Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Serial profile makers

Jump to newest

By *roquois OP   Man
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Has anyone else noticed the trend of people making accounts on here for a day, only to delete it then re-open another one the following day? Not just once but time after time. The accounts contain the same profile text but often the location of the people have changed (dont know people that move houses on a daily basis !) and sometimes there is a slight variation on their ages.

I noticed this after being drawn into speaking to one couple who was obviously not looking for meets and I believe were trying to collect photos.

Anyone have any views on this?

Can admin not recognize from the ISP addresses that these people are doing this stop it if people are obviously faking their accounts and details?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Has anyone else noticed the trend of people making accounts on here for a day, only to delete it then re-open another one the following day? Not just once but time after time. The accounts contain the same profile text but often the location of the people have changed (dont know people that move houses on a daily basis !) and sometimes there is a slight variation on their ages.

I noticed this after being drawn into speaking to one couple who was obviously not looking for meets and I believe were trying to collect photos.

Anyone have any views on this?

Can admin not recognize from the ISP addresses that these people are doing this stop it if people are obviously faking their accounts and details?"

It happens! Have seen it many times, often with the same photo's, location and identical content! No idea why!

Thought the same re the ISP address comment - but obviously there's ways around it!

Guess it's tricky but just use common sense and try not to get duped! Maybe wait til they've a photo verification at least - or if you're verified yourself (haven't looked!) - put the onus on them to prove they're genuine - phone call, web-cam etc - rather than sending pics!

Just a personal thought - each to their own of course!

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

Their wife find the profile

over a year ago

Not sure, but don't think ISP addresses can be blocked as they are not fixed, people use dongles and all sorts which won't be a fixed ISP.

You just have to use your own common sense to suss these people out .... or report the profile if you think it's a fake.

Often as Jem says though they are deleting their profile after each time they've been on here so they don't get caught, by spouse/kids/granny/mum lol xx

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I've seen it a couple of times. On our couples profile we have had the same copy and paste message from the same 'girl' from different parts of the realm mentioning that she is going to be in our town soon and would we accept her friend request.

The other one is from a single guy who can't accomodate or upload pics, so a meet isn't going to happen, but who deletes his profile every other day or so then comes back under the same name and messages me again.

By *ellhatterMan
over a year ago

slough

ban multiple ip addresses ?? easily circumvented though .

By *roquois OP   Man
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Reporting the profiles as fake seems to do no good as I reported one about 3 hours ago and no action has been taken !!!

over a year ago

Never understood why people need to collect photos. Plenty of free images out there to see.

By *ath-N-DelCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow area

Keep your pics private...

Only add "friends" when you sure they real people....

Quite simple

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"Reporting the profiles as fake seems to do no good as I reported one about 3 hours ago and no action has been taken !!!"

Give them a chance! there is'nt a huge amount of admin and its the weekend too,they'll take action if there is reason too

Post new Message to Thread