Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Pets that know that you are 'emotional'

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Who else has a pet that loves attention, but on their "timetable" ....but drops everything for you when they know you are upset?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

nah mine doesn't give a toss

and if i mimick a dog whimpering that is seen as a prompt to dive on me and give me a good chewing !

over a year ago

nah my dog just wants to chew your feet, thats all he lives for

over a year ago

Not so much now but a few years ago we had a labrador. She was sooo in tune with my emotions she was great. I really miss her.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Strangest thing my cat ever did. I was suffering from a really acute attack of gout and was in agony. She came and layed on the bed and started licking me exactly the place the pain was centred. She did it for ages. Ive heard of dogs doing something similar but never a cat

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 08/03/12 20:23:55]

By *aceytopWoman
over a year ago

from a town near you

mines the devil dog from hell,but when im upset he never leaves my side

over a year ago

I'm rarely upset, but i know my cat pines for me, and worries when I'm due to leave the house.

anti-cat people can fuck off if they dont believe cats can also show emotional attachment

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

My late dog was so in tune with me, he used to know when I was coming home (my ex would agree with that lol) And if I was upset, he would come and sit and put his chin on my lap....animals are more intelligent that we think xx

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I'm rarely upset, but i know my cat pines for me, and worries when I'm due to leave the house.

anti-cat people can fuck off if they dont believe cats can also show emotional attachment"

well said!

over a year ago

"I'm rarely upset, but i know my cat pines for me, and worries when I'm due to leave the house.

anti-cat people can fuck off if they dont believe cats can also show emotional attachmentwell said!"

such a way with words

that second line did make me LOL

over a year ago

aunty cath can fuck off if she dont believe cats can also show emotional attachmentwell said!"

Relatives eh?

over a year ago

aunty cath can fuck off if she dont believe cats can also show emotional attachmentwell said!

Relatives eh?"

lol shes the catty aunty that cant keep her mouth shut at christmas dinner, an ruins the whole nite

By *exki11enWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

My cats know when mummy's upset. They don't leave my side.

When mummy's OK, they don't want to bloody know lol

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

Last week, I attended the funeral of a good friend of mine. Prior to the service, I was at his wife's house awaiting the arrival of the cortege, and helping getting the arriving relatives sorted out.

His wife said their 2 dogs had been restless all day; strangely, just as the cortege arrived, theb two dogs went silent and fled into one room where they whimpered non-stop.

Someone had been assigned to stay with them and she said that when everyone arrived back home after the service, as the funeral cars pulled up outside, the dogs stopped their whimpering and settled down.

Yes, animals do have a sixth sense.

over a year ago

an episode of through the wormhole showed what some say as a sixth sense in all animals(hey that includes us), I firmly believe in individuality in animals of varying 'intelligence', and to that the emotional receptiveness of them also

over a year ago

"My cats know when mummy's upset. They don't leave my side.

When mummy's OK, they don't want to bloody know lol"

Ain't that the truth with some cats?!!!

I've had dogs that have behaved the same way.

over a year ago

anti-cat people can fuck off if they dont believe cats can also show emotional attachment"

I had a cat years ago that used to follow me to school and when it was home time she'd drive my mum mad wanting to go out and then she'd come and meet me from school. Great pets

over a year ago

anti-cat people can fuck off if they dont believe cats can also show emotional attachment

I had a cat years ago that used to follow me to school and when it was home time she'd drive my mum mad wanting to go out and then she'd come and meet me from school. Great pets"

I can well believe that. We've had cats and dogs do the same

over a year ago

My cat and dog know when their mummy is unhappy or upset.

They would come up to me and give a nudge and a cuddle, as if to say, we love you mummy, no matter what.

Bless the pair of them.

over a year ago

George my boxer, always knows when im upset, he plonks himself on my knee (and he weighs a tonne ) and licks my face until i laugh, he then proceeds to kick the shit out of me until iv forgotten what upset me.

Love my dog.

kat x x

over a year ago

My dog is very affectionate all the time but she gets distressed if I'm upset and sort of cowers in the corner. I end up forgetting what's wrong because I feel bad and I'm trying to make her feel better lol

over a year ago

My cats are surprisingly in tune with our emotions. Even when my 2 year old cries they get up from their normal sleeping positions and brush up next to him.

I had a little cry the other day and I had all three on me. Betty even started licking my tears dry. Gross, I pushed her off, but still, cute.

over a year ago

My goldfish is a selfish b**tard

Doesnt come near me unless he's hungry!!

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

My mum's dog certainly knows there is something very wrong at the moment - they have a 6th sense for sure

over a year ago

Mine's a dedicated furry bundle of a cat, always around when I am around and can't wait to get out and chase sticks in the garden with me when its fine. Love im.

over a year ago

"

i had a cat that suffered from depression, seriously

she lost her litter of kittens, they was all born dead, to help her over come it we got a kitten off a friend and gave it to her and soon as she had a baby to look after she picked up and got better

over a year ago

Cats deffo know when your ill or down....mine always sat at bottom of bed when i wasnt feeling well,and when my.bf died in my home she followed me for ages after and the rest of the time she was the snootiest independent likkle madam who wouldnt have given you a sideways glance......all animals have a sixth sense and know when thier owners or should i say family are ill or down.

over a year ago

I have two labradors and when me or my kids are upset they fight to give us attention or if I'm sick I end up with one on each side of me

But the cat just bugs me when I'm ill lol

over a year ago

My dog is definitely in tune with my emotions. If I'm sad she will stay by my side. If I need a good cry on my own upstairs, she'll come with me and let me hug her and cry into her fur. She waits for me every evening to return from work, sits by the window looking at about 5 mins before I'm due in. She also nuzzles my shoulder in the morning to get me up for work. I don't know how she tells the time. She's great. I am getting nervous though as she's 12 and I get scared as she's getting old.

The cat was inherited with the house. He refused to go with his owners and came back to the house. They didn't move far and came to collect him but he only came back once he was let out again. The kids had him in and fed him and that was it. He's a miserable bastard though. He looks cute sat on my windowsill, especially in summer when all my flowers and hanging baskets are out. But when you walk past him or if you're in the lounge and he's looking in, he gives such filthy looks, as if to say 'you horrible piece of shit' and I fuind it really amusing. Wouldn't be the same if he was a friendly cat

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

Both my dogs knew when I was going to have an epileptic seizure.

My Dad came home from work one day to find me on the floor just coming out of a seizure and the dog laid between the fire hearth and my head so I didn't bang it. The dog refused to move until I had sat up and was on the sofa.

over a year ago

My pets are great when I am upset- they weld themselves to me, so much so that my dog follows me to the toilet and puts her head on my knee!

over a year ago

"My pets are great when I am upset- they weld themselves to me, so much so that my dog follows me to the toilet and puts her head on my knee!"

aye sniffing near ur arsehole! hehehe

over a year ago

"My pets are great when I am upset- they weld themselves to me, so much so that my dog follows me to the toilet and puts her head on my knee!

aye sniffing near ur arsehole! hehehe"

If you tink a womans knee is near her arshole, you been doin it all wrong boy

over a year ago

*think

over a year ago

"My pets are great when I am upset- they weld themselves to me, so much so that my dog follows me to the toilet and puts her head on my knee!

If you tink a womans knee is near her arshole, you been doin it all wrong boy "

must just be that strong a smell...no need to et closer!!!

xxx

over a year ago

must just be that strong a smell...no need to get closer!!!

xxx"

over a year ago

xxx"

Ooo get you, saucer of milk for table 5

over a year ago

xxx

Ooo get you, saucer of milk for table 5 "

i know what i'd be lapping up under the table!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehe xpurrrx

Post new Message to Thread