Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

book vote

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

here we go guys n gals the vote for the next book in our book club

the genre is Crime Drama

just vote for the book that you fancy reading most and i will announce on friday which one has won which gives us all time to get it for the next session of book club

here we go

book 1

'Midwinter Sacrifice' Description

'An investigation consists of a mass of voices, the sort you can hear, and the sort you can't. You have to listen to the soundless voices, Malin. That's where the truth is hidden.' Early one morning in the coldest winter in Swedish memory, police detective Malin Fors is called away from the warm flat she shares with her teenage daughter. The naked body of a man has been found hanging from a tree on the deserted, frozen plain outside the town of Linkoping. From the outset Malin is confronted with a host of unanswered questions: Who is the dead man? How did he end up in a tree? And where did the strange wounds on his body come from? Malin and her team must search for the truth in a community that seems determined to keep its secrets, and follow in the frigid wake of a killer to the darkest corners of the human heart.

book 2

'Bloody Valentine' Description

This year Valentine's Day isn't for romance. It's for murder. Mega rich restaurant owner Jack Barnes and his second wife Zee are very much in love. However, their plans for Valentine's Day are about to be torn apart by the most violent murder. Who is the strange figure plotting this sick crime? Who hates Jack that much? There are plenty of suspects living in Jack's fancy block of flats. Is it them, or could it be the work of an outsider with a twisted mind? One thing's for sure, the police have got their work cut out solving this bloody mess.

book 3

'Born Evil' Description

June Dawson has come a long way from the rough East End background where she met, got pregnant by and eventually married charming, reckless Johnny Fuller. Now she lives in leafy Rainham, in a nice little cul-de-sac, with her ultra-respectable second husband and a lovely social life. Then her world collapses when daughter Debbie announces that she is pregnant by her low-life, drug addict boyfriend, Billy McDaid. June feels as though she is being physically sucked back into the world of villains and thugs she thought she had escaped for ever. But worse is to come. Much, much worse. The baby - doted on by his violent, feckless dad - grows into the child from hell: mean, sadistic and out of control. Suddenly the family is not just in crisis. It is in meltdown.

book 4

'The Retribution' Description

There is one serial killer who has shaped and defined police profiler Tony Hill's life. One serial killer whose evil surpasses all others. One serial killer who has the power to chill him to the bone: Jacko Vance. And now Jacko is back in Tony's life. Even more twisted and cunning than ever before, he is focused on wreaking revenge on Tony - and DCI Carol Jordan - for the years he has spent in prison. Tony doesn't know when Jacko will strike, or where. All he knows is that Jacko will cause him to feel fear like he has never known before ? and devastate his life in ways he cannot imagine...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

i'm going with 4

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

am torn between them....all fabulous writers, but my vote going with number 1 on the list

over a year ago

"am torn between them....all fabulous writers, but my vote going with number 1 on the list "

i deliberately didn't put authors so as not to sway anyone trust you to know who they were hadn't bargained on that

over a year ago

"am torn between them....all fabulous writers, but my vote going with number 1 on the list

i deliberately didn't put authors so as not to sway anyone trust you to know who they were hadn't bargained on that "

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I might sit this one out as im half way through a book and my kindle should be here tomorrow.

But if im sorted by next wednesday i will join in

So i vote for number 1

When are we going to discuss the one weve just read

over a year ago

"I might sit this one out as im half way through a book and my kindle should be here tomorrow.

But if im sorted by next wednesday i will join in

So i vote for number 1

When are we going to discuss the one weve just read"

next tuesday hunny thats the end of 3 weeks well almost should be wed but if all goes to plan i'll be in hospital so i've got to do it tuesday

over a year ago

bump

By *enithWoman
over a year ago

closer than you think

my vote is for book 3

and I'd better do some serious reading, not had a lot of time last few weeks (been on a serious job hunt and pleased to say it has paid off - start a new job on Friday )

over a year ago

"my vote is for book 3

and I'd better do some serious reading, not had a lot of time last few weeks (been on a serious job hunt and pleased to say it has paid off - start a new job on Friday )"

thats great news congratulations

xxxxxxxxxxxx

over a year ago

Any more joining us this time?

over a year ago

1 or 4

1 or 4

hmmmmmm 1 as the group book I think and I'll read 4 as a spare book.

over a year ago

Well It's looking like its going to be number 1

I'll bump this back up today and let you all know tomorrow which one we are going for

over a year ago

Just spotted the thread, I like the sound of No.1

Post new Message to Thread