life, I always think about how I would feel in that position and imagine how easy it could have been for me, or my children to have been born into such a world.

When I imagine this it overcomes all other considerations and raises the central issue. The right to live safe and secure.

I have lived through civil war, it is not pretty. Children are continually at risk as they need to go to school and are (as we all now) very open to influences around them.

Some people, however, seem to find putting themselves in others positions difficult to do.

Mind, I believe this world is populated by human beings and something else, what it is who knows, but some just don't feel human. (This seems particulary prevalent in those in power, be it political, fear or money).

Just my take.

over a year ago

"no i have not posted to say sorry for the children that have died in this terrible war, nor have i heard a sorry from the suicide bombers who have blown up kids, women and children, for their cowardly acts around the world"

leave those in power to say sorry. Your connection should be human to human. Unless you are in power or a bomber yoursef.

By *irty_bhamMan
over a year ago

birmingham

", nor have i heard a sorry from the suicide bombers who have blown up kids, women and children, for their cowardly acts around the world"

we can hold a seance if you want

they don't have plane's or artilery

just their faith and beliefs.

isn't that what we all have ??

walk a mile in their shoes before you judge them.

what you throw out in rubbish every week may feed a family over there for a month, so sit on your high horse and condem them for doing what you should do if your land was invaded and your family was killed.

be ashamed, education here is free so you have no excuse for your lack of knowledge and understanding

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

"I think ur confused with us and russians, it was Russians that invaded afghan before, and the yanks helped the afghans fight back the Russians if u want to do your history!

"

History goes a little further back than you seem to be aware of...

When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains, and the women come out to cut up what remains, jest roll to your rifle and blow out your brains and go to your gawd like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

over a year ago

"I think ur confused with us and russians, it was Russians that invaded afghan before, and the yanks helped the afghans fight back the Russians if u want to do your history!

When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains, and the women come out to cut up what remains, jest roll to your rifle and blow out your brains and go to your gawd like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

"

Remarkable similarity to comments seen in our modern day rags.

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

Rudyard Kipling

Remarkable similarity to comments seen in our modern day rags."

people are more familiar with kiplings childrens books, but his writing from the perspective of those on the front line is well worth reading.

over a year ago

¨ The infant and under-five mortality rates in Afghanistan are among the highest in the world. Only Angola, Liberia and Sierra Leone have higher rates.

¨ The Under-5 Mortality Rate (U5MR) and the Infant Mortality Rate (IMR) are targeted to reduce by 50% of the 2003 levels by 2015 and by two-third by 2020.

¨ While progress in immunisation coverage worldwide and better awareness levels among parents on good child rearing practices and hygiene have contributed to the decline in U5MR, overall infant mortality remains high because of the high level of neonatal deaths.

¨ Most deaths among children under-five years of age in Afghanistan result from infectious causes, with diarrhoea, acute respiratory infections and vaccine-preventable illnesses accounting for nearly 60% of deaths.

¨ Lack of access to a clean water source and poor sanitation are the major contributory factors to poor health outcomes, with the majority of the population having no access to improved drinking water and improved sanitation facilities.

¨ Immunisation coverage of children has increased, but overall it is much higher in urban than in rural areas, and specifically so in major cities.Not surprisingly, infant and child mortality rates are around 20% lower in urban areas than in rural areas.

oh, oh, oh, they are burning our flags!

over a year ago

"

and cheaper

"

Live Aid proved that a mission to feed, clothe, feed and educate a nation is not possible unless you have the cooperation of the ruling govt of the country you wish to enteron humantiarian grounds. In many cases Live Aid had to give african despotic govts many millions of charity money just to be allowed in with aid trucks. The Taliban would never have let Western organisations into Afghanistan to feed, clothe and educate the Afghan people for the simple reason that an ignorant & starving nation is an easier nation to govern & control.

over a year ago

"

and cheaper

Live Aid proved that a mission to feed, clothe, feed and educate a nation is not possible unless you have the cooperation of the ruling govt of the country you wish to enteron humantiarian grounds. In many cases Live Aid had to give african despotic govts many millions of charity money just to be allowed in with aid trucks. The Taliban would never have let Western organisations into Afghanistan to feed, clothe and educate the Afghan people for the simple reason that an ignorant & starving nation is an easier nation to govern & control."

Since western governments are supporting the current regime in Afghanisan, I would say that makes "strange bedfellows".

By *irty_bhamMan
over a year ago

birmingham

"

and cheaper

Live Aid proved that a mission to feed, clothe, feed and educate a nation is not possible unless you have the cooperation of the ruling govt of the country you wish to enteron humantiarian grounds. In many cases Live Aid had to give african despotic govts many millions of charity money just to be allowed in with aid trucks. The Taliban would never have let Western organisations into Afghanistan to feed, clothe and educate the Afghan people for the simple reason that an ignorant & starving nation is an easier nation to govern & control."

and who puts these government into power ???

the guns they buy from us

that who.

we sell the victors the weapons to subdue the others

don't be so dim

it's the biggest industry on the planet.

not medicine, not food but war and weapons

over a year ago

"

and cheaper

Live Aid proved that a mission to feed, clothe, feed and educate a nation is not possible unless you have the cooperation of the ruling govt of the country you wish to enteron humantiarian grounds. In many cases Live Aid had to give african despotic govts many millions of charity money just to be allowed in with aid trucks. The Taliban would never have let Western organisations into Afghanistan to feed, clothe and educate the Afghan people for the simple reason that an ignorant & starving nation is an easier nation to govern & control.

that who.

don't be so dim

not medicine, not food but war and weapons"

with drugs as a sideline (plenty to be had in Afghanistan)

over a year ago

"be ashamed, education here is free so you have no excuse for your lack of knowledge and understanding"

Education free? Are you sure about that?

Take away our social structure, our system of govt for the collection of taxes and we'll soon find ourselves with no government in place at all and NO education system apart from a few ramshackle huts here and there for dedicated teachers to educate a handful of lucky kids (a bit like it is in some parts of Africa at the moment).

No, Education is most certainly NOT free - not to the adults who invest in their children by paying their taxes to enable our kids to have the right to be educated.

You accused a previous poster of having a lack of knowledge and understanding - a trait you seem to display so evidently yourself.

By *irty_bhamMan
over a year ago

birmingham

"be ashamed, education here is free so you have no excuse for your lack of knowledge and understanding

Take away our social structure, our system of govt for the collection of taxes and we'll soon find ourselves with no government in place at all and NO education system apart from a few ramshackle huts here and there for dedicated teachers to educate a handful of lucky kids (a bit like it is in some parts of Africa at the moment).

No, Education is most certainly NOT free - not to the adults who invest in their children by paying their taxes to enable our kids to have the right to be educated.

You accused a previous poster of having a lack of knowledge and understanding - a trait you seem to display so evidently yourself."

how much did you pay for your 1st 16yrs of school ??

over a year ago

"be ashamed, education here is free so you have no excuse for your lack of knowledge and understanding

You accused a previous poster of having a lack of knowledge and understanding - a trait you seem to display so evidently yourself.

how much did you pay for your 1st 16yrs of school ??"

By *fun.4.youMan
over a year ago

London

You should be far more concerned about how to spell and how to string a proper sentence together. It's "Afghanistan".

over a year ago

no point in nitpicking. education is free at the point of delivery.

Education is an investment in our society made by our government with our money on our behalf. (Most of us work, some of us have been unemployed at times and very few continually sponge)

Cut education at your peril.

We may be experiencing some of the results.

over a year ago

"

and cheaper

that who.

don't be so dim

not medicine, not food but war and weapons"

In the case of Ethiopia, Mengistu Haile Mariam was an Ethiopian politician who was the most prominent officer of the Derg, the Communist military junta that governed Ethiopia from 1974 to 1987, and President of the People's Democratic Republic of Ethiopia from 1987 to 1991. He oversaw the Ethiopian Red Terror of 1977–1978, a campaign of repression against the Ethiopian People's Revolutionary Party and other anti-Derg factions. Mengistu fled to Zimbabwe in 1991 at the conclusion of the Ethiopian Civil War, and remains there despite an Ethiopian court verdict finding him guilty in absentia of genocide.

Not a Western bullet in sight. Ok?

over a year ago

take a look further back than september 11 and see where the british empire invaded afghanistan ??

"

look even further back in history and see now many countries Britain 'discovered' and how they treat the people, lifes and cultures that already lived there

Look what we did to the Native americans, Australia, india.....need i go on?

By *irty_bhamMan
over a year ago

birmingham

You should be far more concerned about how to spell and how to string a proper sentence together. It's "Afghanistan"."

oooh booo hoo

tell that to jesus

he spoke in aramaic

can you read that ???

or would you correct his grammer ???

over a year ago

how much did you pay for your 1st 16yrs of school ??"

Did you read my post - or better still, understand it?

Let me repost the pertinent part:

"No, Education is most certainly NOT free - not to the adults who invest in their children by paying their taxes to enable our kids to have the right to be educated."

Can you work out what I'm saying here or do I have to spell it out for you?

over a year ago

"

and cheaper

that who.

don't be so dim

not medicine, not food but war and weapons

In the case of Ethiopia, Mengistu Haile Mariam was an Ethiopian politician who was the most prominent officer of the Derg, the Communist military junta that governed Ethiopia from 1974 to 1987, and President of the People's Democratic Republic of Ethiopia from 1987 to 1991. He oversaw the Ethiopian Red Terror of 1977–1978, a campaign of repression against the Ethiopian People's Revolutionary Party and other anti-Derg factions. Mengistu fled to Zimbabwe in 1991 at the conclusion of the Ethiopian Civil War, and remains there despite an Ethiopian court verdict finding him guilty in absentia of genocide.

Not a Western bullet in sight. Ok? "

Define "Western"?

By *irty_bhamMan
over a year ago

birmingham

look even further back in history and see now many countries Britain 'discovered' and how they treat the people, lifes and cultures that already lived there

Look what we did to the Native americans, Australia, india.....need i go on?"

another sexy voice of reason

thank you naughty

fancy a kebab ???

over a year ago

"Education is an investment in our society made by our government with our money on our behalf. (Most of us work, some of us have been unemployed at times and very few continually sponge)

"

There you go, my point proven. It is not free, and if it's cut due to lack of funding it disappears.

over a year ago

"No, Education is most certainly NOT free - not to the adults who invest in their children by paying their taxes to enable our kids to have the right to be educated."

Can you work out what I'm saying here or do I have to spell it out for you? "

no point in nitpicking. education is free at the point of delivery.

Education is an investment in our society made by our government with our money on our behalf. (Most of us work, some of us have been unemployed at times and very few continually sponge)

We may be experiencing some of the results.

You looking for me? eh eh eh!!!!

By *irty_bhamMan
over a year ago

birmingham

Can you work out what I'm saying here or do I have to spell it out for you? "

then let me ask you once again,

how much did you pay for your education ???

over a year ago

"Define "Western"?"

What was that you said about nit-picking?

over a year ago

"Define "Western"?

What was that you said about nit-picking?"

takes two to tango.

over a year ago

"how much did you pay for your education ???"

Nothing. Your father paid for it for me.

Geddit?

By *irty_bhamMan
over a year ago

birmingham

"how much did you pay for your education ???

Geddit?"

i get it

i just wish he had paid more to give you a better education

over a year ago

My mother was educated by state school to 14. She then worked in the mills. The government was not really interested in developing intellectuals. My father went to boarding school and college, his grandparents were comfy.

After the war there was happily a change of attitude. Education was _iews as a pre-requisite for the future of our country.

I was educated through state school and college. I can afford to privately educate my children but that does not mean that I would, nor would I advocate reducing education funding, which is what some are doing this this country.

Sometimes it seems to be a case of "I'm awlrite Jack!"

Education is a shared investment in society. Any government who cuts it has ulterior motives. (In my opinion)

By *irty_bhamMan
over a year ago

birmingham

oh, oh, oh, they are burning our flags! "

can you blame them ??

the bombs we drop and kill them could feed and cure them

over a year ago

Everybody who works invests in education through the tax system and working class probably the most.

Supercilious attitudes do not offer constructive solutions.

over a year ago

Me brains in gear, off to edumacate some folks.

By *irty_bhamMan
over a year ago

birmingham

"Me brains in gear, off to edumacate some folks. "

have fun

you do know it's not going to be easy

over a year ago

Geddit?

i get it

"

So you admit that education is not free then?

By *irty_bhamMan
over a year ago

birmingham

Geddit?

i get it

So you admit that education is not free then?"

well if you can tell me exactly how much YOU paid for your education then i might agree with you

over a year ago

Geddit?

i get it

well if you can tell me exactly how much YOU paid for your education then i might agree with you"

Exactly...12 years of my life.

By *irty_bhamMan
over a year ago

birmingham

Geddit?

i get it

well if you can tell me exactly how much YOU paid for your education then i might agree with you

Exactly...12 years of my life."

12 years wasted

over a year ago

" opressive regimes ??

koly 2012

why are we not there ??

rowanda

suadia arabia

china

forgive my spelling but these are but a few.

why are we not there??"

may i just clarify one moment please

are you suggesting we should be doing something about these regimes?

By *uckscouple2007Couple
over a year ago

Bucks

thinks the american prat deserves public execution by firing squad

simples

over a year ago

They didnt invite or vote Taliban! Neither did they invite americans to rid the taliban! West's former friend Osama, turned against the West! Found a hideout in Afghan, taliban received him as guest. he launched 9/11, West went after him. none of the 9/11 guys were afghans, they were saudi. but in West's retaliation thousands of afghans died. if u consider killing more than one hundred thousand people in revenge of 3000 that died on 9/11 than thats great! afghans and other poor nations paying price for Americas fuck up foreign policy. should american jewish lobby be bombed for mass murders in Isreal and in the process innocent american or europeans be eliminated ? we in this world has put different values to different people's lives. for every western/european, ten asians, 15 african, and may be 20 poverty stricken afghan or oil rich iraqi. every western death in the east is reported in BBC CNN as if they were such invaluable for humanity. tide is changing. china is rising. let us see what awaits in the new century. with europe going bankcrupt america on its knees, history will speak and speak for those that never mattered before.

over a year ago

When a rogue soldier kills innocent civilians at close quarters, Americans call it an 'appalling incident'.

But when targeted missiles kill hundreds of innocent civilians from long range, Americans call it 'collateral damage'....hmmmmm, I'm struggling to see the difference

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"When a rogue soldier kills innocent civilians at close quarters, Americans call it an 'appalling incident'.

But when targeted missiles kill hundreds of innocent civilians from long range, Americans call it 'collateral damage'....hmmmmm, I'm struggling to see the difference"

the second was probably performed by someone who genuinely did so by accident.

the first by someone who did it intentionally and stopped short of turning the gun on himself.

over a year ago

Like the US are going to put their hands up and say, "Um, yeah, we killed a load of good guys but it's ok, we planned for a certain amount of friendly casualties. Hope ya don't mind ya'll."

And they're not going to say, "Hey, one of our guys run amok the other night and killed a few locals but it's ok he was just a bit pissed."

No, of course not. They're going to put a positive slant on press releases in a damage limitation exercise.

What worries me the most is the frequency with which a positive slant needs to be found.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"When a rogue soldier kills innocent civilians at close quarters, Americans call it an 'appalling incident'.

But when targeted missiles kill hundreds of innocent civilians from long range, Americans call it 'collateral damage'....hmmmmm, I'm struggling to see the difference

the second was probably performed by someone who genuinely did so by accident.

the first by someone who did it intentionally and stopped short of turning the gun on himself."

but I do agree with you....

over a year ago

But when targeted missiles kill hundreds of innocent civilians from long range, Americans call it 'collateral damage'....hmmmmm, I'm struggling to see the difference"

I would say intention, thats the difference.

By *amish SMan
over a year ago

Eastleigh

Oppressive regimes, Saudi, Iran, Kuwait, UAE, Qatar, Somalia (I don't think they have anything, let alone a regime) The Taliban were bad, but the other countries are all Islamic and live by their own rules, maybe not we're used to in the West and not what we would want, so are we right to say they are Oppressive places to live, as ever it seems that we in the West are all Islamic experts, personally I would ask the locals what they think before I made my mind up.

As for Afghanistan, was a lost cause, is a lost cause and will be in the future.

over a year ago

"

Hahahahahahahahaha. Carry on.

over a year ago

"no i have not posted to say sorry for the children that have died in this terrible war, nor have i heard a sorry from the suicide bombers who have blown up kids, women and children, for their cowardly acts around the world"

Hard when they're....dead, mind.

over a year ago

I spent 6 months there

won't hurry back

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 12/03/12 22:09:24]

By *ellhatterMan
over a year ago

slough

"I spent 6 months there

won't hurry back"

lol. at least u survived too. well done.

over a year ago

Interesting thread is this. and also interesting reading the posts on here.

Now consider this yeah.

Your average infantry grunt does not really have time to nor probarbly give a stuff about your thoughts. Or the politicians thoughts that sent him there in the first place. He does not give a stuff about the Afgans whoom are all around him. Infact at this moment in time he probarbly does not give a stuff about Queen and country either.

As he goes out on patrol day after day his main focus and thoughts are on two things and two things only. Making sure he getts back from that patrol alive and well. Also that his muckers do as well. When the preverb shite hitts the fan and IEDs go off and rounds start flying he puts in as many well aimed shots as he can and gets the kob done that he is trained to do.

Its just a pitty that these so called enemies CHOOSE to wear normal civi cloths and hide amongst the normal population to pick off patrols as they pass through towns etc etc. It is at times just a sad state that inocent people get caught up in the cross fire but at the end of the day hey its war and shit happens.

Our boys did not ask to be sent there but they are there. Until they are told other wise they will keep being sent there to do a job they are very well trained to do. There main aim is to come back from that tour of duty alive and well. Inorder to do that when called upon you have to show these people whose boss and therefore you dont mess about with those sorts of enemy people.

You go in hard and you go in bloody aggressive and you kill um!. Or else they will kill you!

RIP to all fallen British Soldiers so far in this conflict. Right or wrong they deserve support at home and away.

END OF

By *ellhatterMan
over a year ago

slough

yes, rip too. some of them are -- let's face it -- just kids. did anyone see the excellent The Fallen doc on bbc4 few yrs back. very sad.

over a year ago

"yes, rip too. some of them are -- let's face it -- just kids. did anyone see the excellent The Fallen doc on bbc4 few yrs back. very sad. "

Yes mate just your average young kids from your local council estates etc etc most of these young squaddies.

People keep saying the countries gone to rack and ruin and all the kids of today have no respect for anything or any one. Yet if you take a look at most of the squaddies in the British Army they are all young kids and are as hard as they come with the up most respect and manners.

Bring back national service I say that will seperate the men from the boys lol but thats another matter entirely and im digressing off topic now so will wind mi neck in haha

By *ellhatterMan
over a year ago

slough

"yes, rip too. some of them are -- let's face it -- just kids. did anyone see the excellent The Fallen doc on bbc4 few yrs back. very sad.

Yes mate just your average young kids from your local council estates etc etc most of these young squaddies.

People keep saying the countries gone to rack and ruin and all the kids of today have no respect for anything or any one. Yet if you take a look at most of the squaddies in the British Army they are all young kids and are as hard as they come with the up most respect and manners.

Bring back national service I say that will seperate the men from the boys lol but thats another matter entirely and im digressing off topic now so will wind mi neck in haha"

By *ustyWoman
over a year ago

inverclyde

i currently have a friend out in afghan and i do worry about him, but hope will be home soon safe and well, my thoughts are with all the troops out in any conflict

By *ones_BoothCouple
over a year ago

Solihull

"Interesting thread is this. and also interesting reading the posts on here.

Now consider this yeah.

Your average infantry grunt does not really have time to nor probarbly give a stuff about your thoughts. Or the politicians thoughts that sent him there in the first place. He does not give a stuff about the Afgans whoom are all around him. Infact at this moment in time he probarbly does not give a stuff about Queen and country either.

As he goes out on patrol day after day his main focus and thoughts are on two things and two things only. Making sure he getts back from that patrol alive and well. Also that his muckers do as well. When the preverb shite hitts the fan and IEDs go off and rounds start flying he puts in as many well aimed shots as he can and gets the kob done that he is trained to do.

Its just a pitty that these so called enemies CHOOSE to wear normal civi cloths and hide amongst the normal population to pick off patrols as they pass through towns etc etc. It is at times just a sad state that inocent people get caught up in the cross fire but at the end of the day hey its war and shit happens.

Our boys did not ask to be sent there but they are there. Until they are told other wise they will keep being sent there to do a job they are very well trained to do. There main aim is to come back from that tour of duty alive and well. Inorder to do that when called upon you have to show these people whose boss and therefore you dont mess about with those sorts of enemy people.

You go in hard and you go in bloody aggressive and you kill um!. Or else they will kill you!

RIP to all fallen British Soldiers so far in this conflict. Right or wrong they deserve support at home and away.

END OF"

Very well spoken, makes more sense

xxx

over a year ago

"i currently have a friend out in afghan and i do worry about him, but hope will be home soon safe and well, my thoughts are with all the troops out in any conflict"

over a year ago

Now consider this yeah.

END OF

Very well spoken, makes more sense

xxx"

I am ex Army my self so I just tell it as it is. x

over a year ago

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Rushden

Now consider this yeah.

END OF"

And that is why I feel happy to say that I don't support the war, but I am supporting our troops 100%.

over a year ago

Is Afganastan anywhere near Afghanistan?

over a year ago

everyones fairly comfy here in this side of the world. that wont last forever.theres a reason(whether its right or wrong) to enter these far off counries and establish footholds on land,economics,and resources.

thats just my conspiracy _iew on things

when adverse weather effects start hitting these shores to devastating effects...I'm sure some will look back and say,

"ahhhhh, thats why that stuff happened 50years ago"

or the documents will be leaked on some kind of internet page

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Is Afganastan anywhere near Afghanistan?"

Oh to be so educated.....

By *ellhatterMan
over a year ago

slough

cameron in usa with obama; will discuss afghanistan -- more talk, but no big plan.

over a year ago

Now consider this yeah.

END OF

And that is why I feel happy to say that I don't support the war, but I am supporting our troops 100%."

Agree with you there but as you say I am also 100% behind the troops

Post new Message to Thread