Advice please ladies....mooncups

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 30/05/19 09:51:27]

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

"Sorry gents you might not want to read this.

I decided to buy a cheap mooncup, I only wanted a cheap one at first to try it as not sure it will cope with my loss. Anyway ive tried putting it in and taking it out which hasn't been a problem the only thing is I cant seem to get it to fully open when in...which will end up being a problem. I,ve tried twisting and turning it etc....any ideas or should i maybe try a smaller one?.

Thanks in advance.

Kelly xx"

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Ive no personal experience but im all for getting rid of disposable products as they arent necessary and just cause serious damage to the environment.

I have seen advertised these knickers that are very absorbent and then just go in the washing machine. Sounds brilliant

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

I decided to buy a cheap mooncup, I only wanted a cheap one at first to try it as not sure it will cope with my loss. Anyway ive tried putting it in and taking it out which hasn't been a problem the only thing is I cant seem to get it to fully open when in...which will end up being a problem. I,ve tried twisting and turning it etc....any ideas or should i maybe try a smaller one?.

Thanks in advance.

Kelly xx"

I dont mind reading this , but then I dont know what a Mooncup even is , sorry

over a year ago

"Ive no personal experience but im all for getting rid of disposable products as they arent necessary and just cause serious damage to the environment.

I have seen advertised these knickers that are very absorbent and then just go in the washing machine. Sounds brilliant"

ive read about those too...but dont feel i could trust them x

over a year ago

Thanks in advance.

Kelly xx I dont mind reading this , but then I dont know what a Mooncup even is , sorry "

haha well thank you for reading anyway x

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

No experience but maybe try a smaller one. Couldn’t hurt to try.

over a year ago

I’ve got one, I know that there are different sizes and I got the size advised by the product. I’ve never had a problem with it opening so might be that you got the wrong size. I bought mine from boots x

over a year ago

"No experience but maybe try a smaller one. Couldn’t hurt to try."
thats what i thought if not will just keep trying Hopefully I'll get there. X

over a year ago

"Ive no personal experience but im all for getting rid of disposable products as they arent necessary and just cause serious damage to the environment.

I have seen advertised these knickers that are very absorbent and then just go in the washing machine. Sounds brilliantive read about those too...but dont feel i could trust them x"

Im considering buying a pair and if i dont like them or i find them not absorbent enough, at least they would be a safety net if used with other products such as a moon cup. Even when i use a tampon on my heavy flow i can still get leakage, especially if i struggle to change frequently enough. This way i wouldnt need a pad for those just incase moments and i dont have to panic to find a loo

over a year ago

"I’ve got one, I know that there are different sizes and I got the size advised by the product. I’ve never had a problem with it opening so might be that you got the wrong size. I bought mine from boots x "
i got one from ebay but yes will try smaller. Thank you x

over a year ago

I have seen advertised these knickers that are very absorbent and then just go in the washing machine. Sounds brilliantive read about those too...but dont feel i could trust them x

Im considering buying a pair and if i dont like them or i find them not absorbent enough, at least they would be a safety net if used with other products such as a moon cup. Even when i use a tampon on my heavy flow i can still get leakage, especially if i struggle to change frequently enough. This way i wouldnt need a pad for those just incase moments and i dont have to panic to find a loo"

I will keep my fingers crossed for you ,can't hurt to try can it . Good luck x

By *iss.ddWoman
over a year ago

Leeds + Newcastle

Have you tried a different angle of entry.

Try sitting or with 1 leg up to get it in and situated.

You can definitely feel it "pop" when it's settled.

Just like the feeling if you don't get a tampon in right the first time iykwim

over a year ago

I’ve been using one for years and design really makes a difference, as does the thickness of the silicon. The whole point is that it automatically opens to fit you perfectly so I don’t think going smaller is the answer here. Try a Luna or Diva cup as it sounds as you need a thicker one

over a year ago

"Have you tried a different angle of entry.

Try sitting or with 1 leg up to get it in and situated.

You can definitely feel it "pop" when it's settled.

Just like the feeling if you don't get a tampon in right the first time iykwim"

will keep trying thank you x

over a year ago

"I’ve been using one for years and design really makes a difference, as does the thickness of the silicon. The whole point is that it automatically opens to fit you perfectly so I don’t think going smaller is the answer here. Try a Luna or Diva cup as it sounds as you need a thicker one "
aww ok will look into different ones then. Thank you x

By *elma and ShaggyCouple
over a year ago

Bedworth

Have you tried pinching to break the seal and then twisting it a little? If mine doesn’t feel right that’s what I do

over a year ago

Thanks in advance.

Kelly xx"

I had the same thing many moons ago ha...it kinda squeezed I side me like a Z shape so the blood would just leak around it...I tried cutting off the little antenna thing as that also felt uncomfortable, no matter what I did, we didn't see eye to eye great product if your body is the right shape, they do different ones for with or without childbith, etc. I cleaned it in milton and it lay in a drawer occasionally used as a drinks measurer .

I did have HUGE (not know then) fibroids so they may of not helped with curvature. Thankfully they're gone and so are my periods. I certainly don't miss all that mess

over a year ago

I had the same issue but I tried a more expensive one and it's not a problem. I think maybe the quality of the silicon was a factor, the newer one feels more like it pops into shape rather than creases.

over a year ago

"Have you tried pinching to break the seal and then twisting it a little? If mine doesn’t feel right that’s what I do"
yes tried that x

over a year ago

Thanks in advance.

Kelly xx

I had the same thing many moons ago ha...it kinda squeezed I side me like a Z shape so the blood would just leak around it...I tried cutting off the little antenna thing as that also felt uncomfortable, no matter what I did, we didn't see eye to eye great product if your body is the right shape, they do different ones for with or without childbith, etc. I cleaned it in milton and it lay in a drawer occasionally used as a drinks measurer .

I did have HUGE (not know then) fibroids so they may of not helped with curvature. Thankfully they're gone and so are my periods. I certainly don't miss all that mess "

aww glad all ok now x

over a year ago

"I had the same issue but I tried a more expensive one and it's not a problem. I think maybe the quality of the silicon was a factor, the newer one feels more like it pops into shape rather than creases.

"

i didnt really want to spend too much till i know if i can get on with them or not but thank you x

over a year ago

Never used one but really am considering it

over a year ago

"Never used one but really am considering it "
I was worried about trying it because of how heavy mine are but someone has said (quite a few times) i should give it ago so thought i would at least try x

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

Lots of my friends use them & I think they fold them before inserting?

J x

over a year ago

"Lots of my friends use them & I think they fold them before inserting?

J x"

yes i do that x

over a year ago

Thanks in advance.

Kelly xx I dont mind reading this , but then I dont know what a Mooncup even is , sorry "

Me neither!

By *riendly older leggy wifeCouple
over a year ago

london

I thought it was about greeting cards,moonpig

By *heekyFlirtyCoupleCouple
over a year ago

Stockport

Thanks in advance.

Kelly xx I dont mind reading this , but then I dont know what a Mooncup even is , sorry

Me neither! "

Omg I didn’t even know about this! Don’t you just love the forums. I think I might look into them a bit more. Thanks for the post OP x

By *asterslittlewhoreCouple
over a year ago

Edinburgh

What i do is i run my finger round the cup, which stretches you sp the cup can open the i turn it so it seals x

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I was looking at them in Sainsbury's the other day. Two sizes one for women who had given birth and one for those that hadn't. Can't remember what the brand was though.

By *rimson_RoseWoman
over a year ago

Tamworth

As others have said, it may be that it's too soft. The firmer ones are easier to unfold. Might also be worth looking at how you fold insert?

over a year ago

Thanks in advance.

Kelly xx I dont mind reading this , but then I dont know what a Mooncup even is , sorry

Me neither!

Omg I didn’t even know about this! Don’t you just love the forums. I think I might look into them a bit more. Thanks for the post OP x"

thats ok. Good luck x

over a year ago

"What i do is i run my finger round the cup, which stretches you sp the cup can open the i turn it so it seals x"
think it might just take some practice . Thank you x

over a year ago

"I was looking at them in Sainsbury's the other day. Two sizes one for women who had given birth and one for those that hadn't. Can't remember what the brand was though. "
thank you x

over a year ago

"As others have said, it may be that it's too soft. The firmer ones are easier to unfold. Might also be worth looking at how you fold insert? "
yes looking on YouTube to see different folds x

over a year ago

"I thought it was about greeting cards,moonpig"
haha um nope sorry x

over a year ago

Thanks in advance.

Kelly xx

I did have HUGE (not know then) fibroids so they may of not helped with curvature. Thankfully they're gone and so are my periods. I certainly don't miss all that mess aww glad all ok now x"

Thanks It had to be a man that said, women loose a teaspoon of blood I would pop an orange tampax in, stand up and the blood would make it fall back out, so this was my reason for trying the mooncup, always ended up in a blood bath though I hope you find one that works for you.

over a year ago

Thanks in advance.

Me neither! "

reusable menstrual/period cup to use instead to towels/tampons x

over a year ago

"As others have said, it may be that it's too soft. The firmer ones are easier to unfold. Might also be worth looking at how you fold insert? yes looking on YouTube to see different folds x"

Is it under 'fanny origami'?

over a year ago

"As others have said, it may be that it's too soft. The firmer ones are easier to unfold. Might also be worth looking at how you fold insert? yes looking on YouTube to see different folds x

Is it under 'fanny origami'? "

haha not quite x

over a year ago

Thanks in advance.

Kelly xx

I did have HUGE (not know then) fibroids so they may of not helped with curvature. Thankfully they're gone and so are my periods. I certainly don't miss all that mess aww glad all ok now x

Thanks It had to be a man that said, women loose a teaspoon of blood I would pop an orange tampax in, stand up and the blood would make it fall back out, so this was my reason for trying the mooncup, always ended up in a blood bath though I hope you find one that works for you."

i know that feeling. Thank you x

over a year ago

Thanks in advance.

Me neither! reusable menstrual/period cup to use instead to towels/tampons x"

Yeah I just read through. Never heard of them x

I’m on a pill where you don’t get them now. It’s heaven! x

over a year ago

Thanks in advance.

Me neither! reusable menstrual/period cup to use instead to towels/tampons x

I’m on a pill where you don’t get them now. It’s heaven! x "

tried different pills had an op still bad so thought wortg a try x

over a year ago

Thanks in advance.

I’m on a pill where you don’t get them now. It’s heaven! x tried different pills had an op still bad so thought wortg a try x"

Definitely. May mention it to my daughter x

over a year ago

Thanks in advance.

I’m on a pill where you don’t get them now. It’s heaven! x tried different pills had an op still bad so thought wortg a try x

Definitely. May mention it to my daughter x"

good idea x

over a year ago

Bumping..as ive had a couple of ladies say they Ha vent heard of these.

Also any ladies that use them with a very heavy flow? Are they good for that? Xx

over a year ago

"Bumping..as ive had a couple of ladies say they Ha vent heard of these.

Also any ladies that use them with a very heavy flow? Are they good for that? Xx"

I’m very light as I’m menopausal. Not sure they’d be good if you was very heavy as you’d need to empty it regularly x

over a year ago

Also any ladies that use them with a very heavy flow? Are they good for that? Xx"

I use one and have a heavy flow. I use washable pads as back up. The cup is fine if you can empty and rinse it every 2-3 hours, after that I do leak a bit. Still better than all the waste from disposable sanitary products though.

over a year ago

Also any ladies that use them with a very heavy flow? Are they good for that? Xx

I’m very light as I’m menopausal. Not sure they’d be good if you was very heavy as you’d need to empty it regularly x "

well im always back and forth changing now anyway but read meant to hold a lot more than towel/ tampon ....im hoping x

over a year ago

I use one and have a heavy flow. I use washable pads as back up. The cup is fine if you can empty and rinse it every 2-3 hours, after that I do leak a bit. Still better than all the waste from disposable sanitary products though. "

aww great thank you x

over a year ago

I have heard they are good but i won't use them i can't insert anything into me. Yes i am weird lol i can only use sanitary towels.

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I love mine and am on the second one which I think is better. Do some research as some have a larger capacity than others and will cope with a heavy flow.

I also agree that the thicker ones are better. My current one came from Boots and is great.

They should be used more as are much kinder to your body than tampons and less messy and smelly than pads.

over a year ago

"I have heard they are good but i won't use them i can't insert anything into me. Yes i am weird lol i can only use sanitary towels."
not weird at all i used to have a lot of trouble with tampons so stuck with towels x

over a year ago

"I love mine and am on the second one which I think is better. Do some research as some have a larger capacity than others and will cope with a heavy flow.

I also agree that the thicker ones are better. My current one came from Boots and is great.

They should be used more as are much kinder to your body than tampons and less messy and smelly than pads."

aww thank you x

Post new Message to Thread