Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Stupid Questions

Jump to newest

By *ucspark OP   Man
over a year ago

dudley

We all have them and probably asked most days.

The best one this week for me is "how do you think your blindness affects your everyday life" this was asked by a person from a government department.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Did you say you could not see ?? or thay still wishing you to point that out . kisses you xxxxxxxx

over a year ago

Whenever I do any training for staff and colleagues, the first thing I say is that if you are confused by anything stop me and ask a question. There is no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid answers.

By *ucspark OP   Man
over a year ago

dudley

"Did you say you could not see ?? or thay still wishing you to point that out . kisses you xxxxxxxx"

I did say not seeing things was a major disadvantage of being blind. My other favorite is "oh you got a blind dog" no it is a guide dog if she was blind we be well up shit creek.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

"Did you say you could not see ?? or thay still wishing you to point that out . kisses you xxxxxxxx

I did say not seeing things was a major disadvantage of being blind. My other favorite is "oh you got a blind dog" no it is a guide dog if she was blind we be well up shit creek. "

Should of told him to stick a blindfold on and walk round for a day

By *ucspark OP   Man
over a year ago

dudley

"Whenever I do any training for staff and colleagues, the first thing I say is that if you are confused by anything stop me and ask a question. There is no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid answers.

"

I used to say that but had staff that proved me wrong. I started say if you need to ask a question wait one minute think and if still needed then ask, it halved the questions asked

By *ucspark OP   Man
over a year ago

dudley

"Did you say you could not see ?? or thay still wishing you to point that out . kisses you xxxxxxxx

I did say not seeing things was a major disadvantage of being blind. My other favorite is "oh you got a blind dog" no it is a guide dog if she was blind we be well up shit creek.

Should of told him to stick a blindfold on and walk round for a day"

I said that to chief constable so he knew what problems we have and to be fair he did try it

over a year ago

Should of told him to stick a blindfold on and walk round for a day"

yes Good one xx thats what he should do next time ... I would even go back take a blindfold ask them to pop it of find out , yes would soon see what it like .. even go down the road where theres cars and shops and people around ...

By *ucspark OP   Man
over a year ago

dudley

Should of told him to stick a blindfold on and walk round for a day yes Good one xx thats what he should do next time ... I would even go back take a blindfold ask them to pop it of find out , yes would soon see what it like .. even go down the road where theres cars and shops and people around ..."

We do talk at schools and get them to wear blackout glasses and try and find their way around for a few minutes great exercise for them

over a year ago

x1

over a year ago

Nowt as queer as folk.When i was young and just starting out in life had to ring for a loan for a new bed.I got asked why do i need a bed. Sarcasm then stepped in so i said it was to put in the back garden,then i could bounce on it and clean the upstairs windows at the same time.The guy i was speaking too laughed and i did get my loan. lol

over a year ago

I got asked if I minded wiating an extra moonth to be paid by a new customer, this week.....

I said it depends if they are expecting me to do any work in the intervening period.

They changed their mind and are paying me at the end of the month

By *ucspark OP   Man
over a year ago

dudley

"I got asked if I minded wiating an extra moonth to be paid by a new customer, this week.....

I said it depends if they are expecting me to do any work in the intervening period.

They changed their mind and are paying me at the end of the month "

I always used to ask if they wanted to share their profits if they say they for more time to pay. I have an excuse book that I have always used. When I chasing payments I let them give me the excuse, next time when I am chasing if they give me a excuse they have already used I pull them up and say you cannot use that one try again.

Post new Message to Thread