Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

How do fwb’s define respect?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

If you have a fwb how do you define respect between each other?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *utsidenakedMan
over a year ago

Dorchester

I don't define respect I just am respectful all the time

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Don't lie

over a year ago

"Don't lie"

By *stellaWoman
over a year ago

London

"If you have a fwb how do you define respect between each other? "

Being respectful of each other would be rooted in open and clear communication about how you want to interact and how to check in on any changes in want/need over time. Also to be gracious of the fact that wanting to talk something through is healthy and helps reset the ability to have fun and not cause harm, it doesn’t mean wanting more.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Being respectful of them like I would be with a friend - if I'm spending time with them, focus on them. Listen to them - not just hear but properly. Honesty and open communication about things.

over a year ago

It is a funny one because everyone might have a different conception Of what is acceptable or not as I learnt.

However, I think there are some ground that mostly all people should agree on.

No sex after midnight

over a year ago

Put the toilet seat down and flush when leaving the property

By *iss.RedWoman
over a year ago

somewhere

"It is a funny one because everyone might have a different conception Of what is acceptable or not as I learnt.

No sex after midnight "

Is that so they don't turn into Gremlins?

By *adame 2SwordsWoman
over a year ago

Victoria, London

Making your time together a priority

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

I fail to see how respect for a fwb requires any different respect to that of another person I am friends with, just that the respect extends to the bedroom, which in turn is the same respect I'd show somebody I was in a relationship with.

Saying that I rarely have sex with anyone I'd not consider at least a priority acquaintance anyway, but still.

over a year ago

"It is a funny one because everyone might have a different conception Of what is acceptable or not as I learnt.

No sex after midnight

Is that so they don't turn into Gremlins?"

With some of the characters you can come across on fab (talking ABT myself)...it is better to be careful than sorry Red

over a year ago

"I fail to see how respect for a fwb requires any different respect to that of another person I am friends with, just that the respect extends to the bedroom, which in turn is the same respect I'd show somebody I was in a relationship with.

Saying that I rarely have sex with anyone I'd not consider at least a priority acquaintance anyway, but still. "

Interesting point thanks

over a year ago

To me respect of a fwb is in treating them firstly as a friend, checking in with them in between sexy time, having actual conversations that kind of thing. Also in open and honest communication and never taking anything for granted.

By *iss.RedWoman
over a year ago

somewhere

No sex after midnight

Is that so they don't turn into Gremlins?

With some of the characters you can come across on fab (talking ABT myself)...it is better to be careful than sorry Red"

Agreed!

over a year ago

This was the reason why my last fwb is now listed as previous rather than current. Took a while to work it out, he always knew what to say to win me back round

over a year ago

"This was the reason why my last fwb is now listed as previous rather than current. Took a while to work it out, he always knew what to say to win me back round "

Mine is now blocked for that reason

over a year ago

"To me respect of a fwb is in treating them firstly as a friend, checking in with them in between sexy time, having actual conversations that kind of thing. Also in open and honest communication and never taking anything for granted. "

I couldn’t agree more xx

over a year ago

"I fail to see how respect for a fwb requires any different respect to that of another person I am friends with, just that the respect extends to the bedroom, which in turn is the same respect I'd show somebody I was in a relationship with.

Saying that I rarely have sex with anyone I'd not consider at least a priority acquaintance anyway, but still. "

By *orbidden eastMan
over a year ago

london dodging electric scooters

Saying that I rarely have sex with anyone I'd not consider at least a priority acquaintance anyway, but still.

"

Definitely agree

over a year ago

Need to show my fwb this thread..actually I'm realising there is no respect on his behalf..maybe I need to block and move on!

over a year ago

Friend

All friends require respect ...

No need to define it really

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

If they are not a friend where are the benefits....

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"If they are not a friend where are the benefits...."

So. Deep.

over a year ago

"If they are not a friend where are the benefits...."

By *stellaWoman
over a year ago

London

"If they are not a friend where are the benefits....

So. Deep. "

The cock?

over a year ago

I think this is a very tricky question. How do we choose our fuck buddies? When does a fuck buddy become a friend with benefits and when does a friend with benefits become the one?

Isn’t it related to trust and how much you’re willing to give them of yourself? And isn’t this related in part to mutual respect? Like I said, great question OP.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

So. Deep.

The cock? "

Always.

By *stellaWoman
over a year ago

London

So. Deep.

The cock?

Always. "

Benefit

over a year ago

"I think this is a very tricky question. How do we choose our fuck buddies? When does a fuck buddy become a friend with benefits and when does a friend with benefits become the one?

Isn’t it related to trust and how much you’re willing to give them of yourself? And isn’t this related in part to mutual respect? Like I said, great question OP."

I see trust and respect come hand in hand that maybe where i have gone wrong.

He did what no one else was allowed with me because of respect and trust and because of the initial respect I trusted him to do what he did.

I feel disrespected by something he did recently which I guess broke trust and it’s angered me.

By *ineMan
over a year ago

So. Deep. "

so tempting for me to go for the obvious cliched response...

over a year ago

I can only tell what I find disrespectful:

-rubbing other woman into my face, -not keeping promises/word: "let's meet on my day off" and cancelling last minute with excuses then posting: free/horny tonight, how's around etc. Or let's go here, let's do this and dissapear then text weeks later he misses me

- ignoring my texts

- ignoring/not acknowledging my needs and wishes

- trying make me do something I'm not into

- trying to fuck me without condom

- leave me behind on a party

- showing my pictures to his lads

- calling after midnight that his horny and wants to come over

- not being fair: I paid for a taxi to come to you - offer me a cab to go safely home.

over a year ago

I think it depends on the relationship and what you both want and need.

Being honest and sticking to any ground rules is a good basis but also treating them as you would any other friend alongside being honest about any changes you may want that would affect your dynamic.

over a year ago

For me, friendship first..we chill together, eat, watch films, he's ace..I think respect would be not taking him for granted, and communicating with him if I wanted a meet with anyone else..but I dont as he's ace and I would rather spend time with him than anyone else. X

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"To me respect of a fwb is in treating them firstly as a friend, checking in with them in between sexy time, having actual conversations that kind of thing. Also in open and honest communication and never taking anything for granted. "

Also this, it is how I differentiate between Friend with benefits, and fuck buddy.

While respect is there regardless, a friend with benefits will (at least on my part) always be able to push the "benefits" aside and come to me as a friend, a fuck buddy I'd not really consider going to them as a friend or even think I'd be considered for them to come to.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 12/06/19 20:26:10]

over a year ago

I think boundaries are different for every fwb 'relationship' as long as the boundaries are ones that you are both happy to adhere to and therefore keep to them then I believe that's most respectful.

Me and my fwb contact each other every day.

We prioritise meeting each other.

We make each other and aware if we have meets with others. We discuss any boundary changes together.

over a year ago

"I think this is a very tricky question. How do we choose our fuck buddies? When does a fuck buddy become a friend with benefits and when does a friend with benefits become the one?

Isn’t it related to trust and how much you’re willing to give them of yourself? And isn’t this related in part to mutual respect? Like I said, great question OP.

I see trust and respect come hand in hand that maybe where i have gone wrong.

He did what no one else was allowed with me because of respect and trust and because of the initial respect I trusted him to do what he did.

I feel disrespected by something he did recently which I guess broke trust and it’s angered me.

"

I’ve been there and can imagine how you’re hurting and I’m sorry. If you want to talk it through just to get it out of your system, pm me

over a year ago

I don't poke my nose in where it's not wanted.

over a year ago

My fwbs are no different to any friend relationship! Firstly I'd have to be with someone I respected and that would be mutual and trust is built over time!

Not sure I'm capable of being friends with anyone I didn't respect and visa versa

over a year ago

If you're friends then you have respect if not your more likely to be fuck buddy's who just meet for casual sex

over a year ago

my fwb is my friend first and foremost ,the benefit is we have a laugh together always whatever we do. I couldnt have a laugh or spend time around people I dong respect ,why would anyone want to ?

over a year ago

"My fwbs are no different to any friend relationship! Firstly I'd have to be with someone I respected and that would be mutual and trust is built over time!

Not sure I'm capable of being friends with anyone I didn't respect and visa versa "

This

By *pider-WomanWoman
over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

I've never had a fb or fwb but I would imagine it's like any relationship which needs to be based on being open, honest with integrity

over a year ago

If i like someone i respect them by default

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 13/06/19 00:15:44]

over a year ago

"my fwb is my friend first and foremost ,the benefit is we have a laugh together always whatever we do. I couldnt have a laugh or spend time around people I dong respect ,why would anyone want to ?"

Lol

By *ineMan
over a year ago

If I had an fwb then I treat them with the same concern empathy and compassion I would treat any other friend....

But then good friends are hard to find...

over a year ago

Why do peole think that a FRIEND with benefits is any different to a normal friend relationship? Surely you go out for drinks, dinner, cinema etc otherwise it would just be a fuck buddy?

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

We talk, we consider each other's feelings in our interactions with others and generally just look out for each other because neither of us would like to see the other get hurt... Pretty much like any close friendship really.

over a year ago

"Why do peole think that a FRIEND with benefits is any different to a normal friend relationship? Surely you go out for drinks, dinner, cinema etc otherwise it would just be a fuck buddy? "

I think they want 'dial a fuck' but just pretend to be FWB. Once they've got the fuck they're not bothered about the friends bit.

By *ficouldMan
over a year ago

a quandary, could you change my mind?

"We talk, we consider each other's feelings in our interactions with others and generally just look out for each other because neither of us would like to see the other get hurt... Pretty much like any close friendship really. "

over a year ago

In which way have fwbs disrespected each other?

over a year ago

"In which way have fwbs disrespected each other? "

See my post, 2 above yours.

over a year ago

"In which way have fwbs disrespected each other?

See my post, 2 above yours."

That’s exactly why I don’t want a fuck buddy but a proper friend (with benefits). To have all the nice parts of a good friendship.

over a year ago

That’s exactly why I don’t want a fuck buddy but a proper friend (with benefits). To have all the nice parts of a good friendship."

Hope you find someone nice. x

over a year ago

That’s exactly why I don’t want a fuck buddy but a proper friend (with benefits). To have all the nice parts of a good friendship.

Hope you find someone nice. x"

Aww thank you! Who knows who will stumble across my path but fingers crossed

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"If I had an fwb then I treat them with the same concern empathy and compassion I would treat any other friend....

But then good friends are hard to find...

"

Post new Message to Thread