Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

payment protection

Jump to newest

By *ortheastcoupleuk OP   Couple
over a year ago

easington were the sun dont shine

any one claimed on this from the banks had a few storys ie my bank tsb intergate you when ya ring up to claim, just like to hear ppls exp when they have claimed.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

no we have not claimed, but look forward to the answers you get as we want to do it but not through one of these places that advertise on tv

over a year ago

A colleague has claimed against her bank.....just had more than 3k put back into her account

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I know a few, they claimed as they were self employed and won. They did it alone and not thro a company as they take a 30% - 40% fee.

Lloyds: I think they have a dedicated team who help and support the claim. Ring their customer service number and there is an option on their IVR for PPI.

good luck.

By *xccvvMan
over a year ago

Yorkshire North East

Write direct to Chief Executive of TSB, which is now Lloyds, in London.

In your opening line put "I am writing to complain" so there is no doubt what you are writing about, they then have eight weeks to resovle the matter

By *lirty and dirtyCouple
over a year ago

ashford

if you look online there is a template you can use for claiming PPI back .

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Well some company phoned me up and sent out the forums, they are still sat here waiting to be filled in. Ive never had a bank loan or overdraft in my life so havent a clue why they sent me them

By *edriderCouple
over a year ago

glasgow

if you look on martin money expert there is lots of advice and templates to use, my sister recentlu got 6k back, not bad for a few minutes on the phone and a few letters

over a year ago

Ive claimed it back i got 2500 back of them did just by using the tenplates online have a go can only try

over a year ago

"any one claimed on this from the banks had a few storys ie my bank tsb intergate you when ya ring up to claim, just like to hear ppls exp when they have claimed."

I have a collegue who has and its a matter of providing you were miss-sold the plan. They will try to get you to admit you asked for it so be wary of questions. I would also avoid the companies who do it for you as that can take up to half of the money and there a few who ask for a fee then do nothing. The key to it all is maintaining it wasn't something you asked for and was pressurised or better didn't know it was included.

Google and you will get some clear pointers and advice.

over a year ago

I've been trying to claim mine back from HSBC for 12 months. They are a fucking nightmare to put it politely.

Most banks seem to be dealing with it quite well. HSBC just keep fobbing me off. They told me that I must have known about the PPI as I signed a credit agreement. That may well be true but when I asked them for the credit agreement.... they can't find it!

May end up taking them to court over it.

over a year ago

I receive a leaflet showing potential reasons for claiming PPI, and none of them apply to me.

By *am sampsonMan
over a year ago

cwmbran

"any one claimed on this from the banks had a few storys ie my bank tsb intergate you when ya ring up to claim, just like to hear ppls exp when they have claimed."

Always keep my wallet in a condom

over a year ago

I claimed and got my money back, just wrote to the company, didn't use any of the companies that advertise on telly, why should they get a cut of my money.

over a year ago

"I've been trying to claim mine back from HSBC for 12 months. They are a fucking nightmare to put it politely.

Most banks seem to be dealing with it quite well. HSBC just keep fobbing me off. They told me that I must have known about the PPI as I signed a credit agreement. That may well be true but when I asked them for the credit agreement.... they can't find it!

May end up taking them to court over it."

advice on the websites at the point you seem to be at is to contact the banking ombudsman

over a year ago

I did with a simple phonecall to my bank's customer service number...it did take a few months before i heard anything concrete (i rang before the high court judgement) and managed to get over £600 knocked off a £3000 loan! Well worth it for a phone call i reckon!

By *abrina59TV/TS
over a year ago

submissive land

i have friends who had PPI on loan and had made a claim previously on it he put in claim and he got his monry back less money received during claim still got over £1k back though

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

In the past 6 months, I've managed to claw back around £1500, so it was worth it for me.

That's £1500 less in the Bank's profits!!!

over a year ago

Never took it out with anything thank goodness xx

By *abrina59TV/TS
over a year ago

submissive land

"In the past 6 months, I've managed to claw back around £1500, so it was worth it for me.

That's £1500 less in the Bank's profits!!!"

aww and how r those poor bankers meant to get a bonus if u taking all the money back lol

over a year ago

"I've been trying to claim mine back from HSBC for 12 months. They are a fucking nightmare to put it politely.

May end up taking them to court over it."

HSBC are the worst with this and will try to get you to admit things on the phone as they record. Ask for the paperwork as its their owness to prove you know about it.

By *agicfingerslovelyMan
over a year ago

Rugby

Got £2000 from the Halifax using the template on the Martin Lewis Money expert site - this site is just brilliant for other stuff as well. Saving money so that you can spend it on play time lol

By *annGentMan
over a year ago

With a cracking _iew

"Got £2000 from the Halifax using the template on the Martin Lewis Money expert site - this site is just brilliant for other stuff as well. Saving money so that you can spend it on play time lol "

Got my PPI payments back using the templates here, so no need to use the companies that advertise

By *uss PussWoman
over a year ago

east cheshire

Ive just got back £2.5k with another two claims agreed and Im just going to file another , you can claim for credit card ppi not just loans

money saving expert rocks

over a year ago

I have a loan and the company have been investigating this themselves, got a nice tidy sum back which I used towards reducing the payments to it

They will also be looking at the previous loan I had with them and should get another refund, which I shall use for my present loan

over a year ago

Iphoned llyods tsb myself and they asked reason for claim i said since found out could of got same cover for a lot less money and this was'nt explained to me at the time and got 2.5k back should take no longer than 12 week's claiming for mortage ppi now against Halifax and they said will know in 8 weeks i made claims on both ppi's and still won on llyods hope Halifax fold as easy i got more off claim than i paid in lol

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

see... i am interested in this now... i had a student bank loan with lloyds when i left uni and have no idea on whether i have pp1 on it or not.. will have to check it up as i finished off paying for it 2 years ago.. hmmm

By *lam rockerMan
over a year ago

Tain

tsb were easy to deal with - got £800 back.

Post new Message to Thread