Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Can you determine a dog by appearance?

Jump to newest

By *empsey and hotpiece OP   Man
over a year ago

North west

We’ve just adopted the most adorable rescue dog, who was found as an 8 week old pup,living at the side of a road in Greece .

He’s around 6 months old so still has some growing to do, but I’d say he will be a medium size.

His head is definitely collie shaped but can’t work out the rest of the mix. He’s quite sturdy, has a thick silky coat that is tan mainly, a white muzzle and a hint of black down his back.

His tail is long and thin and curls under his body rather like a whippet , but there’s no other whippet like features.

Temperament is extremely loving and inquisitive

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Send us a piccie, I'll see if I can have an educated guess.

P

By *orthyorkypairCouple
over a year ago

North Yorkshire

can get a DNA test done but tbh just enjoy him we have 2 mix dogs the best in the world one is 48kg and like a bear the other is probably half boxer half staffie

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"We’ve just adopted the most adorable rescue dog, who was found as an 8 week old pup,living at the side of a road in Greece .

He’s around 6 months old so still has some growing to do, but I’d say he will be a medium size.

His head is definitely collie shaped but can’t work out the rest of the mix. He’s quite sturdy, has a thick silky coat that is tan mainly, a white muzzle and a hint of black down his back.

His tail is long and thin and curls under his body rather like a whippet , but there’s no other whippet like features.

Temperament is extremely loving and inquisitive"

Sounds like you need a few Pointers.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Sounds like you need a few Pointers."

By *adeiteWoman
over a year ago

Poole, but up in lincs for a bit

I'm trying to decipher this too, just got a Hungarian rescue who was found abandonded on the streets.

I'd like to say I'm good with my dog breeds and mixes then little furry friends come along and I've no clue hahah. I wish you luck though. And well done for rescuing

By *ired_upMan
over a year ago

ashton

"We’ve just adopted the most adorable rescue dog, who was found as an 8 week old pup,living at the side of a road in Greece .

Temperament is extremely loving and inquisitive

Sounds like you need a few Pointers."

That is textbook.

Post new Message to Thread