Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

survival :)

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I am watching Wifeswap USA and its about a family that believes strongly in 2012 being the end of the world as we know it... and yes I find their views a little extreme..

However I guess there is nothing wrong with being prepared..

I actually honestly have a box under my stairs and a pack in the car that is a emergancy pack... and to be honest put it together when there was a risk of yellowstone erupting.( something that isnt a syfy moment but something that is a real thing that "could" happen..) so while I dont think it would be end of days.. I do know that natural disasters occur..

In my house pack I have stuff to sterilise water, some food stuff that will keep.. a windup torch, radio, candles and matches, emergancy blankets.. a full first aid pack, maps. Camping cooking gear... some camping gear. I am sure there is stuff I have forgotten.

to be honest this comes from my dad having had a kit and a plan when we lived in London in case of war... although I did work out it was pointless as if a bomb had dropped near us we would have been toast or radiated lol but bless it made my dad feel better.

In my car I have a smaller version of the kit..

So do you have anything prepared just in case... ??

Cali

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Usually have a coupla condoms on me.....

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Usually have a coupla condoms on me.....

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I was thinking of buying up the houses of people who (really) believe the world will end this year ... Maybe offering them half of what the house is worth and let them live in it until the 21st December (I think thats the date they think it will all go down) ... think of the profits!!

over a year ago

fraid not i'm a panic when it happens kinda gal

hard to believe i was a girl scout really

over a year ago

ill wing it

if is the end of the world so be it

over a year ago

As already discussed in another board, I reckon I could survive a few days living in a tent.

over a year ago

if its gonna end, theres not much point in worrying, or spending cash on stuff to keep under the stairs just incase. rather live love and be happy now

over a year ago

I dont mean from 2012.. lol as the event has happenend before... and world is still here.. but volcanoes really do erupt, although in the uk we are quite lucky but there are things like solar storms that are headed our way and could affect electronic things.

This is really why I have stuff as imagine how crazy things would go if even for one day we had nothing electrical that would work..

I guess its the fact my dad always believed in being prepared..

but then I always have a first aid kit on me too

cali

over a year ago

cook on gas and have a woodburner and a nice stock of logs, if it came down to it we could put a pot on top of that n boil an egg from the hens in the garden.lol

over a year ago

I know a guy who has a fully stocked 'bunker' under his house, I'm not sure what he is expecting exactly here in Leeds but a few months ago when people very afraid of the bird flue pandemic my friend asked him if he would look after her daughter if it ever actually happened.

... I have the 'Zombie survival Guide' does that count?

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

I've learnt to put my head between my legs and kiss my arse goodbye

over a year ago

"

... I have the 'Zombie survival Guide' does that count? "

We had to write a guide like that for an A level English assignment lol It was quite fun.. Apparently mine was very good.. I ought to with it being 2012 get it digital and put it up on a blog somewhere for a laugh.. but I am scared people would start taking it to seriously

My son asked me the other day in mcdonalds where would be best place to hide if we were hit by a tornado... lol Thats what I get for letting him watch storm chasers.

Cali

By *ellhatterMan
over a year ago

slough

a few days yes; depends where though. and the vista too.

over a year ago

"

We had to write a guide like that for an A level English assignment lol It was quite fun.. Apparently mine was very good.. I ought to with it being 2012 get it digital and put it up on a blog somewhere for a laugh.. but I am scared people would start taking it to seriously

My son asked me the other day in mcdonalds where would be best place to hide if we were hit by a tornado... lol Thats what I get for letting him watch storm chasers.

Cali "

I used to have a full on zombie phobia everywhere I went I would be constantly working out escape routes, and out at night I was a nervous wreck walking anywhere! lol! Glad to say I have overcome that little problem

... still can't watch the films though

over a year ago

To be honest in a disaster I'd be more worried about the living. Human nature can turn ugly. Lol

Cali

By *eavenNhellCouple
over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"I dont mean from 2012.. lol as the event has happenend before... and world is still here.. but volcanoes really do erupt, although in the uk we are quite lucky but there are things like solar storms that are headed our way and could affect electronic things.

This is really why I have stuff as imagine how crazy things would go if even for one day we had nothing electrical that would work..

I guess its the fact my dad always believed in being prepared..

but then I always have a first aid kit on me too

cali "

id be more woriied about diseases like "ebola" with a 95% morbidity rate !

so far confined to isolated african jungle settlements .

only take one infected person to travel through one major transport hub (heathrow frankfurt jfk hong kong ) and two weeks later BANG an epidemic of a disease with NO cure would depopulate the earth in under three months !

over a year ago

Yes I worry about that more to be fair.. as I do biological weapons but not enough to have it rule my life.

But I do have things in place so that I could stay in my home without going out.

I dread things like that though.. as I am a person with a stupidly good immune system.. I think I would rather not be a survivor of something like that.

Cali

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

To be honest i dont worry about anything like that, im of the belief if its going to happen its going to happen.

I tend to worry more about whether ive got 12 tubes of toothpaste in the house just in case i run out

By *ath-N-DelCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow area

If it going to be the end why bother? lol

over a year ago

I'd be worried I couldn't bend enough to put my head between my legs and kiss my arse goodbye.

over a year ago

Oh dont get me wrong.. to be fair my survival kit is in case of anything.. bad weather that takes out the power.. getting snowed in.. it just means that I know that I have thought about things.

I certainly dont worry what if.. I like to read about things and have an interest in super volcanos.. and to be honest the one in germany or scotland are much nearer than the one in yellowstone just yellowstone is more well known.

But I always like to be prepared.. like making sure my car is all topped up with fluids and correct tyre pressures etc.

Cali

By *amish SMan
over a year ago

Eastleigh

When your numbers called, you or anyone else will not stop it. Just look at Hiroshima, some survived and some didn't no matter where they were.

over a year ago

"

Cali

I used to have a full on zombie phobia everywhere I went I would be constantly working out escape routes, and out at night I was a nervous wreck walking anywhere! lol! Glad to say I have overcome that little problem

... still can't watch the films though "

Oh I've never had a phobia of the undead swine. But I've had discussions galore in places I've worked about what your plans would be in such an uprising, just cos it makes for a right good fun debate!

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

Where we live power cuts are regular occurrences in the winter,so we keep torches, candles and bottled water in.

As for the end of the world...it will come when it comes...as a Christian i look forward to it

By *els_BellsWoman
over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

I'm not that organised.

I just about have clean knickers and bread.

If we're going to die, we're going to die, doesnt matter how many blankets or bottles of water we have.

I believe, if your time is up, its up. Cold I know but we're all going to die some day.

over a year ago

"I'm not that organised.

I just about have clean knickers and bread.

If we're going to die, we're going to die, doesnt matter how many blankets or bottles of water we have.

I believe, if your time is up, its up. Cold I know but we're all going to die some day."

you mean you wear knickers??

over a year ago

always keep up my stock of flour, yeast, sugar and teabags. That's about it.

over a year ago

I keep a few oil drums full of petrol and diesel, a chest full of vacuum packed dried food, an underground watertank and an arsenal of semi-automatic weapons. Oh, and a bandana, already knotted ready to slip onto my head.

I'm not being over-cautious am I?

over a year ago

you forgot the swiss army knife tch.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

If it is the end of the world then I wouldn't want to be the last woman standing in a tent in the middle of no civilisation....so no, not got a panic box

By *els_BellsWoman
over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

"

you mean you wear knickers?? "

Sometimes

Post new Message to Thread