Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Kate Tempest

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

6Music just played a song of hers called Firesmoke.

So Kate, 21st century genius musical poet or just some bint who talks over elevator music?

https://youtu.be/pwMtfS0Tqr8

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *cgkcCouple
over a year ago

Hitchin

I love this young woman - a beautiful modern lyricism to her prose, at once fiercely modern and evocative.

Let Them Eat Chaos is a wonderful piece of work.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Sounds like the sort of thing that will win the Mercury prize, coffee table music for dinner parties. Yawn. Give me music you can play outside at BBQs, that makes people ask what the fuck is that as they tuck into a big sausage bap.

By *cgkcCouple
over a year ago

Hitchin

She already had won it.

over a year ago

"She already had won it. "

Joking, I did not know that.

By *cgkcCouple
over a year ago

Hitchin

Listen to the album I referenced.

It's about 7 people awake in a tower block in the wee small hours.

over a year ago

"Listen to the album I referenced.

It's about 7 people awake in a tower block in the wee small hours.

"

I’ll give it a listen.

By *ambsLad2Man
over a year ago

Peterborough

It reminds me of that album of Jim Morrison poetry which the surviving members of the band put to music.

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

I saw her when she was just starting out. She was brilliant back then - genuinely moving and got a rapturous reception.

Personally, I prefer her when there’s no music.

over a year ago

Very talented lady and ever so modest. Saw her last Friday at a festival.

over a year ago

"I saw her when she was just starting out. She was brilliant back then - genuinely moving and got a rapturous reception.

Personally, I prefer her when there’s no music."

I agree.

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"Very talented lady and ever so modest. Saw her last Friday at a festival. "

She was very gruff when I saw her in an arts centre once and said how wonderful that gig was mind!

I don’t hold it against her - probably gets a bit annoying having folks like me waffling at you

By *JohnMan
over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

"It's about 7 people awake in a tower block in the wee small hours.

"

I think that was the one I saw her perform on some (probably BBC4) TV programme. It was brilliant

By *hursday84Man
over a year ago

everywhere

I'm a fan of her work

Looking forward to her new album and to seeing her at Glastonbury

over a year ago

Wow that was dismal

over a year ago

"Wow that was dismal"

You either get it or you don’t.

By *onygirlieWoman
over a year ago

Leicestershire

"Wow that was dismal

You either get it or you don’t. "

I don’t sorry

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 29/05/19 18:46:52]

over a year ago

"Wow that was dismal

You either get it or you don’t. "

I've only had one listen of the new track but found it dull and lacking the cutting edge of her earlier stuff.

Mike Skinner got it about right. Get in, make some noise and then get out and do something different.

over a year ago

"Wow that was dismal

I've only had one listen of the new track but found it dull and lacking the cutting edge of her earlier stuff.

Mike Skinner got it about right. Get in, make some noise and then get out and do something different."

I meant Kate Tempest in general.

over a year ago

"Wow that was dismal

Mike Skinner got it about right. Get in, make some noise and then get out and do something different."

I thought he was just reading stuff of the back of a CornFlake’s packet or something, then gets hailed a genius.

over a year ago

"Wow that was dismal

Mike Skinner got it about right. Get in, make some noise and then get out and do something different.

I thought he was just reading stuff of the back of a CornFlake’s packet or something, then gets hailed a genius."

Haha. Tame, get back to 10 years behind music in Devon. I will message you what to listen to in a few years just to keep you current (years behind)

over a year ago

"Wow that was dismal

I thought he was just reading stuff of the back of a CornFlake’s packet or something, then gets hailed a genius."

OPM is one of the great debut albums.

Besides, Brum is short of musical heroes so we have to claim our geniuses where we can.

over a year ago

"Wow that was dismal

I meant Kate Tempest in general. "

over a year ago

She’s incredible. I saw her about 5 years ago at Festival Number 6 in Wales and she blew my mind! I was on the brink of tears at how powerful her performance was!

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"She’s incredible. I saw her about 5 years ago at Festival Number 6 in Wales and she blew my mind! I was on the brink of tears at how powerful her performance was!"

There were people in tears when I saw her too. John Cooper Clarke was in the audience and whooping loudly at various points in most poems.

over a year ago

"Wow that was dismal

I thought he was just reading stuff of the back of a CornFlake’s packet or something, then gets hailed a genius.

Haha. Tame, get back to 10 years behind music in Devon. I will message you what to listen to in a few years just to keep you current (years behind) "

I was talking about The Streets, I’ve still got my finger on the pulse, I’m currently listening to this new band called *checks notes* The Oasis.

By *he Mac LassWoman
over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

Ah I’m a huge fan of Kate. I was lucky to see her perform a few years ago and would love to see her perform her new work. She’s fantastic.

over a year ago

"Wow that was dismal

Haha. Tame, get back to 10 years behind music in Devon. I will message you what to listen to in a few years just to keep you current (years behind)

I was talking about The Streets, I’ve still got my finger on the pulse, I’m currently listening to this new band called *checks notes* The Oasis. "

They are shit, don’t bother. (I was never a fan)

By *cgkcCouple
over a year ago

Hitchin

"Ah I’m a huge fan of Kate. I was lucky to see her perform a few years ago and would love to see her perform her new work. She’s fantastic. "

She's playing the Blue Dot Festival in July at the Jodrell Bank Discovery Centre.

Post new Message to Thread