Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

car stickerz etc

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

wid it b possible 4 uz 2 get car stickerz, fridge magnetz, n keyringz 2 advertise fabswingerz? a want commission 4 thiz idea lol x wat dae ppl think or am a jst stark ravin mad? hmmmmm? x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I like the idea...

but you are barking mad if you think you will get the royalities

good idea tho

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"wid it b possible 4 uz 2 get car stickerz, fridge magnetz, n keyringz 2 advertise fabswingerz? a want commission 4 thiz idea lol x wat dae ppl think or am a jst stark ravin mad? hmmmmm? x "

Car stickers would no doubt be useful in certain circumstances - late night car parks, hooking up with random folk on long, dull motorway journeys etc. Might have to combine the car sticker/fridge magnet idea though so you can take them off when popping down to tesco's - or your nan's! lol

over a year ago

You were desperate to be a chat mod - why the Hell do you type like this ?

Do you really think chatters would undertand a word that you typed ?

over a year ago

"You were desperate to be a chat mod - why the Hell do you type like this ?

Do you really think chatters would undertand a word that you typed ?"

Thinks - Text type of speak is annoying nowadays x

over a year ago

Thinks - Text type of speak is annoying nowadays x "

Not a huge fan of it myself - but then there's lots of annoying things in life!

Taxes.

Petrol Prices.

Traffic Wardens.

Posting a response on a forum completely unrelated to the OP's initial train of thought/comment.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Somehow I can't see it catching on that much, as swinging for many of us is something that we're fairly discreet about.

Rather than pull them in, it's potentially better to have them find us. With any advertising/PR, targeted advertising is the likely best, as it hits only those that you want to get the message: it's also less resource intensive. Car stickers etc, would likely be much more like mass marketing, hitting the 99% of people that we probably don't need to hit.

Now promotional items, to keep people feeling good about the site, that's a bit different. Not sure what I'd do when the kids borrow my Fabswingers pen and take it to school to write with, though.

over a year ago

do u not mean UNDERSTAND?

over a year ago

Thinks - Text type of speak is annoying nowadays x "

dont u mean abbreviation?

over a year ago

cnt u kp 2 the topic? or u jst lookin 2 cause a problem? make ur own topic if u mst!

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

cnt u kp 2 the topic? or u jst lookin 2 cause a problem? make ur own topic if u mst! "

your 38, not 14. although im sorry, you may have a broken keyboard so i will give you the benefit of the doubt.

another forumite already does swinging stickerS.

they are sold on ebay.

over a year ago

we just dont like text speak !!

its like trying to understand codes !!

we didnt mean to hijack thread or cause any offence - sorry folks xx

over a year ago

"we just dont like text speak !!

its like trying to understand codes !!

we didnt mean to hijack thread or cause any offence - sorry folks xx

"

Altho - you could have any amount of stickers or t-shirts keyrings or mugs etc etc etc#

with - i love FABS or similar written on it !?!?!

over a year ago

i wish i could post the link - but the first CUP with "i love FABS" has just appeared on ebay.. only 5 quid for a cup out of poundland .. bargain..

there is no ebay link - yet

over a year ago

"we just dont like text speak !!

its like trying to understand codes "

+1. can't be bothered to translate messages in text speak. if we get messages in text speak we delete them because it sounds like it comes from someone lazy.

Back to the thread. would love a FAB mug

over a year ago

So glad other fabsters translated the op's post!!! I had no idea what she was trying to say??

Does this mean i am offically old and past it??

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

"So glad other fabsters translated the op's post!!! I had no idea what she was trying to say??

Does this mean i am offically old and past it??"

No it means you give consideration to other users, and are not seeking to gain attention in an annoying manner.

over a year ago

"I like the idea...

but you are barking mad if you think you will get the royalities

good idea tho"

over a year ago

oooofffffffffttttttttttt here goez..... how other people write/text should not come into the matter, i take people az i find them. i am not so stuck up to rip the piss out of people on how they send a message az at end of the day itz about the fun and banter! not how people send a message. n yez i do use a *Z* a *S* thatz my own individuality and i am entitled to that lol. back to the thread itz meant to be a laugh not grief. thank you

hope that helpz you to understand now in english rather than my own way. glad to be of service

over a year ago

wot ingerlish izzat?

By *empnbunkCouple
over a year ago

south coast

I understood it fine I must be younger than I thot yayyyyy

over a year ago

hexham

"oooofffffffffttttttttttt here goez..... how other people write/text should not come into the matter, i take people az i find them. i am not so stuck up to rip the piss out of people on how they send a message az at end of the day itz about the fun and banter! not how people send a message. n yez i do use a *Z* a *S* thatz my own individuality and i am entitled to that lol. back to the thread itz meant to be a laugh not grief. thank you

hope that helpz you to understand now in english rather than my own way. glad to be of service "

It isa written medium ,therefore of course the way you choose to write matters, the fact you admit it is done for attention simply shows a singular lack of respect for others

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Another classic weird Fab thread....

over a year ago

I don't like text speak, and at times find it hard to read BUT...

I do not think people have the right to slag someone off and high jack a light hearted fun thread.

Who are we to say, that is right and this is wrong, what's right for one might not be right for the next person.

If you don't like it then move on to the next thread, i think some people just like to cut other people down and i see them do it over and over again any chance they get, does it make you feel better to belittle others???

kat

over a year ago

I dunno, if they were spelling mistakes and people were cutting someone down for that then that would be unacceptable as some people have difficulty spelling.

But the text speak and using Zs is a choice and therefore open to criticism. If I started typing in a foreign language I'm sure I'd be told to write in English.

By *empnbunkCouple
over a year ago

south coast

Back on topic ..... I think a wee symbol on a car sticker would be fab idea if its subtle

over a year ago

Secret handshake would be better.

over a year ago

Fabs stickers, lapel pins, etc etc are all a good idea…. until ya mom asks what it is….

Or even worse, has one too

over a year ago

"I don't like text speak, and at times find it hard to read BUT...

I do not think people have the right to slag someone off and high jack a light hearted fun thread.

Who are we to say, that is right and this is wrong, what's right for one might not be right for the next person.

If you don't like it then move on to the next thread, i think some people just like to cut other people down and i see them do it over and over again any chance they get, does it make you feel better to belittle others???

kat

"

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

kat

"

why move on, though?

its a good topic and a good thing to discuss, just written in a terrible way is all

over a year ago

hexham

"I dunno, if they were spelling mistakes and people were cutting someone down for that then that would be unacceptable as some people have difficulty spelling.

But the text speak and using Zs is a choice and therefore open to criticism. If I started typing in a foreign language I'm sure I'd be told to write in English. "

i am dyslexic and dyspraxic, another regular poster is blind(not comparing the two, just saying we both have reasons for spelling mistakes) However in this case the OP has said that they choose to post the way they do because it provokes a response, therefore any response they get is legitimate...

And for those of us who have trouble reading her it is legitimate to point out that her style is hard to read, and if she ignores the needs of all forum users ,disrespectful.

Respect for those with disabilities is nothing but empathy and compassion, something the OP refuses to have.

over a year ago

hexham

kat

"

i feel belittled by someone who posts in a way i cannot understand

over a year ago

"I dunno, if they were spelling mistakes and people were cutting someone down for that then that would be unacceptable as some people have difficulty spelling.

But the text speak and using Zs is a choice and therefore open to criticism. If I started typing in a foreign language I'm sure I'd be told to write in English.

i am dyslexic and dyspraxic, another regular poster is blind(not comparing the two, just saying we both have reasons for spelling mistakes) However in this case the OP has said that they choose to post the way they do because it provokes a response, therefore any response they get is legitimate...

And for those of us who have trouble reading her it is legitimate to point out that her style is hard to read, and if she ignores the needs of all forum users ,disrespectful.

Respect for those with disabilities is nothing but empathy and compassion, something the OP refuses to have.

"

Not once as the op said she writes like she does to provoke a response so where you get that from I have no idea

It is her choice to write the way she wants, just like it's your choice to read it or not. You have all jumped on this thread, high jacked it and behaved appallingly.

You all bang on about personal choice bla bla bla but then jump on someone like this.

Is it any wonder you dont get many new people on the forums with the way people are critizied.

Its about time some people got there heads from out of there own backsides.

Kat!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 05/03/12 01:55:41]

over a year ago

I just love the way people actually reply :-/ and keep coming back to argue lol lol does it really matter if somebody uses abbreviations and text script ?? If you can't make sense of it just ignore the tread, sure there are plenty of others around who can read and make sense without having to think twice bout it.

Guys you must relax a bit and enjoy the banter!!

Car stickers, tea shirts and mugs are all fab ideas ) but not sure if I can sport any ( x

over a year ago

Not once as the op said she writes like she does to provoke a response so where you get that from I have no idea

It is her choice to write the way she wants, just like it's your choice to read it or not. You have all jumped on this thread, high jacked it and behaved appallingly.

You all bang on about personal choice bla bla bla but then jump on someone like this.

Is it any wonder you dont get many new people on the forums with the way people are critizied.

Its about time some people got there heads from out of there own backsides.

Kat!"

I fully agree to that ) its our choice to read or not to read if we don't like it... No one is forcing anyone... And people just hijacked it blabbering on and on about completely off topic stuff...

Pardon, but just thought I'll paste some interesting stuff here )

I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid, aocdcrnig to rseecrah at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mttaer in waht oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whoutit a pboerlm. Tihs is bucseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey ltteer by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Aaznmig, huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghhuot slelinpg was ipmorantt! See if yuor fdreins can raed tihs too.

So actually it doesn't matter how you write as long as the message gets conveyed xx

over a year ago

ive the best car sticker ever....

reads....

EX HUSBAND IN BOOT....best 49p in morrisons ive ever spent...even got it mentioned in our local paper...

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Rushden

"I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid, aocdcrnig to rseecrah at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mttaer in waht oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whoutit a pboerlm. Tihs is bucseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey ltteer by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Aaznmig, huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghhuot slelinpg was ipmorantt! See if yuor fdreins can raed tihs too.

So actually it doesn't matter how you write as long as the message gets conveyed xx

"

Of course it matters! That may well be readable, but it takes a lot longer than if it was typed correctly. Text speak is not the same as letter mixing. The brain can decipher mixed lettering as it recognises letters in the word. Text speak is an alien language to most people over 16, because most start to grow up at that age.

As for stickers and the like? Are people so desperate that they have to look for opportunities everywhere they go? This is like the Chameleon badges.. OK until someone discovers what they signify.. And would you really stick a sticker on your car to let everyone know you’re a swinger?

Nearly forgot.. Err... Each to their own..

over a year ago

I want a car bumper sign, but don't think I would want one depicting am a swinger.

The sort of bumper sign that would suit my personality is this...........

"If your going to be that close up my arse, pull my hair and call me BITCH"

over a year ago

hexham

"I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid, aocdcrnig to rseecrah at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mttaer in waht oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whoutit a pboerlm. Tihs is bucseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey ltteer by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Aaznmig, huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghhuot slelinpg was ipmorantt! See if yuor fdreins can raed tihs too.

Of course it matters! That may well be readable, but it takes a lot longer than if it was typed correctly. Text speak is not the same as letter mixing. The brain can decipher mixed lettering as it recognises letters in the word. Text speak is an alien language to most people over 16, because most start to grow up at that age.

As for stickers and the like? Are people so desperate that they have to look for opportunities everywhere they go? This is like the Chameleon badges.. OK until someone discovers what they signify.. And would you really stick a sticker on your car to let everyone know you’re a swinger?

Nearly forgot.. Err... Each to their own.. "

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

I while back I saw a young lady driving a pink micra with a bumper sticker saying 'I LOVE MY BUTT PLUG'.

Suffice to say I followed her home and watched her for several days.

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

"I want a car bumper sign, but don't think I would want one depicting am a swinger.

The sort of bumper sign that would suit my personality is this...........

"If your going to be that close up my arse, pull my hair and call me BITCH""

over a year ago

"I while back I saw a young lady driving a pink micra with a bumper sticker saying 'I LOVE MY BUTT PLUG'.

Suffice to say I followed her home and watched her for several days."

You should print a new one for her in small letters saying "If you're so far up my arse you can read this - too late - it's already full!" and hand deliver it - never know your luck!

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"wid it b possible 4 uz 2 get car stickerz, fridge magnetz, n keyringz 2 advertise fabswingerz? a want commission 4 thiz idea lol x wat dae ppl think or am a jst stark ravin mad? hmmmmm? x "

Probably possible, another site we are on has pins, Tshirts, mugs, pens etc.

But not something I would be interested in buying or want.

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

"I while back I saw a young lady driving a pink micra with a bumper sticker saying 'I LOVE MY BUTT PLUG'.

Suffice to say I followed her home and watched her for several days.

You should print a new one for her in small letters saying "If you're so far up my arse you can read this - too late - it's already full!" and hand deliver it - never know your luck! "

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

pssst wanna buy any zztop merchandise?

Post new Message to Thread