FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Are middle-women too bothered how they dress?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Following on from the recent threads about how us guys dress, I was just wondering if the middle-aged women on the site share the same interests or do they just pick stuff up from Asda or Sainsburys while they're getting the shopping?

The guy's threads were quite lively but I can't help but notice that Fab ladies have been earily quiet on the subject. It could be partly down to shows like Peaky Blinders bringing a certain sartorial elegance to a gentleman's wardrobe but is it suit by Fannels, partner by George?

Are men the middle-aged fashionistas of Fab?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

**Flannels

over a year ago

**and middle-aged women.

Having a bad day.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Whilst there is nothing wrong with clothing from Sainsbury's or asda..

I prefer to shop at TK MAXX and small independent shops near me..

I also use an app that sells generously discounted designer wear

By *llaboutthewifeCouple
over a year ago

Cardiff

I shop all over but so hate the term 'middle aged woman' sounds so dried up, wrinkly and not sexy....but yes I am middle aged...but don't feel it. J

over a year ago

"Following on from the recent threads about how us guys dress, I was just wondering if the middle-aged women on the site share the same interests or do they just pick stuff up from Asda or Sainsburys while they're getting the shopping?

The guy's threads were quite lively but I can't help but notice that Fab ladies have been earily quiet on the subject. It could be partly down to shows like Peaky Blinders bringing a certain sartorial elegance to a gentleman's wardrobe but is it suit by Fannels, partner by George?

"

Im

45 and dress how i wish too

over a year ago

"I shop all over but so hate the term 'middle aged woman' sounds so dried up, wrinkly and not sexy....but yes I am middle aged...but don't feel it. J"

I don't think there's a defining age we become middle-aged but I believe it's assumed to be around 45.

It wasn't a derogatory term

By *llaboutthewifeCouple
over a year ago

Cardiff

"I shop all over but so hate the term 'middle aged woman' sounds so dried up, wrinkly and not sexy....but yes I am middle aged...but don't feel it. J

I don't think there's a defining age we become middle-aged but I believe it's assumed to be around 45.

It wasn't a derogatory term "

No, didn't take it as such either. Wasn't a rant. Just an observation.

J

over a year ago

I'm 50, so yeah middle aged but shop all over..love Sainsburys clothes though..not that I can't be bothered just they have pretty things. Doesn't mean I can't still look bloody ace in a tight leather PVC catsuit though.

Age doesn't mean dressing like a granny even though I am one

over a year ago

"Following on from the recent threads about how us guys dress, I was just wondering if the middle-aged women on the site share the same interests or do they just pick stuff up from Asda or Sainsburys while they're getting the shopping?

Im

45 and dress how i wish too"

That's what a lot of people said on the men's threads...only more aggressively.

It was a bit more like "I'll do what I fckin want, got a problem, bruv?"

I like how calmly the ladies can discuss such matters.

https://youtu.be/q-8kKH4COvg

over a year ago

"I shop all over but so hate the term 'middle aged woman' sounds so dried up, wrinkly and not sexy....but yes I am middle aged...but don't feel it. J

It wasn't a derogatory term

No, didn't take it as such either. Wasn't a rant. Just an observation.

J"

over a year ago

I'm just pulling on my trousers with the elasticated waist... I'll let you know when I'm middle aged

over a year ago

"I'm just pulling on my trousers with the elasticated waist... I'll let you know when I'm middle aged "

There's a convivial trend forming here. For the first time in my life I'm beginning to understand xdresserrs.

over a year ago

I have no interest in labels or fashion.. I'm more likely to brag about a bargain £4 tshirt than anything designer.

Saff

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

In answer to the two original questions.

Some middle aged women are very stylish but not many.

Some middle aged men are fashionistas but not many.

I am past middle age and my style has been described as brave and glamorous by other people not always in a complimentary way, I wear the things I like basically. .

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Oh three questions. I buy stuff from Asda but not Sainsburys. Asda do some great stuff on line.

over a year ago

I’m 54 so yes middle aged, I do buy from Asda but also from many other shops. I buy what I like and will fit good and look smart. So I don’t always think I dress for my age, it’s more a personal style x

over a year ago

Admittedly I spend more money buying lingerie than I do on clothes.

I work 50 hours a week and have 4 little ones. I have work clothes, everyday mum clothes, pyjamas

... and a hell of a lot of lingerie lol.

My kids get the best clothes at this point in my life and I am happy that's the way it should be

Post new Message to Thread