Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Village for 275.000 france?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Dreaming of buying your own idyllic holiday home in France? How about an entire village - at a knock down price?

The French village of Courbefy, nestled in the Haute-Vienne in the Limousin countryside has gone on sale for just £275,000 (330,000 Euros).

For this price, you get 19 buildings, a swimming pool, a village hall, tennis courts and a swimming pool - all of which have been abandoned.

Once a thriving rural community, Courbefy has been a 'ghost town' in the 1970s because its residents were forced to move away in order to find work.

I was thinking maybe this would make a good swingers village ... I know in the country but i think alot would love that ? Or do you think you would have to be ner the beach and the sea to work. ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Give it six months and you will be able to buy Greece for that (and possibly come out with change too)

over a year ago

"Give it six months and you will be able to buy Greece for that (and possibly come out with change too)

"

just thinking easy to get too , I would need plane for greece ... lol

over a year ago

whys it so cheap????

over a year ago

"whys it so cheap????"
just is ... need doing up ... and making it live again .. its a lovely part of france with loads of rivers and castles lovely country side and Nature parks with wild life .

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Might ask jay to buy me it for my birthday

over a year ago

"Might ask jay to buy me it for my birthday "
yes we can all come over to stay , lol

over a year ago

Lovely location but it needs a fortune spent on it!!

over a year ago

"Lovely location but it needs a fortune spent on it!!"
yes but could make swingers village if out on its own . Loads go to cape D theres a calling for places like this .

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

I should imagine anyone with a spare couple of Million would find the idea feasible.....

By *lubPartyPeepsCouple
over a year ago

London

Absolutely,

If you had the money to buy and at least another 500,000 Euros to work up parts of it to a decent standard to begin operating, and then renovate the rest as you go.

France does already have over 200 clubs, including about 20 resort style clubs, so you would have to make it to a very high standard in order to be competitive and you would need to plough a good 50,000 at least into marketing it.

over a year ago

That's a great idea, the Eldorado of the swinging world

How about each memeber on Fab donating a pound, dollar, euro etc and all being share owners?!!? if they have as many members on this site as they say, we should be quids in, with plenty left over to renovate to a high standard! you could get that lauren Llewele... Laurence LLeweyn... that designer bloke in to help? lol

over a year ago

"Absolutely,

If you had the money to buy and at least another 500,000 Euros to work up parts of it to a decent standard to begin operating, and then renovate the rest as you go.

France does already have over 200 clubs, including about 20 resort style clubs, so you would have to make it to a very high standard in order to be competitive and you would need to plough a good 50,000 at least into marketing it."

yes i was thinking about that cost ... i have done houses and things for years so .. this did make me think .. could this be made into swingers holiday site , lol

over a year ago

"That's a great idea, the Eldorado of the swinging world

How about each memeber on Fab donating a pound, dollar, euro etc and all being share owners?!!? if they have as many members on this site as they say, we should be quids in, with plenty left over to renovate to a high standard! you could get that lauren Llewele... Laurence LLeweyn... that designer bloke in to help? lol "

i am good at the designer thing so we dont need him , lol xx thats the part i love .

By *adgeeMan
over a year ago

Sw Scotland

"That's a great idea, the Eldorado of the swinging world

How about each memeber on Fab donating a pound, dollar, euro etc and all being share owners?!!? if they have as many members on this site as they say, we should be quids in, with plenty left over to renovate to a high standard! you could get that lauren Llewele... Laurence LLeweyn... that designer bloke in to help? lol "

Who needs LLB? View's right on the ball with soft furnishings and colour charts

over a year ago

I'll buy it out my loose change when I win the euro lottery millions.

over a year ago

"Absolutely,

France does already have over 200 clubs, including about 20 resort style clubs, so you would have to make it to a very high standard in order to be competitive and you would need to plough a good 50,000 at least into marketing it. yes i was thinking about that cost ... i have done houses and things for years so .. this did make me think .. could this be made into swingers holiday site , lol "

mmm sounds ideal doesn't it and even if there are other swingers centres in France it doesn't have to be swinging all year round. Sounds like it would make an excellent investment and project for someone with the finance plus the extra involved in recuperating the buildings.

It is lovely around there.

By *ornyTaraCouple
over a year ago

Dorset

"whys it so cheap????"

Because its in the Limo(u-sin(sounds a good place to swing lol)), thats a bit like buying in Merthyr Tydfil and the cost of renovating here in France is double that in the UK

That said with time,money and permission could make a great Campsie, maybe a swinging campsite, now that might be a first

over a year ago

"whys it so cheap????

Because its in the Limo(u-sin(sounds a good place to swing lol)), thats a bit like buying in Merthyr Tydfil and the cost of renovating here in France is double that in the UK

That said with time,money and permission could make a great Campsie, maybe a swinging campsite, now that might be a first"

if your job is doing up houses and you have done it years and have a good team to go over it would work .. its lovely that part of france .

By *ce-2uMan
over a year ago

winsford,Chester & wirral

Just checked it out and put a bid in,

£2-75 think i will get it lol!!!!!!!!

It does sound good, i am a Soil and Sports Turf Scientist, with my own landscape company so happy to landscape it if you buy it hun lol!!!!!!!!

x x x

over a year ago

"Just checked it out and put a bid in,

£2-75 think i will get it lol!!!!!!!!

It does sound good, i am a Soil and Sports Turf Scientist, with my own landscape company so happy to landscape it if you buy it hun lol!!!!!!!!

x x x "

ok love xxx free holidays for you xx lol

By *averiMan
over a year ago

Swindon to bristol

"whys it so cheap????"

there is no water in the village..it all has to be bought up by truck.

I looked at it 3 weeks ago. Its a lovely spot and great area. You could buy it and depending on the local Marie do the whole thing up for about E2.5m. The cost to pipe water up including the pumping station would be E 200K and costs of about E 25k a year to run. My guess is that if all the work was done and it was set up like a holiday village you would have an asset of approx.E4m-E5m

over a year ago

"whys it so cheap????

there is no water in the village..it all has to be bought up by truck.

I looked at it 3 weeks ago. Its a lovely spot and great area. You could buy it and depending on the local Marie do the whole thing up for about E2.5m. The cost to pipe water up including the pumping station would be E 200K and costs of about E 25k a year to run. My guess is that if all the work was done and it was set up like a holiday village you would have an asset of approx.E4m-E5m"

well if a person was putting money up thay would go into the in s and outs .. water would have to be sorted and there maybe water wells .. thats how alot of the villages are and bottled water and stuff .

Post new Message to Thread