Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Rest in peace boys

Jump to newest

By *atisfy jane OP   Woman
over a year ago

Torquay

Terrible reports today of Six UK soldiers killed in a single explosion in Afghanistan....yet another sad day for our brave fighting men and women serving in this hell hole.

Rest in Peace

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Well said xx

over a year ago

Agreed .. Time to get them home ..

By *entscotscplCouple
over a year ago

falkirk ish

Lest we forget

over a year ago

RIP...

And prayers to all of their loved ones...

over a year ago

Having been the daughter of a soldier and knowing how tight regiments become as an extended family it must be truly awful for the regiment effected. Spent a decent part of my life in Warminster so its odd seeing it on the news in such tragic circumstances.

Sleep well lads and RIP

over a year ago

Time all our lads were home R.I.P and condolences to their families.

over a year ago

RIP.

Dreadful news as they were based in the same county where I live.

And I know of people who are still working at the camp there.

By *aceytopWoman
over a year ago

from a town near you

god bless

over a year ago

R.I.P all those who have given their lives.

I wish I could say that they are the last and that no other families have to grieve.

God have mercy on all their souls. xxxx

over a year ago

yes bring them all home ,, well said R.I.P

By *arkstaffsMan
over a year ago

Rugeley

Amen.

Rest in Peace brave men.

over a year ago

"Agreed .. Time to get them home .."

+1

over a year ago

Im sure as a nation we are all so proud of our soldiers,and my deepest sympathies go to all who have lost their lives past and present in another bloody pointless war.

By *haynebabeCouple
over a year ago

Walsall

"yes bring them all home ,, well said R.I.P "

over a year ago

my heart is breaking for their mothers

RIP boys

over a year ago

The IED went off underneath their Challenger vehicle, which offered no protection whatsoever and they were all killed outright. The MOD should hang their heads in shame at sending troops out on deserted roads with vehicles not equipped to protect our troops from the type of enemy they're fighting.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

RIP..

sad indeed..

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

very very sad,

god bless them and their families x

and thank you x

over a year ago

very sad to hear R I P boys xx

bring them home before anymore lose their lives and leave devasted families behind.

By *els_BellsWoman
over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

"very very sad,

god bless them and their families x

and thank you x"

well said.

Poor souls and their families and friends. RIP x

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

rest in peace.

over a year ago

** correction, in my earlier post I said they were in a Challenger vehicle when in fact it was a Warrior and had been upgraded several times. This bomb was bigger than the usual IEDs the Taliban plant, and the Warrior, and those inside it, never stood a chance.

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

"The IED went off underneath their Challenger vehicle, which offered no protection whatsoever and they were all killed outright. The MOD should hang their heads in shame at sending troops out on deserted roads with vehicles not equipped to protect our troops from the type of enemy they're fighting."

It was a Warrior, which has over 6 tonnes of extra armour on an already amoured chassis of 28 tonnes, if a bomb can wipe that out then nothing would stop it.

over a year ago

Thanks for your thoughts for the boys

over a year ago

"The IED went off underneath their Challenger vehicle, which offered no protection whatsoever and they were all killed outright. The MOD should hang their heads in shame at sending troops out on deserted roads with vehicles not equipped to protect our troops from the type of enemy they're fighting.

It was a Warrior, which has over 6 tonnes of extra armour on an already amoured chassis of 28 tonnes, if a bomb can wipe that out then nothing would stop it."

Thanks for the correction, I already corrected myself above your post. Poor buggers never stood a chance.

over a year ago

A very big IED - hopefully not the start of things to come

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Rushden

So sad.. Monday was the funeral of Senior Aircraftman Ryan Tomlin. I believe that was 390.. Six more today and no real end in sight..

For their families there are no words of comfort that will help at the moment. They have their memories, but their hopes for the future are dashed..

So sad...

By *enithWoman
over a year ago

closer than you think

My heart sinks everytime I hear that another of our brave soldiers has been killed/injured and 6 lives at one time is heartbreaking

Please let's get our boys out before more lives are lost and more families are left devastated

R.I.P

over a year ago

"My heart sinks everytime I hear that another of our brave soldiers has been killed/injured and 6 lives at one time is heartbreaking

Please let's get our boys out before more lives are lost and more families are left devastated

R.I.P"

I had a few anxious hours waiting after hearing the news, a nephew of in-laws is out in Afghan with 3 Yorks at the moment. Thankfully he is OK but that does not take the sadness away for the families of the six who lost their lives. R.I.P

over a year ago

Sad news aint it for the familys of the lads. 5 lads from the Yorks and 1 lad from the Duke of Lancasters 1st batalion that was formerly known as 1QLR.

I was in that reg my self so I hope I dont no the lad in question when the names are released. Again sad news tho aint it. I think its about time we pulled all our troops out of there now.

This is a pointless war that is controlled for political gain only. Taking the lifes of young soldiers and causing nothing but grief for there loved ones. For what purpose??

over a year ago

My thoughts with those who are waiting for wives, husbands, daughters, sons, and friends but knowing there will be no smiles.

over a year ago

Gone is the sound of battle field guns, heavenly trumpets replace. With your final parade on the drill square of God, his inspection awaits. The lowering of the flag and the sun in the sky, a whisper is heard through all of the cries. Your service is over, no more shall you fear, now an angel of God your place is right here. One last command for you to obey; STAND EASY my sons on this darkest of days.

RIP the 6 Fallen Heroes lets bring the rest home now before any more lifes are lost. Or kit up the politians that send them there and drill them hard through riffle lesson one

over a year ago

Sad day for all.

Let's get the rest back safe and sound

(Fingers crosed)

Forum Mod

over a year ago

This post has really got to me,I read it hours ago and its taken me this long to respond,I know you meant to bring home all the soldiers that are out there but all I could hear in my head was time to bring home those poor 6 that died today and it just made me choke with emotion

By *ixson-BallsMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

a very sad day...

flag at half mast...

i salute the very brave lads and lasses of our armed forces...

over a year ago

"Terrible reports today of Six UK soldiers killed in a single explosion in Afghanistan....yet another sad day for our brave fighting men and women serving in this hell hole.

Rest in Peace"

Afghanistan is not a "hell-hole", I will grant you that it does not have the same "luxuries" as defined by the west. However it is a country populated by around 35 million people, many of whom, do not believe they are living in hell.

My sympathy for the families of the soldiers killed today, in a beautiful country, rich in culture, history and potential; killed by a minority group of people, determined to prevent traditional Afghani values from prevailing.

Afghanistan is a country that has been continuously invaded, "liberated", annexed and in general "used" by various countries and cultures for political ends, leaving the population exasperated and unsure of their own future. hundreds of thousands of Afghani's have died during these times (including the two invasions by the British in the 19th century).

I make these statements not to pour oil on grief, nor to start a debate about "freedom", merely to say, having travelled to, and within Afghanistan on numerous occasions and having lived there for over a year, it is certainly no hell-hole.

Plymouth on the otherhand.......

By *acciWoman
over a year ago

leeds

Sleep tight boys R.I.P xx

over a year ago

"A very big IED - hopefully not the start of things to come"
. Winter is now over and this time of year we always see more activity from them I lost my best mate over there in sept something I will never get over,RIP all 6 brave soldiers you are all heroes in my eyes, serving your country in a pointless war, how many more have to die before they are brought home where they belong, thoughts with family's and friends, stand at ease brave men your job is done

By *ustyWoman
over a year ago

inverclyde

thoughts are with all families at this sad loss RIP all........ and thoughts are with those who are out there still stay safe all...... time to bring all our troops back

By *ellhatterMan
over a year ago

slough

yes indeed. rip those six. :angels:

over a year ago

Having served in Afgahnistan I think hell hole is used to define the whole experience of the harsh conditions the soldiers live in. Often no electricity, water, fresh food etc not to mention the fire fights with the TB.

Some places are lovely, Helmand is a bit of a terrible place. And none of them are on Fab!!

over a year ago

what more can we ask of these kids in many cases

just so sad to hear

respect

By *reezkyMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

Just read this forum and would like to say thanks to all that are think of the fallen soldiers! Thank you all and R.I.P all who have fought and fallen with the ultimite sacrifice we shall meet again soon one day and your never forgot.

By *amish SMan
over a year ago

Eastleigh

This was the sad news that was announced on my drive home. At work I was reading on the net of a member the Queens Dragoon Guards that had been ambushed and shot in the back, he survived and carried on in the fire-fight due to his quality body armour.

It must surely now be time to get them out, or take the restrictions away that we abide by in dealing with the Taiban, so the lads can go get them and and put them on the back foot. It is no good trying to rebuild a country with the Taliban looking on from the hills - they need to be dealt with first.

By *atisfy jane OP   Woman
over a year ago

Torquay

"Terrible reports today of Six UK soldiers killed in a single explosion in Afghanistan....yet another sad day for our brave fighting men and women serving in this hell hole.

Rest in Peace

Afghanistan is not a "hell-hole", I will grant you that it does not have the same "luxuries" as defined by the west. However it is a country populated by around 35 million people, many of whom, do not believe they are living in hell.

My sympathy for the families of the soldiers killed today, in a beautiful country, rich in culture, history and potential; killed by a minority group of people, determined to prevent traditional Afghani values from prevailing.

Afghanistan is a country that has been continuously invaded, "liberated", annexed and in general "used" by various countries and cultures for political ends, leaving the population exasperated and unsure of their own future. hundreds of thousands of Afghani's have died during these times (including the two invasions by the British in the 19th century).

I make these statements not to pour oil on grief, nor to start a debate about "freedom", merely to say, having travelled to, and within Afghanistan on numerous occasions and having lived there for over a year, it is certainly no hell-hole.

Plymouth on the otherhand......."

Try living in Helmand Province for a year.....now....in 2012.

My nephew recently returned from a tour of the place....I'd rather take his word on it being a hell hole than yours....but then again he was on active service, maybe a bit different than your years stay?

Post new Message to Thread