Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

2nd interview whilst suspended

Jump to newest

By *urreylass2016 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Berkshire not Surrey

Just had second job interview, but am suspended from my current job. Nothing sinister, Started my training for my current job role in February a total career change and 3 modules I needed to pass. Successful passed 2 and been suspended for the past month for failing to pass the 3rd. If I get offered the new job, do I say about the suspension?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Nah

over a year ago

"Just had second job interview, but am suspended from my current job. Nothing sinister, Started my training for my current job role in February a total career change and 3 modules I needed to pass. Successful passed 2 and been suspended for the past month for failing to pass the 3rd. If I get offered the new job, do I say about the suspension?"
nice one hope one pays off for you

By *stellaWoman
over a year ago

London

"Just had second job interview, but am suspended from my current job. Nothing sinister, Started my training for my current job role in February a total career change and 3 modules I needed to pass. Successful passed 2 and been suspended for the past month for failing to pass the 3rd. If I get offered the new job, do I say about the suspension?"

Why would you need to say?

over a year ago

you won't need to say anything unless they contact your current employer. If they do they will ask for your side of the story

over a year ago

I would tell them because when your current employer gives the factual reference "they had worked here for 3 months but at the time of their resignation had been suspended for over a month" your potential employer is going to see some huge red flags.

over a year ago

You think that's bad I left my job for a new job. But they said I needed a police check. So I asked for one. 7; weeks ago. My new job keeps phoning me asking where is my police check. It's been sent to a 3rd party nearly 4 weeks ago. Meanwhile I have no money coming in. It's doing my head in

over a year ago

Say nowt , it’s confidential between you and your employer

over a year ago

Nope

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"You think that's bad I left my job for a new job. But they said I needed a police check. So I asked for one. 7; weeks ago. My new job keeps phoning me asking where is my police check. It's been sent to a 3rd party nearly 4 weeks ago. Meanwhile I have no money coming in. It's doing my head in"

Why isn't your new job organising the police check if they require it?

Also, I'd never leave a job until all my ducks were in a row at the new one.

To answer the op...i would mention it. As someone said, your current employer will be asked for references so they might disclose it and you aren't suspended for misconduct.

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

If its for nothing sinister then it may be best to mention it,it stops you worrying incase they're informed.

over a year ago

I would tell them but don’t use the word suspended as it has negative connotations. Say something like you’ve been asked to stay at home until they’ve discussed your situation

Or you’re working from home until...

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

Say your current position is on hold until qualified, that you have passed 2 out of 3 modules and are waiting to (re)take the 3rd.

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

Or that your current position is being held until you pass the third module of three.

over a year ago

HR Generalist here!!

If you are successful and they get references they will more than likely find that out unless it’s company policy to just confirm dates and job title which is the case in many company’s.

But if they were to mention the suspension, for it being for not passing a module, I personally wouldn’t see that as a reason not to hire you.

Unless the job you are going for is the same industry and also requires you to have passed that module? Then possibly.

Hope all goes well and good luck!

T x

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

Just tell them.

Our employees need CRB checks and a few during the interview process mention things that could be on there (from their mispent youth) and we view it in context. Their honesty was always appreciated.

over a year ago

Be honest, it is likely your current employer with give a reference?

By *heekyFlirtyCoupleCouple
over a year ago

Stockport

"Say your current position is on hold until qualified, that you have passed 2 out of 3 modules and are waiting to (re)take the 3rd. "

This

over a year ago

"Or that your current position is being held until you pass the third module of three. "

Perfect!

over a year ago

"Say your current position is on hold until qualified, that you have passed 2 out of 3 modules and are waiting to (re)take the 3rd. "

This

Covers you just in case your ex-employers gives a reference, so many companies don’t these days.

Post new Message to Thread