Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

if you could have any toy again from your childhood what would it be

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

i had a thing called VERTI BIRD,it was a helicopter on a rod that flew around hovered and you had to pick things up etc, saw one go on e bay for £110 last month wish i still had one

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Lego, and I love browsing toy shops to see how much they have evolved from my younger days.

Also a Meccano clock, as I failed to make mine work, and would love to have another go at it.

And nope, I cannot remember ever owning a doll! Never a girlie girl you see.

over a year ago

'Lexi Data' It was a yellow plastic flat box, with a pop-up button in the middle, a turning disc with numbers and 20 little sliders going out from the centre. Each slider had 3 positions.

It came with packs of colourful question cards, you could buy different packs for different age groups on every subject.

Each card had a seriel number to enter on the box, each question was a multiple choice with 3 possible answers to match the sliders, if you got all the answers right the button popped up with a smiley face and went 'DING!'

.... well it was before the days of computers. I wish I had kept it and bought more packs, I bet it would be a real collectors peice now.. and still playable too!

Sorry - that was a bit long winded

over a year ago

My Red Chopper. What a great bike that was. Went far afield with my mates on that bike, jumped ramps with it, scrambled down the local quarry with it. It's fair to say that I loved that bike.

over a year ago

My Generation 1 Transformers. Still got my original Soundwave in box, now worth approx 150 - 200 quid!!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Do you know something, i have no idea. We never went short of toys but we spent most of our time outdoors making our own fun, building dens and going for bike rides. I cant actually remember sitting for hours playing with one toy. We had a lot of board games and craft stuff for when we where inside because it was raining.

My sister was a tom boy and had all the jcb diggers and stuff like that.

We made our own gokarts and stuff.

I guess i would have to say my bike cause its what i used most of the time

over a year ago

my little pony or polly pockets

over a year ago

I had a doll that was brought for me.. I wasnt really a Doll kinda gal when I was younger..but this one I found lovely. it was a fabric made doll but made for me by a friend of the family.. she had the most amazingly embroidered eyes..

She was called sally... I lost her on a trip back from Jersey ( well they lost our baggage)

cali

over a year ago

wasnt long winded at all hun you obviously loved it lol xxxx

over a year ago

"Do you know something, i have no idea. We never went short of toys but we spent most of our time outdoors making our own fun, building dens and going for bike rides. I cant actually remember sitting for hours playing with one toy. We had a lot of board games and craft stuff for when we where inside because it was raining.

I guess i would have to say my bike cause its what i used most of the time"

AHH homemade go karts now ya talking, destroy a perfectly working good condition pram , to make a go kart lol happy days

over a year ago

"My Red Chopper. What a great bike that was. Went far afield with my mates on that bike, jumped ramps with it, scrambled down the local quarry with it. It's fair to say that I loved that bike. "
and still chopper crazy today hun i bet lol xxxx

over a year ago

i used to have a smallish plastic doll with a huge over sized head, when you pulled the head it came out on a bit or string and when you let go the head pulled back in and she talked

cant remember what they was called but i loved that doll

over a year ago

My Magic Robot board game. I was fascinated by how it got all the answers right.

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

My Space Hopper.

But Id quite like to add a certain attachment

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

"My Magic Robot board game. I was fascinated by how it got all the answers right. "

I just saw the theme of this thread and thought of exactly the same toy but couldn't remember what it was called, wonder if it is still in my dads loft?

over a year ago

My collection of Star Wars toys. I had a Millenium Falcon, a Star Destroyer and various small vehicles and figures

over a year ago

"My Magic Robot board game. I was fascinated by how it got all the answers right.

I just saw the theme of this thread and thought of exactly the same toy but couldn't remember what it was called, wonder if it is still in my dads loft?"

.... shall we go up and have a look?

I'll hold your torch for you.

over a year ago

Toys? Nope. Books? Two..one a book of fairytales the other, a childrens bible, the illustrations in both were beautiful...i really wish i appreciated that at the time

over a year ago

lego without a doubt awesome toy !

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

"My Magic Robot board game. I was fascinated by how it got all the answers right.

I just saw the theme of this thread and thought of exactly the same toy but couldn't remember what it was called, wonder if it is still in my dads loft?

.... shall we go up and have a look?

I'll hold your torch for you.

"

now that does sound like a good idea

over a year ago

Spirograph...;-)

By *aravancoupleMan
over a year ago

A Secret Hideaway In the caravan of love

I loved my Clackers.

A toy which was popular in the late 1960s and early 1970s

They are formed out of two hard plastic balls, each about two inches in diameter.

Clackers were discontinued when reports came out of children becoming injured while playing with them. Fairly heavy and fast-moving, and made of hard plastic, the balls would occasionally shatter upon striking each other.

over a year ago

how on earth can you still type having deformed fingers after playing with your clackers lol

over a year ago

I have still 'Bobby' my Teddy... with a face like a monkey

over a year ago

my friend bought me a mr frosty for christmas, it was like being 8 all over again

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

"I loved my Clackers.

They are formed out of two hard plastic balls, each about two inches in diameter.

Clackers were discontinued when reports came out of children becoming injured while playing with them. Fairly heavy and fast-moving, and made of hard plastic, the balls would occasionally shatter upon striking each other. "

I had some and was really good at them as well, bloody lethal though could take someones eye out

over a year ago

Siren would like her roller boots back. They were blue with yellow stripes. She went everywhere in them, knew where all the bumps in the pavement were so stop her tripping over in them, typical 70s child. I'd like to see her in them again, wearing some nice little hot pants - you know, the ones that go right up the crack of her arse!

over a year ago

when i was very little i had a teddy bear i called him ted after a man we used to know. Dont know what happened to him but i see ones like him on antiques roadshow.

over a year ago

I've still got my old Carlton racing bike

over a year ago

"when i was very little i had a teddy bear i called him ted after a man we used to know. Dont know what happened to him but i see ones like him on antiques roadshow."

The man or the bear?

By *randmrssmithMan
over a year ago

london

shadow mobile from the tv series ufo...i have an original one but would like another.......

By *acktilMan
over a year ago

Tewkesbury

"Spirograph...;-)"

+1 I also had a golliwog that I would love to have now because you can get a fortune for the originals these days.

over a year ago

"Siren would like her roller boots back. They were blue with yellow stripes. She went everywhere in them, knew where all the bumps in the pavement were so stop her tripping over in them, typical 70s child. I'd like to see her in them again, wearing some nice little hot pants - you know, the ones that go right up the crack of her arse! "
youve been watching Boogie Nights lol

over a year ago

"my friend bought me a mr frosty for christmas, it was like being 8 all over again"
BRAIN FRRRRRREEEEZZZZEEEEE OUCH LOL xxxxxxx

By *eavenNhellCouple
over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"Do you know something, i have no idea. We never went short of toys but we spent most of our time outdoors making our own fun, building dens and going for bike rides. I cant actually remember sitting for hours playing with one toy. We had a lot of board games and craft stuff for when we where inside because it was raining.

I guess i would have to say my bike cause its what i used most of the timeAHH homemade go karts now ya talking, destroy a perfectly working good condition pram , to make a go kart lol happy days "

can remember making our first "skateboard" from a fruit crate screwed to my sisters old roller skate and then nearly killing our selves riding it down a one in four hill nearby ! also numerous go-carts or bogies made from pramwheels and lumps of wood happy happy days

By *eavenNhellCouple
over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"lego without a doubt awesome toy ! "
still have abit tub full of lego that my kids play with when they visit . also when lily has been particulaly nawty or disobediant i will tip the lot out and make her sort it all as a punishment !

over a year ago

Oh my goodness...too many to mention....

Fuzzy Felt...and the younger ones will be thinking...what the hell is that! Lol

Etch a sketch...Spiro graph...the list goes on and on.....

over a year ago

my roller skates

i had hours of fun on those skating round the village

even been thinking about getting a new pair now it would be a fun form or exercise i think

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

"I loved my Clackers.

Clackers were discontinued when reports came out of children becoming injured while playing with them. Fairly heavy and fast-moving, and made of hard plastic, the balls would occasionally shatter upon striking each other.

I had some and was really good at them as well, bloody lethal though could take someones eye out"

my first job (during school holidays) was making clacker balls at the factory where my mum was the secretary. funny thing was the most expensive ones in the shops (multi-coloured) were actually what would normally have been waste in any other product as they were produced when we changed the colour of the raw plastic. The boss soon cottoned on to that though and one of my jobs was to 'rough' mix the plastic pellets to get the tie-dye effect. We also used to make frog arircraft kits, the rivals to airfix. Oh happy days, I bet 13 yr old kids wouldn't be allowed to work in factories these days

By *4FantasyCouple
over a year ago

Spalding

ooooooh I would love my Rocking Horse back I had in the 70s.. loved that horse..

kazxx

over a year ago

My evil knievil stunt bike was fantastic. also love my six million dollar man.

Post new Message to Thread