Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Why do you think?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

If someone told you about 30 years ago that they did something wrong, then you never mention it again until now, only they deny ever telling you about it, why would they deny it?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"If someone told you about 30 years ago that they did something wrong, then you never mention it again until now, only they deny ever telling you about it, why would they deny it?"

Jeez, you have a long memory! I forget what people tell me after 30 days, let alone 30 years.

Perhaps they regret telling you. Perhaps they forgot what they did. Perhaps they are ashamed and don't want to admit what they did. Perhaps theyre scared that you'll bring it up again if they admit it. Perhaps we don't have the first clue and you need to ask them.

Just saying.

over a year ago

Thanks for that advice, only i did ask them, but they just said it never happened, i dont believe you can forget things that easily.

By *enithWoman
over a year ago

closer than you think

Perhaps whatever they told you wasn't that "bad" - 30 years is a long time and is it really worth worrying about?

over a year ago

"Perhaps whatever they told you wasn't that "bad" - 30 years is a long time and is it really worth worrying about?"

Its just that if i tell someone something, then i wouldnt then say i didnt.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"Thanks for that advice, only i did ask them, but they just said it never happened, i dont believe you can forget things that easily."

Then they obviously don't want to talk about it. Leave it be.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Maybe they didnt really do it and were telling you for a reaction.... i had a friend like that years ago, unfortunatly for her i have a great memory and she didnt

over a year ago

Perhaps it isnt "their" memory...

For years I carried a lovely memory of an event my family and I shared together... Until, a while back, my sister proved that it couldnt have happened...;-);-)

over a year ago

Maybe they lied first time around: making something up to come across as 'cool', or to hurt someone. There could be any number of reasons depending on what 'it' was. Thirty years on they may genuinely have forgotten or just be embarrassed to remember it.

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

And whny after 30 years would you bring the subject up?

over a year ago

Could it just be that they have no memory of it? My sister and I often remind each other of things we said/did in the past and we have to work hard to dredge up the memory. Sometimes one having no recollection of it while the other does.

over a year ago

30 years is long enough to have enough time to raise the issue and discuss it. If someone raised something with me after 30 years I'd tell them the moment to talk about it had long passed and I don't wish to discuss it. Period.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I would just leave it, they either genuinally cant remember or if it was something bad are too ashamed to want to talk about it now

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"If someone told you about 30 years ago that they did something wrong, then you never mention it again until now, only they deny ever telling you about it, why would they deny it?"

Maybe, they made it up at the time.

Maybe, they have put in behind them and don't want it being brought back up.

Maybe, they honestly can't remember.

Not really sure, why you would choose to bring something 'bad' up, after all this time with your friend.

Post new Message to Thread