Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

torture of bears for their. bile in china

Jump to newest

By *ap Adge OP   Man
over a year ago

Wirral

Hi every one daily express has a campain to. End this barbaric act. Hope every one takes a look. Paul

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

deffo will take a luk ,,any cruelty 2 animals shud stop ,, thanx 4 the info

over a year ago

Like China is gonna listen to us. Yeah right.

over a year ago

One of the cruelist things ever. We buy the express, so will be reading it.

over a year ago

"Like China is gonna listen to us. Yeah right. "

For evil to continue all it takes is for good men and women to do nothing. The power of people should never be underestimated and many a cruelty has been stopped because people have stood together against such barbaric treatment.

over a year ago

"Like China is gonna listen to us. Yeah right.

For evil to continue all it takes is for good men and women to do nothing. The power of people should never be underestimated and many a cruelty has been stopped because people have stood together against such barbaric treatment."

That's all well and good in a Martin Luther King type ideallist way but the real world isn't like that and China will simply tell the West to fook off if we try to intervene... unless we put some decent business their way.

That's how you'll stop bears being tortured in China. Or not.

over a year ago

we shud do 2 them wot they do 2 the poor innocent creatures ,,

over a year ago

people have been campaigning for this to end for years, many many bile farms have been closed down by the chinese goverment in a good will bid to other countries to been seen showing they are taking ending of this barbaric act serious, in reality all that really happens is the act goes under cover, the farms just open up else where

Bear bile is big buisness in china and many of the farmers have no other means of income and in a country where if you dont earn you dont eat the farmers arnt going to give it up that easily

What the chinese goverment really should be doing to show they care about ending this act is give the farmers alternative means of income so they dont need to work bile farm

over a year ago

Does the Daily Express have that many readers in The People's Republic of China?

No?

Pissing in the wind then methinks

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

For evil to continue all it takes is for good men and women to do nothing. The power of people should never be underestimated and many a cruelty has been stopped because people have stood together against such barbaric treatment."

I agree in principle, but unfortunately it doesnt seem to be working for the people in Tibet.

over a year ago

Some people need to take their rose coloured blindfolds off and see the world for how it really is. Ach!

over a year ago

Yeah it's shocking and it's wrong and it would be great if it could be ended but as others have said no newspaper petition is going make a change in China.

And in all honesty there are a hell of a lot worse things going on in China to get upset about than this.

over a year ago

Oh my, I was totally ignorant of this practice until reading this thread.

I've studied a few sites and educated myself a little, I'm truely shocked and appalled.... but not truely shocked to learn that China is the main culprit (if that makes any sense?).

over a year ago

"we shud do 2 them wot they do 2 the poor innocent creatures ,, "

+1

over a year ago

"Yeah it's shocking and it's wrong and it would be great if it could be ended but as others have said no newspaper petition is going make a change in China.

And in all honesty there are a hell of a lot worse things going on in China to get upset about than this."

Nothing much worse than this.

over a year ago

there was another thread earlier this week where a lot of people were saying we shouldn't judge other cultures. If i was picky i'd let this thread run its course then cross reference the answers

over a year ago

"Yeah it's shocking and it's wrong and it would be great if it could be ended but as others have said no newspaper petition is going make a change in China.

And in all honesty there are a hell of a lot worse things going on in China to get upset about than this.

Nothing much worse than this."

So their human rights record is exemplery?

over a year ago

So their human rights record is exemplery?"

Not good no, but still not so bad.

over a year ago

"people have been campaigning for this to end for years, many many bile farms have been closed down by the chinese goverment in a good will bid to other countries to been seen showing they are taking ending of this barbaric act serious, in reality all that really happens is the act goes under cover, the farms just open up else where

Bear bile is big buisness in china and many of the farmers have no other means of income and in a country where if you dont earn you dont eat the farmers arnt going to give it up that easily

What the chinese goverment really should be doing to show they care about ending this act is give the farmers alternative means of income so they dont need to work bile farm"

100 percent

over a year ago

Not good no, but still not so bad."

so you're saying

500,000 people are currently in detention without charge or trial,Harassment, surveillance, house arrest, and imprisonment of human rights defenders,censorship of the Internet and other media. Repression of minority groups. execution.loss of free speech,torture..

all these things aren't as bad as keeping a bear in a cage and tapping part of his body.???

I don't agree with the practise but come on!

over a year ago

so you're saying

500,000 people are currently in detention without charge or trial,Harassment, surveillance, house arrest, and imprisonment of human rights defenders,censorship of the Internet and other media. Repression of minority groups. execution.loss of free speech,torture..

all these things aren't as bad as keeping a bear in a cage and tapping part of his body.???

I don't agree with the practise but come on!"

Thats all very sad, but two wrongs dont make a right. And as it happens i get more upset about the bears than i do about the people. Sorry if that bothers you.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

so you're saying

Thats all very sad, but two wrongs dont make a right. And as it happens i get more upset about the bears than i do about the people. Sorry if that bothers you."

You have said this kind of thing in the forum before and i never ceased to be amazed by it

over a year ago

so you're saying

Thats all very sad, but two wrongs dont make a right. And as it happens i get more upset about the bears than i do about the people. Sorry if that bothers you.You have said this kind of thing in the forum before and i never ceased to be amazed by it "

Your problem, dear.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

so you're saying

Thats all very sad, but two wrongs dont make a right. And as it happens i get more upset about the bears than i do about the people. Sorry if that bothers you.You have said this kind of thing in the forum before and i never ceased to be amazed by it

Your problem, dear."

I am not your dear so please do not address me as such...as for having a problem, no i dont think i have, i put people before animals....

over a year ago

Ok, dont let it get to you.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 20/02/12 06:54:31]

over a year ago

so you're saying

I don't agree with the practise but come on!"

im my opinion its as bad

I dont put any species above another on this world

Lets be honest us humans dont really have the rights to expect special treatment above anything else, we kill ever other living creature on this planet, to the point of extinction at times, bears bile used for medicine, tiger bone wine, primates slaughtered for bush meat and their babys sold as pets or put in zoos for our entertainment, the list is endless, one polar bear killed a human last year and it was killed for it, how many polar bears have humans killed and stolen to put behind bars? and our lives are supposed to be put above everything elses?

Theres nothing special about us we cause more harm and deaths to other species and our own than any other animal on this planet

over a year ago

"Theres nothing special about us we cause more harm and deaths to other species and our own than any other animal on this planet"

Contrary to popular belief, there is no higher power looking down on us judging us for what we do on this earth. It's just a planet, one of millions in the universe, and it's populated by all sorts of lifeforms who live and feed off each other. We are at the top of the food chain not by chance, but by evolution. This planet is pummelled continually by atoms spewed out from our star that changes us on a genetic level. This process allows us to adapt to the environment that surrounds us, and this same process kills off weaker species that can't adapt.

So we kill a few animals to survive. We use their fur to keep warm (although some stupid people think it's wrong to do that), and we use their meat to feed ourselves. It's perfectly natural to do that and to go against it is to go against 4 billion years of evolution.

I suspect we won't be running out of animals anytime soon though, and if by evolutionary process another species becomes top dog on this planet then we'll become the hunted instead of being the hunter.

By *ixson-BallsMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

[Removed by poster at 20/02/12 13:56:26]

over a year ago

would normally make some sort of naff, sarcastic and humourous comment (well humourous for me anyway) comment right about here....but this is a barabaric waste of a majestic creature......shame the bears aren't fighting back and taking it out on those little yellow fiends!!!!

By *ixson-BallsMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

Contrary to popular belief, there is no higher power looking down on us judging us for what we do on this earth

not knowing the exact numbers, but i'm hazarding a guess that they are more religious people than atheists ...and so the popular theory is that there IS a higher power

over a year ago

You mean the Daily Express is printing stories other than Princess Di's death??????

over a year ago

"Theres nothing special about us we cause more harm and deaths to other species and our own than any other animal on this planet

Contrary to popular belief, there is no higher power looking down on us judging us for what we do on this earth. It's just a planet, one of millions in the universe, and it's populated by all sorts of lifeforms who live and feed off each other. We are at the top of the food chain not by chance, but by evolution. This planet is pummelled continually by atoms spewed out from our star that changes us on a genetic level. This process allows us to adapt to the environment that surrounds us, and this same process kills off weaker species that can't adapt.

So we kill a few animals to survive. We use their fur to keep warm (although some stupid people think it's wrong to do that), and we use their meat to feed ourselves. It's perfectly natural to do that and to go against it is to go against 4 billion years of evolution.

I suspect we won't be running out of animals anytime soon though, and if by evolutionary process another species becomes top dog on this planet then we'll become the hunted instead of being the hunter."

just out of interest if its evolution thats made us top dog to eat and wear animals, if evolution has given some the thinking power and option to choose not to do this why are they stupid?

People are stupid for being able to think and not being sheep and following the masses

over a year ago

"Contrary to popular belief, there is no higher power looking down on us judging us for what we do on this earth

not knowing the exact numbers, but i'm hazarding a guess that they are more religious people than atheists ...and so the popular theory is that there IS a higher power "

Let's correct that shall we.

"so the popular THEORY is that there is a BELIEF in a higher power" ... not quite the same thing is it.

over a year ago

"People are stupid for being able to think and not being sheep and following the masses "

The stupid one's I am referring to are those tree-hugging earth warriors who throw paint over someone's fut coat who exercised a legal right to purchase and wear it. Yet those same tree-hugging earth warriors identify keenly with native american indians who were so in tune with nature etc etc blah blah blah yet they killed animals and wore their fur too, but I know I'll get the argument that they did it to survive.

I wonder, if your car broke down in the dead of night in the worst winter on record and you had to walk to get help... would you rather have a fur coat or a blanket to do it in?

over a year ago

"People are stupid for being able to think and not being sheep and following the masses

The stupid one's I am referring to are those tree-hugging earth warriors who throw paint over someone's fut coat who exercised a legal right to purchase and wear it. Yet those same tree-hugging earth warriors identify keenly with native american indians who were so in tune with nature etc etc blah blah blah yet they killed animals and wore their fur too, but I know I'll get the argument that they did it to survive.

I wonder, if your car broke down in the dead of night in the worst winter on record and you had to walk to get help... would you rather have a fur coat or a blanket to do it in?"

I'd kill a fox and wrap it round me neck

over a year ago

For evil to continue all it takes is for good men and women to do nothing. The power of people should never be underestimated and many a cruelty has been stopped because people have stood together against such barbaric treatment.

That's all well and good in a Martin Luther King type ideallist way but the real world isn't like that and China will simply tell the West to fook off if we try to intervene... unless we put some decent business their way.

That's how you'll stop bears being tortured in China. Or not."

The voice of realism here.

over a year ago

"Hi every one daily express has a campain to. End this barbaric act. Hope every one takes a look. Paul"

Ah the good old Daily Express, a reliable source of information .

By *ixson-BallsMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

[Removed by poster at 20/02/12 19:36:57]

over a year ago

I agree in principle, but unfortunately it doesnt seem to be working for the people in Tibet."

Have you actually been to Tibet or is your assertion just based on what you have seen on the television or in the newspapers?

Perhaps you should go there, as I have (three times). You might learn something.

Tashi deleg.

By *ixson-BallsMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

this thread as per is going off topic...

so back on track...i'll say ...yes its wrong of the chinese to get the bile from bears

...as to the solution??....as long as there are bears in china its gonna be difficult to change their centuries old habits...

By *ixson-BallsMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

"Contrary to popular belief, there is no higher power looking down on us judging us for what we do on this earth

not knowing the exact numbers, but i'm hazarding a guess that they are more religious people than atheists ...and so the popular BELIEF is that there IS a higher power

Let's correct that shall we.

"so the popular THEORY is that there is a BELIEF in a higher power" ... not quite the same thing is it."

is that better....

Post new Message to Thread