Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

journal

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

does anyone here keep a journal?

i just had a moment where i was about to post a thread about something to do with our youngest lad and his eventual tour and how its affecting me but stopped myself as its way too personal to post on here but just typing it all helped even though i deleted it so i'm thinking a journal may help

does anyone else keep one and does it help to write down personal feelings even though they will never be shared?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I dont keep one but i should, ive blogged on other sites about all kinds of everything, usually in the middle of the night when thoughts come in your mind.

But if you feel better for doing it even though you deleted it good for youxxx

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I have kept a journal for many years.It always helps me when I have something on my mind. It's also great to look back on when things have changed. The pure act of writing something down can change your perspective on a situation.

over a year ago

I keep an online journal that I must write in at least once every day... often its more than that.. but I must write in it at least once.

I have always kept a diary though...

Cali

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I have kept a journal since i was 17, it can be fun reading back, i wouldnt show them to anyone

over a year ago

I didn't keep a journal as such....i used to write poetry to get it all out of my system.......often thought about starting one, but afraid someone might read it....lolol

over a year ago

"I didn't keep a journal as such....i used to write poetry to get it all out of my system.......often thought about starting one, but afraid someone might read it....lolol"

i did worry about someone reading it inhibiting my thoughts but i'm sure if i ask mr b to keep his nose out he would, not because i keep secrets from him but because i want to be able to write down all my fears get them out of my system and i wouldn't want him to worry about me if he read them

By *ub bbwWoman
over a year ago

oldbury

i keep one now for Sir we look back over it and sometimes laugh at the entries but no one else can see it its between us i use it to write down my feelings and reactions to how things are in my life

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

My mum kept diaries for years, when she died suddenly, I found them, they went back to 1955.

They held every birth, marriage and death in our family, including my birth and how she felt when she finally got to hold me, due to her being ill she didn't see me for two weeks after I was born as she was held in isolation. There were her fears and hopes for me through the years.

She was a carer for my step father for years and he died in 2000. In 2001 her diary changes, no longer filled with notes on the weather, what she did in her garden and her handwriting changed. She died in November 2001 after a 6 week illness. Reading though the last 11 months of her life fills me with sorrow that what she dismissed as grieving for her husband was in fact Cancer.

I kept some not all of her diaries. They are a part of history.

over a year ago

"My mum kept diaries for years, when she died suddenly, I found them, they went back to 1955.

They held every birth, marriage and death in our family, including my birth and how she felt when she finally got to hold me, due to her being ill she didn't see me for two weeks after I was born as she was held in isolation. There were her fears and hopes for me through the years.

She was a carer for my step father for years and he died in 2000. In 2001 her diary changes, no longer filled with notes on the weather, what she did in her garden and her handwriting changed. She died in November 2001 after a 6 week illness. Reading though the last 11 months of her life fills me with sorrow that what she dismissed as grieving for her husband was in fact Cancer.

I kept some not all of her diaries. They are a p art of history."

Wow thankyou for sharing that it actually got me blubbering again its very touching hunny

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

"does anyone here keep a journal?

i just had a moment where i was about to post a thread about something to do with our youngest lad and his eventual tour and how its affecting me but stopped myself as its way too personal to post on here but just typing it all helped even though i deleted it so i'm thinking a journal may help

does anyone else keep one and does it help to write down personal feelings even though they will never be shared?"

i do,i keep it online in the form of a blog,one that a very few people know about .

I also have to keep one for my course, it is a great way of exploring and expressing emotions .It also is good to look back and see how u have grown and changed .

hugs for you and your boy ,today mst be especially hard.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

over a year ago

My car used to have her own blog featuring her trips in the UK and Europe.

The webhost went bust, and I did not have a copy of all the files, hence I had not rebuilt the site.

over a year ago

"does anyone here keep a journal?

does anyone else keep one and does it help to write down personal feelings even though they will never be shared?

i do,i keep it online in the form of a blog,one that a very few people know about .

I also have to keep one for my course, it is a great way of exploring and expressing emotions .It also is good to look back and see how u have grown and changed .

hugs for you and your boy ,today mst be especially hard.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

thankyou hunny your right it is i'm struggling so hugs gratefully recieved

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

over a year ago

"i keep one now for Sir we look back over it and sometimes laugh at the entries but no one else can see it its between us i use it to write down my feelings and reactions to how things are in my life"

Isnt it funny to look back.. I sometimes read old entries and think omg.. I was a brat.. lol

Cali

By *aceytopWoman
over a year ago

from a town near you

its a bad day today for anyone with loved ones in the forces,if it helps you write it down,anything that helps you to get through it is worth it

good luck and love to you and your boy

over a year ago

"its a bad day today for anyone with loved ones in the forces,if it helps you write it down,anything that helps you to get through it is worth it

good luck and love to you and your boy"

thankyou hunny

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

By *exki11enWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

I blog. It's published but no one reads it and i'm happy with that. It really does help to be able to get out what you could never possibly say to anyone else.

over a year ago

Anything that helps you cope with a difficult or stressful situation is worth doing, do what you feel will help you, doesn't matter what others think.

over a year ago

thankyou everyone

i'm going to go into town friday and buy myself a book to right it all down in, i think its really going to help me

over a year ago

I have always wanted to write a blog, but i don't know how to get started or where to post them. If anyone has some spare time. please could you message me and advise?

Thank You,

Sarah xx

By *waymanMan
over a year ago

newcastle

"I have always wanted to write a blog, but i don't know how to get started or where to post them. If anyone has some spare time. please could you message me and advise?

Thank You,

Sarah xx"

You've blocked all responses from males, so I can't PM you about it.

However....

First decide what you want to blog about, and what you want to reveal about you. Brooke Magnanti's problems when an ex outed her as Belle de Jour are the best known case, but if you're going to reveal things about yourself that you wouldn't share with your mum and dad, work out how you keep it private.

Decide who you want to be when you blog. You don't have to be yourself - but if you want lots of readers you need to be convincing. So if you're going to blog as your car, or your cat, work out how and why. (Not an issue for the OP but, if you're a bloke who plans to blog as a bi woman in order to get other women sending you filthy pics of themselves, don't bother - it's been done and people usually see straight through it.....)

Pick a host - I prefer wordpress, but I have used blogger in the past, and might again. Read the help files...

Work out how much effort you want to put into promoting yourself - the most effective way is to read lots of other blogs, link to them, and hope they'll reciprocate.

And enjoy it...

over a year ago

"I didn't keep a journal as such....i used to write poetry to get it all out of my system.......often thought about starting one, but afraid someone might read it....lolol"

exactly the same poetry and fear !!

By *waymanMan
over a year ago

newcastle

"thankyou everyone

i'm going to go into town friday and buy myself a book to right it all down in, i think its really going to help me "

I use really lovely leather bound books made by Nu both as my day books and as a journal for some of my work - you can get them from some branches of Wilkinsons...

over a year ago

"thankyou everyone

i'm going to go into town friday and buy myself a book to right it all down in, i think its really going to help me

I use really lovely leather bound books made by Nu both as my day books and as a journal for some of my work - you can get them from some branches of Wilkinsons..."

thankyou, i have a branch near work i'll go and see if they have any in stock

Post new Message to Thread