Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Stuttering

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Would you meet some one with a very serious speach stutter thingy??

Had to stop and speak to this guy today in Town. I must say it was hard work getting him to get a full sentence out and I did feel very sorry for him. I came away wondering how he would get on with female company.

My question is how would you see someone with such a stutter. Sure he would get better in comfort of people around him all the time??.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I used to work with someone with a severe stutter, she managed it in familiar situations only really become a problem when out and about in front of strangers.

Wouldnt put me off meeting anyone though

over a year ago

"I used to work with someone with a severe stutter, she managed it in familiar situations only really become a problem when out and about in front of strangers.

Wouldnt put me off meeting anyone though"

Glad to hear that. Well done you

over a year ago

The reason Gareth Gates career never took off after X Factor was Simon Cowell made the mistake of asking him to do a cover of the Beach Boys song Barbara Ann, and Radio 1 wouldn't commit 4 hours to playing it.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I used to see a guy with a really bad stutter, couldnt understand a word he said on the phone, he was also not of english origin so you can imagine.

Only time i could understand him was when we where both stoned.

Didnt bother me in the least, to be honest dont think it bothered him either he was never short of women

over a year ago

My daughter has a stutter its not as bad now as when she was little so no def wouldnt put me off meeting anyone.

over a year ago

I used to date a guy with a stutter.... it was great in bed...

He wouls say I'm ccc ..cccc...ccc oh fuck it too late!

(True story)

By *weet DevilMan
over a year ago

dukinfield

takes a whole new meaning on

im cummmmmmmmmmiiiinnnnnggggggg

only joking ! wouldent put me off and shouldent put off anyone

over a year ago

"My daughter has a stutter its not as bad now as when she was little so no def wouldnt put me off meeting anyone."

So is it a confidence thing then or say lack of around strangers? x

over a year ago

Colin Firth had a bad stutter in his last film, almost fucked it right up for him, but they got some other actor in who was really good with stutterers and sorted out no problemo.

over a year ago

"Colin Firth had a bad stutter in his last film, almost fucked it right up for him, but they got some other actor in who was really good with stutterers and sorted out no problemo. "

that though is a fantastic film loved it

over a year ago

"My daughter has a stutter its not as bad now as when she was little so no def wouldnt put me off meeting anyone.

So is it a confidence thing then or say lack of around strangers? x"

Dont know to be honest as the 1 thing my daughter has never lacked in is confidence. A lot of that came from starting and then going through her school years with the same bunch of friends who all allowed her to talk without taking the mickey. A very weird thing we did find was that if she talked into something be it a bottle hairbrush or whatever she never stuttered but take it away and she started again

over a year ago

"My daughter has a stutter its not as bad now as when she was little so no def wouldnt put me off meeting anyone.

So is it a confidence thing then or say lack of around strangers? x

Dont know to be honest as the 1 thing my daughter has never lacked in is confidence. A lot of that came from starting and then going through her school years with the same bunch of friends who all allowed her to talk without taking the mickey. A very weird thing we did find was that if she talked into something be it a bottle hairbrush or whatever she never stuttered but take it away and she started again "

Now thats interesting to hear

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

Ems lad has a stutter and yes, it is a cnofidence thing.

the problem is, the more you do it, the less confident you get, so it jsut gets worse.

have tried helping him through by using the same technisue that gareth gates brought to the fore when he suffered badly with it, but not having a stutter myself i cant really tell him how to overcome it.

he is a lovely lad, though, and wouldnt put us off at all

over a year ago

Are there not groups or something to get people together without making them feel out of place?

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

"Are there not groups or something to get people together without making them feel out of place?"

i would hope not.

the more you make a point of something, th worse it gets, imo

over a year ago

I was going to ask does it get better with age. Having taken personal deatials from this chap I discovered him to be 48yrs old.

Tho tempted I did not ask if he had this problem all his life. Not only would that have been awkward and draw attention to it. Would also have been un professional of me and wrong

over a year ago

"Are there not groups or something to get people together without making them feel out of place?"

Yep...!! Fabswingers...;-)

over a year ago

"Are there not groups or something to get people together without making them feel out of place?

i would hope not.

the more you make a point of something, th worse it gets, imo"

totally agree with that, the less fuss the better.

I will always remember my daughter on a school trip to a zoo that I helped out on asking a question in a huge group of not just her friends but other school children and adults she didnt know. It took her ages to get it out and the whole room sat and waited while she did . Me I cried buckets at the back I was so proud of not only my own daughter but the whole group.

over a year ago

"Are there not groups or something to get people together without making them feel out of place?

i would hope not.

the more you make a point of something, th worse it gets, imo

totally agree with that, the less fuss the better.

I will always remember my daughter on a school trip to a zoo that I helped out on asking a question in a huge group of not just her friends but other school children and adults she didnt know. It took her ages to get it out and the whole room sat and waited while she did . Me I cried buckets at the back I was so proud of not only my own daughter but the whole group."

over a year ago

"Would you meet some one with a very serious speach stutter thingy??

Had to stop and speak to this guy today in Town. I must say it was hard work getting him to get a full sentence out and I did feel very sorry for him. I came away wondering how he would get on with female company.

My question is how would you see someone with such a stutter. Sure he would get better in comfort of people around him all the time??. "

yeah i would, my first ex had a stutter, thing to remember is the more nervous someone with a stutter is the worse they stutter so you just have to make them feel relaxed and comfy in your company and never finish off a sentance for them

over a year ago

My question is how would you see someone with such a stutter. Sure he would get better in comfort of people around him all the time??.

yeah i would, my first ex had a stutter, thing to remember is the more nervous someone with a stutter is the worse they stutter so you just have to make them feel relaxed and comfy in your company and never finish off a sentance for them"

When in work mode hun I never finish a sentence off for anyone.

I prefer to use the tried and tested method of right then sir/madam in your own words dee daa dee daa dee daa

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

Years ago, I had a speech problem, not a stutter as such, but I would not be able to say a word, I knew the word I wanted to say, but couldn't say it.

for example if I wanted the salt I would ask but not be able to say the word salt. So I would ask for the pepper and then would be able to say

and the salt.

I grew out of it, but was good fun sometimes trying to think of alternative words for an item or a way round to ask for it or refer to it

By *heekychezzaWoman
over a year ago

warrington

I sometimes stutter if I'm excited....no matter how hard I try once I've started stuttering on a word I just can't get that word out. The only way to deal with it is to change the word and use an alternative. Hasn't really bothered me but has caused a lot of amusement within the family over the years

over a year ago

yeah i would, my first ex had a stutter, thing to remember is the more nervous someone with a stutter is the worse they stutter so you just have to make them feel relaxed and comfy in your company and never finish off a sentance for them

When in work mode hun I never finish a sentence off for anyone.

I prefer to use the tried and tested method of right then sir/madam in your own words dee daa dee daa dee daa "

people do tho, because it took him so long to say things and we all knew what he was trying to say people used to say it for him and he really hated that and cause it wound him up he stuttered even more

some days tho when we was in the house alone where he was comfy with his surroundings he was'nt bad at all but soon as someone came into the house he got worse again

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 07/03/12 08:35:59]

over a year ago

so here is where some of the forum TROLLS hang out ROFL

over a year ago

wouldn't put me off at all, i can't see any reason why it should though to be perfectly honest

over a year ago

weird but i had a lil stutter as a kid, my brother had it worse. only certain words would trip me up.

it was that long ago cant even remember em. BUT this year ive stuttered really badly 3 times which has come out of the blue

By *ikerbob1957Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

I'm left handed and when i was at primary school in less enlightened times I was made to write with my right hand. Needless to say it was like a chicken walking across the page. With that I also had a teacher who was obsessed by neat handwriting so I ended up getting belted with a leather strap every day for 18 months starting when I was 7 years old. Needless to say I developed a stammer which has lessened over the years but every now and again a word will refuse to come out.

over a year ago

"so here is where some of the forum TROLLS hang out ROFL "

ehh Im lost why do you say that?

By *om1noMan
over a year ago

South Worcestershire

I have a speech impediment, certain words I have trouble pronouncing for example the word clitoris is difficult for me, in fact I've been trying to get my tongue around it all my life

By *om1noMan
over a year ago

South Worcestershire

"so here is where some of the forum TROLLS hang out ROFL

ehh Im lost why do you say that?"

I find that statement odd to ?, what is the deffination of a Troll ?.

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

No wouldn't put me off meeting someone.

My dad has had a stutter all his life, I used to get really upset as a kid when people took the mick out of him.

By *amschwingerzCouple
over a year ago

West

[Removed by poster at 07/03/12 20:17:54]

over a year ago

Actions always speak louder than words

Post new Message to Thread