Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Alcohol consumed

Jump to newest

By *layfullsam OP   Man
over a year ago

Solihull

In an average week how much do you consume and do you abstain when its work in the morning

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

In an average week very little. Haven't been truly d*unk for 18 months. Didn't like the 2 day hangovers

over a year ago

Average week its about 3 units.. I tend to have the odd glass of wine at the weekend.

I don't drink much because of always being my daughters carer.

Cali

over a year ago

Rarely drink, but Kate knocks enough back for both of us.

I've only had 5 pints since Christmas Eve

I'm not teetotal, but every now and again I'll have a few beers, but rarely more than 3 or 4

Never been much of a boozer

over a year ago

3-4 glasses of wine a week is about my limit these days. I have not got d*unk in years as, the last time, I was really unwell for a few days so it's not worth it.

over a year ago

I go through periods of drinking regularly, week days or weekends...then, not at all, non drinking period is usually for several months.

over a year ago

I have a couple of stumpy bottles of kronenburg each evening, and usually go to the pub sat or sun lunchtime if footy is on. I don't drink anywhere near as much as I used to and we've still got a box of wine left over from Xmas we haven't opened yet.

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

havent d*unk d*unk for over 7 years.

if youaverage it out over a year, it probalby wouldnt even be a unit a month i reckon.

over a year ago

Seldom drink during weekdays, usually a glass of wine or a beer with meal at weekends.

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

Cant actually remember the last time I had a drink - maybe a glass or two of port at Christmas?

Not teetotal but I never even think about drinking at home, and if I go out Im always driving.

over a year ago

Depends how much i go out, i never drink in the house, i only drink if im on a night out, i do at times drink quite a bit on a night out but then it could be weeks/months before i drink again, i do take a drink if i go swinging clubs, but never enough to get d*unk on and when it runs out i go onto soft drinks, if i go on a personal meet i dont drink, i wouldnt go round to someones house and sit drinking or take a drink to a hotel

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

My alcohol intake is 0 units 50 weeks out of the year. Ive had alcohol once this year so far and that was a bottle and half of wine in one night, would of been more ifi hadnt have passed out. So my next drink will either be august bank holiday or christmas.

Thing is if you worked out my average alcohol units for the two days a year i drink it would probley work out the same as everyone else who drinks all year round

over a year ago

In units I aint got a clue, but I (Bob) will drink 3 x 1.5ltr Bottles of ASDA Cider between Saturday night and Sunday night.

Mrs Red will drink 2 bottles of wine over the same period.

Weekdays, as a rule we drink nothing and no I (Bob) wouldn't refrain from drinking if I had work tomorrow, but Mrs Red would .....

over a year ago

Hello Sam,

well so far mostly abstainers; I do like my beer and I do like wine, I certainly drink every day and have done so for all my life (about 50 years of reglar drinking).

Maybe a half with lunch every day and a pint at six o'clock, a dry sherry while cooking dinner and share a bottle of wine with my wife over dinner.

I don't go out that much these days but if I do it's a few pints of good beer. I hate hangovers so it's once in a blue moon I ever have one (usually due to son in law opening too many bottles of wine) I feel that the medical _iew of x number of units is a, very conservative nad b takes no account of the relative strenght of the drink. Which is worse six whiskys or six beers both with the same quantity of alchohol?

Alec

over a year ago

"Seldom drink during weekdays, usually a glass of wine or a beer with meal at weekends.

"

Or rat arsed then you go to Butlins

over a year ago

"Hello Sam,

well so far mostly abstainers; I do like my beer and I do like wine, I certainly drink every day and have done so for all my life (about 50 years of reglar drinking).

Maybe a half with lunch every day and a pint at six o'clock, a dry sherry while cooking dinner and share a bottle of wine with my wife over dinner.

I don't go out that much these days but if I do it's a few pints of good beer. I hate hangovers so it's once in a blue moon I ever have one (usually due to son in law opening too many bottles of wine) I feel that the medical _iew of x number of units is a, very conservative nad b takes no account of the relative strenght of the drink. Which is worse six whiskys or six beers both with the same quantity of alchohol?

Alec

"

Nice one fella !

It's good to see that somebody has the guts to admit that they like a drink. And do you know something ?

There is no fucking shame in that. We go to work, pay our fucking taxes and if we cannot enjoy a drink then what is the point of it all ?

over a year ago

"Nice one fella !

It's good to see that somebody has the guts to admit that they like a drink. And do you know something ?

There is no fucking shame in that. We go to work, pay our fucking taxes and if we cannot enjoy a drink then what is the point of it all ?"

Taxing shagging now? Bastards

Forum Mod

over a year ago

The last bad hangover I had has put me of having too much again

I think I died and am here as a ghost

over a year ago

"Hello Sam,

Alec

Nice one fella !

There is no fucking shame in that. We go to work, pay our fucking taxes and if we cannot enjoy a drink then what is the point of it all ?"

i agree, i just see drinking as a social thing, so sat in the house drinking is just not something i do

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Here's me, sat at home on a Saturday night, litre bottle of Chardonnay open, on 2nd glass, will def have it finished before I stagger up the stairs to bed....yup, do like a drink, but have been cutting back a bit(abstained when I got back from New Years hol to when I went to Partners at end Jan - usually rest me liver in January)....did get a bottle of really good voddy off me brother for Xmas but that's still unopened (back in the day it'd have been dogged off by New Year!).....anyways like a drink, aware that I can easily drink too much, try to be a bit sensible on occasion, sometimes don't manage it

Have been to work with the hangover from hell, and on one or two occasions in the past, have phoned in for a duvet day - it's not big and it's not clever, but hells teeth, it happens.....

Update - 3rd glass now

By *amslam1000Man
over a year ago

willenhall

like one of the previous posters i like a couple of glasses of asda cider but i made a mistake the other week bought some of a different brand and wondered why i was pissed turns out asda cider is 4.5 % and the stuff i had bought was nearly 8%

had a hangover the next day lol

over a year ago

i very rarely drink, dont go out much so it tends to be a bottle of wine at home, probably only twice a month

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

dont want people to get the wrong idea. i am in no way saying people are wrong by having a drink, ateotd i used to drink with the best of them, BUT...i had a friend who was diagnosed alcoholic and his liver was 70% fucked. his next drink could have killed him, so seeing as he WAS my best mate, i told him i would stop drinking to help him through it.

well it did, and he is all better now, living abroad, and drinking like a fucking fish (the tosser) whereas i have got into the habit of not drinking now so dont really miss it.

all power to you guys n gals that do drink, and tbf i would say the same (its my life and my money so fuck off!) its just not something i enjoy anymore. would much rathe be the designated driver and be able to regale friends of what they did when pissed lol

over a year ago

"Seldom drink during weekdays, usually a glass of wine or a beer with meal at weekends.

Or rat arsed then you go to Butlins "

Only on one night out of 3!

It was a very good weekend.

over a year ago

I don't like drinking on my own at home, and due to one thing or another, haven't been out in months, so not bothered.. may have had a rum a couple of weeks ago but that's about it.

If I go out I'll get pissed

over a year ago

"In an average week how much do you consume and do you abstain when its work in the morning"

When im off then 30-50 units a week. When working 0 for 3 weeks.

over a year ago

"In an average week how much do you consume and do you abstain when its work in the morning

When im off then 30-50 units a week. When working 0 for 3 weeks. "

30 to 50 units a week?

Ive just looked on a units caculator online and thats a hell of a lot

over a year ago

"In an average week how much do you consume and do you abstain when its work in the morning

When im off then 30-50 units a week. When working 0 for 3 weeks.

30 to 50 units a week?

Ive just looked on a units caculator online and thats a hell of a lot "

A pint is about 1 1/2 units so its about 35 pints a week or 5 a day so not that bad. When you work 3 weeks and off 3 weeks you make up for it.

over a year ago

remind me not to take you out for a drink, you'll get a bottle of wkd and a straw and make it ast you all night

By *at n michaelCouple
over a year ago

AYRSHIRE

dont drink during week as my job entails drivin....so friday night chill nite(me n mick) sat night well.......lol as we say up here get rat arsed lol have friends or TRY n get a meet lol xxx cat

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple
over a year ago

Lisburn

just joined slimming world this week and the 1st thing to go is the voddy ;( so from next week it will be martini and diet white for me if i drink

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"just joined slimming world this week and the 1st thing to go is the voddy ;( so from next week it will be martini and diet white for me if i drink "

Not a lot of diff, syn wise....voddy 70b syns for 70 cl botttle, wine 25 - 30 syns bottle..........choose wisely xxx

By *hane001Man
over a year ago

southampton

Normally drink about 7 pints over a weekend, don't drink during the week...

By *hane001Man
over a year ago

southampton

"just joined slimming world this week and the 1st thing to go is the voddy ;( so from next week it will be martini and diet white for me if i drink

Not a lot of diff, syn wise....voddy 70b syns for 70 cl botttle, wine 25 - 30 syns bottle..........choose wisely xxx"

I think I would have two bottles of wine then would be more pleasureable than drinking a bottle of vodka!!!

over a year ago

Since last night...a litre of voodoo n bout 15 cans of stella...had some help though lol

over a year ago

"just joined slimming world this week and the 1st thing to go is the voddy ;( so from next week it will be martini and diet white for me if i drink

Not a lot of diff, syn wise....voddy 70b syns for 70 cl botttle, wine 25 - 30 syns bottle..........choose wisely xxx"

dry martini has the lowest sins alcohol wise, was the first thing i checked when i joined lol

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple
over a year ago

Lisburn

Not a lot of diff, syn wise....voddy 70b syns for 70 cl botttle, wine 25 - 30 syns bottle..........choose wisely xxx

dry martini has the lowest sins alcohol wise, was the first thing i checked when i joined lol"

Was one of the 1st things i checked as well. Well voddy all finished now, so going to be good from now on

over a year ago

" dry martini has the lowest sins alcohol wise, was the first thing i checked when i joined lol"

Is that the bottled stuff, or the mixed in your glass?

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"In an average week how much do you consume and do you abstain when its work in the morning"

On an average week....0

Neither of us are big drinkers at all.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

Zero.

Post new Message to Thread